PDA

View Full Version : leathers & w/proofs or textiles?

hovis
28-06-07, 06:25 AM
what you wearing?

not now, but for the AR?

BILLY
28-06-07, 06:54 AM
Leathers and water proofs fo me! :cool:

Mousetrapper
28-06-07, 07:22 AM
My recently proven to be unwaterproof textiles.

Luckypants
28-06-07, 08:02 AM
If I can get the bits needed for the bike, textile jacket and leather jeans with waterproofs. Some of us can't afford two suits....

Skip
28-06-07, 08:17 AM
I dont have any textiles so its waterproofs over leathers for me...

My mate has just leant me a pair of waterproof gauntlets so hopefully I can wear my summer gloves all weekend :)

hovis
28-06-07, 08:18 AM
If I can get the bits needed for the bike, textile jacket and leather jeans with waterproofs. Some of us can't afford two suits....

but they can afford new bikes:smt103

Luckypants
28-06-07, 09:03 AM
but they can afford new bikes:smt103
That's why!!! :(

Jar
28-06-07, 09:56 AM
I only have leathers. I need to go waterproof shopping but it isnt pay day till tomorrow. last minute rush!

The worse thing for me is my boots. I only have sidi vertebra and they like to suck in water and hold it down the bottom. my feat will be rank all weekend!

*adds goretex socks to shopping list*

Skip
28-06-07, 10:03 AM
I only have leathers. I need to go waterproof shopping but it isnt pay day till tomorrow. last minute rush!

The worse thing for me is my boots. I only have sidi vertebra and they like to suck in water and hold it down the bottom. my feat will be rank all weekend!

*adds goretex socks to shopping list*
I had a tip from a guy on my bike safe course to put carrier bags over your boots and hold them on with elastic bands - never tried this but it makes some sense I guess...

Jar
28-06-07, 10:18 AM
well 2mths said "do you think you could ride in wellies" hehe

i like the bag idea. dryness is better than fashion for sure!

carlos
28-06-07, 07:37 PM
Oh dear, I am so confused now. Streetbike has called to say my one-piece leathers are now in -aaargggghhhh! Up until now the whole leather/textiles thing was a no-brainer really but now I'm actually considering leathers. What better way to break 'em in.

Heed
28-06-07, 11:05 PM
Leather trousers and a textile jacket.