PDA

View Full Version : Gloves with gel in the palm side

sv650sfan
30-06-07, 06:59 PM
Hi all,

I am a short rider i.e. 5 feet 8 inches; I have bought a SV650S about a month back. Because of my height, I guess I have a tendency to shift more of my weight to my hands when riding. Right now I have a very cheap pair of gloves but they have gel on the inside and that kind of helps (at least I've been told so). Any suggestions for a good pair of gloves that either have enough gel or padding on the inside of the palm; I'm looking for good protection and comfort.

Thanks,

K
01-07-07, 09:57 AM
Not sure on the golves side I'm afraid - but a shift in your riding position too may help ease the weight from your hands/wrists.

Try to grip more with your thighs/knees and tilt your pelvis forwards - this will help to remove the pressure on your wrists by making your stomach and back work harder.
(Another way to describe the tilt in your pelvis is to simply try sticking your bumout a bit!)

Also try not to curl your upper body over the tank. Shoulders back and head up - then bend from the waist rather than the chest.

Once your muscles get used to the extra work they will support your upper body more and leave your hands with the lightest of touches on the bars.

Hope that helps some.

sv650sfan
01-07-07, 06:12 PM
Thanks K; will try this out.

sv650sfan
03-07-07, 10:26 PM
Once again thanks K; rode as you had described; did feel funny at first but definitely took off the pressure from the hands and the wrists.

K
04-07-07, 09:07 AM
Cool - once your stomach and back muscles adapt it becomes easier and more comfortable.

And also has the added advantage of toning up a 6 pack! ;)

sv650sfan
05-07-07, 06:16 PM
Cool - once your stomach and back muscles adapt it becomes easier and more comfortable.

And also has the added advantage of toning up a 6 pack! ;)

There is one reason for convincing my girlfriend to let go on my SV650S more often :D