PDA

View Full Version : A short vid from the second leg of the AR

northwind
02-07-07, 07:58 PM
Warning: This video contains no exciting overtakes, no knee down action, and no wheelies :) But if you were in the back half of the ride there's a good chance you're in it. More to come on those lines but I wanted to get a shorter one ready to go just to see how it works. Playing with Raf's footage now as it's much more interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NayLWl5IbFk

For those interested, this was my wee Oregon Scientific ATC 2K, bought on Ebay for the princely sum of £80, and fitted to a very rough wing mirror mount (as with all the best bodges, about 10 feet of electric tape was also involved). It's a wee bit wobbly but it's not engine vibes, just road bumps. Maybe I can reduce that, maybe not, I could build a foam-mount bracket but then the cam might move within it on its own weight. So first I'll build a better solid mount and try that. A 2gb card gives you more or less an hour of video at max quality with the sound on- possibly more with sound off, haven't tried that. Not too shabby at all. Also completely waterproof- oh, how we tested it.

on yer bike
02-07-07, 08:06 PM
Awesome! well done m8

Richie
02-07-07, 08:07 PM
yep, well done , who's the music by?

northwind
02-07-07, 08:17 PM
Music is Don't Let Go by Weezer, cunningly chosen by being exactly the right length. Raf's video will be harder to soundtrack since it's about 9 minutes with the chaff cut off ;) Probably end up using Tubular Bells!

<edit- does it go black after 2.08 for anyone else?>

Tim in Belgium
02-07-07, 08:26 PM
Good video, but yes I got the black after 2.08 too.

SoulKiss
02-07-07, 08:26 PM
Music is Don't Let Go by Weezer, cunningly chosen by being exactly the right length. Raf's video will be harder to soundtrack since it's about 9 minutes with the chaff cut off ;) Probably end up using Tubular Bells!

<edit- does it go black after 2.08 for anyone else?>

Meatloaf has a fine collection of tunes of the 8 to 9 minute length......

on yer bike
02-07-07, 08:27 PM
yip went black for me 2

northwind
02-07-07, 08:38 PM
I'll get that fixed then... Hang on.

Bear
02-07-07, 08:47 PM
Yep, fraid so. It does bring a smile to my face tho!

northwind
02-07-07, 08:57 PM
Meatloaf has a fine collection of tunes of the 8 to 9 minute length......

Found the perfect tune for part one :)