PDA

View Full Version : Ar08

Grinch
02-07-07, 10:14 PM
So when do we plan that one? I need something to look forward to. lol. ;)

SoulKiss
02-07-07, 10:34 PM

1st question has to be did Jax say it was ok to have it in your back garden - you seemed to think it would be :P

Skip
03-07-07, 08:20 AM
Viper suggested having it at his farm - free camping and hogroast!

stewie
03-07-07, 08:24 AM

Me too, Im suffering withdrawal symptoms.

Grinch
03-07-07, 08:50 AM

So where would that be?

Skip
03-07-07, 08:58 AM
So where would that be?
That would help wouldnt it!

Somerset IIRC...

SoulKiss
03-07-07, 08:59 AM
So where would that be?

Tha be down pass Brizzle way that be.

Baph
03-07-07, 09:01 AM
I know he said free camping, but IIRC, the hogroast option was at cost, not free.

Lets not take advantage of the man!!

fizzwheel
03-07-07, 09:21 AM
That would help wouldnt it!

Somerset IIRC...

Bruton to be exact. some lovely roads down our neck of the woods...

stewie
03-07-07, 09:32 AM
Have to say if given the choice it would be the west country first followed by scotland, however as we did north this year I,d vote for south next time round. Sorry Scotland ;)

Baph
03-07-07, 09:35 AM
Some people at the AR mentioned Wales as well, but that was ruled out for AR07 for not being central enough for everyone.

fizzwheel
03-07-07, 09:40 AM
But not being central didnt seem to put off people this year especially with all that rain.

Just a thought.

Baph
03-07-07, 09:42 AM
But not being central didnt seem to put off people this year especially with all that rain.

Just a thought.
My point exactly.

My personal opinion is that after a number of possible areas have been nominated, a poll be started. The winning area of the poll being the area that AR08 is held. Maybe wait a month or two to start planning AR08 though eh?

Personally, I'd prefer it NOT be Wales, since I live here. I'd prefer to ride roads I don't know as it's more of a challenge.

Skip
03-07-07, 09:44 AM
I know he said free camping, but IIRC, the hogroast option was at cost, not free.

Lets not take advantage of the man!!
:oops: Sorry, bad grammar on my part! I meant that we can camp for free and he was also able to supply a hogroast...

Is that better?! :p :lol:

fizzwheel
03-07-07, 09:49 AM
My point exactly.

My personal opinion is that after a number of possible areas have been nominated, a poll be started. The winning area of the poll being the area that AR08 is held. Maybe wait a month or two to start planning AR08 though eh?

IMHO it made it more of an organisational challenge doing it that way this year. I think it would be better to ask for people to step up and organise a route and a campsite etc etc, then when we have a few suggestions then put poll up and let people choose from those.

its all very well saying "The Lakes" or "Wales" but if nobody is going to actually organise the route etc then it always IMHO seems to come down to the same people having to sort stuff out.

It'd be better for next year for the people that organised this years to have a break and perhaps for other people to step up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not having a go or a dig at anybody, I'm really glad despite the headaches and the weather that this years seems to have gone off so well and that everybody who made the effort enjoyed it.

Top job on the organising front I think to.

Baph
03-07-07, 09:53 AM
Skip, much better, just didn't want Viper to get the wrong idea. ;)

Fizzwheel, mainly because it is the same people putting the effort in time & time again I'm more than happy to put some effort in to planning something. Although plans will be pretty vague until it's confirmed, wouldn't want to go to a crap load of effort only for it not to be used.

I reckon it'd be good to give the usual organisers a bit of a rest, partly as a thank you for all their previous effort.

Treacle
03-07-07, 09:59 AM
How about having an egg n spoon race or a sack race? School sports day kind of thing you know.

fizzwheel
03-07-07, 10:01 AM
How about having an egg n spoon race or a sack race? School sports day kind of thing you know.

With Jelly and Ice Cream for the winners ? :D

Treacle
03-07-07, 10:04 AM
See Fizz I think were on the same wave lenght here. ;-)

Viney
03-07-07, 10:05 AM
I vote for South Wales. I know a great campsite in Hay on wye, and already have a 130mileish rideout on paper.

So thats that then.

Good idea Treac's, or Motorbike football!!

fizzwheel
03-07-07, 10:06 AM
See Fizz I think were on the same wave lenght here. ;-)

:thumbsup: :D

Grinch
03-07-07, 10:22 AM
I need to plan a ride-out in my area...

K
03-07-07, 12:07 PM

With Jelly and Ice Cream for the winners ? :D

Good idea Treac's, or Motorbike football!!

Can we have a 'Crippo Race' for the members of the Wonky Knee Gang?:crutches:

hovis
03-07-07, 12:09 PM
Some people at the AR mentioned Wales as well, but that was ruled out for AR07 for not being central enough for everyone.

SURLEY WALES IS MORE CENTRAL THAN THE LAKES THOUGH?

Luckypants
03-07-07, 12:14 PM
SURLEY WALES IS MORE CENTRAL THAN THE LAKES THOUGH?Not if you live in Scotland..............

Thing is, we have to accept that some years you have to go a long way and other years go a short distance. My first AR was in N. Wales, met folks at the Ponderosa, so I've had one on my doorstep and it's my turn to travel for a few years. (this year was my 2nd AR - not trying to sound like a veteren here!)

hovis
03-07-07, 12:20 PM
but we are on about cental for everybody, not just scotland?

Skip
03-07-07, 12:26 PM
I think this phrase is quite pertinent here....

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time

rictus01
03-07-07, 12:35 PM
trust me, it'll be the wrong weekend, wrong location, wrong weather, wrong camp site, but none of that matters, as long as we have the right attitude it'll all work, think we just proved that.

Cheers Mark.

stewie
03-07-07, 12:36 PM
The only alternative would to have the AR in the same place every year, Burton upon trent is reckoned to be the most central town in the uk, eg most equidistant from every other habitable areas, motorway networks etc.. but then we lose the variety. I suppose the only fair way of doing it is with a poll then everyone gets a vote as to where we will have it next year, and if its half as much fun as it was this year then it will be definitely worth travelling for, I might even bring a bike !

Alpinestarhero
03-07-07, 12:44 PM
I'm coming :D

Matt

SoulKiss
03-07-07, 12:49 PM
If the AR end up being down the south west then surely the best plan is for anyone travelling from the north to book into the site we just stayed at, in the bunkrooms, and add an extra stop.

Ok so its still a long way, but should be fairly cheap to stay over.

David

Baph
03-07-07, 12:52 PM

Matt
TMI!!

Alpinestarhero
03-07-07, 12:54 PM
TMI!!

:oops:

I mean, im going to attend the AR08 :)

:D

Matt

hovis
03-07-07, 12:55 PM

Matt

me too................ i dont care where it is, as i will be on a honda & they never brake down

VTR or FIREBLADE :-k

Skip
03-07-07, 12:55 PM
TMI!!

:smt046

Alpinestarhero
03-07-07, 01:00 PM
Now why did hovis pass on the oppertunity to riddicule me also...?

Hovis - try both bikes, but I would pick the fireblade!

Matt

Grinch
03-07-07, 01:32 PM
I don't care where it is, I'll be there. If I can manage this weekend, I can manage any.

stewie
03-07-07, 01:34 PM
I don't care where it is, I'll be there. If I can manage this weekend, I can manage any.

Well said that man :thumbsup:

Luckypants
03-07-07, 02:49 PM
I don't care where it is, I'll be there. If I can manage this weekend, I can manage any. me to.

Mogs
03-07-07, 02:59 PM
If Mr Viper is serious (not pished at the time), then I think we should take up his kind offer. Somerset has some lovely roads. If Bruton or South Wales is selected I volunteer to help out where I can.

valleyboy
03-07-07, 03:07 PM
I was going to suggest Abergavenny as a possible location as well.... cant go wrong for biking roads around that part of Wales... plenty of options for routes, and a good few campsites to boot as well.... may as well fill abergavenny bus station to the hilt!

fizzwheel
03-07-07, 03:16 PM
If Mr Viper is serious (not pished at the time), then I think we should take up his kind offer. Somerset has some lovely roads. If Bruton or South Wales is selected I volunteer to help out where I can.

Aye me an all. I've already got 3 or so routes that would only need a tweak o two to make them work from Bruton.

stewie
03-07-07, 03:18 PM
Dont want to put a dampener on this, but, shouldnt we be asking him first ?

fizzwheel
03-07-07, 03:23 PM
Dont want to put a dampener on this, but, shouldnt we be asking him first ?

Indeed we should. Leave it with me.

tinpants
03-07-07, 03:25 PM

Well said Kev. Me too.

I know loads of ace roads in and around the Wye Valley if we're running from Abergavenny. Not too up on the roads around Bruton though.

P'raps the Bristol Mofos and The Taffia could get something sorted between them???

Skip
03-07-07, 03:26 PM
He was drinking at the time - but I got the impression that he was serious - my apologies to everyone if he wasnt! :oops:

Grinch
03-07-07, 03:42 PM
What else is in this feild? As I don't want to be sharing it with some cow pats.

_Stretchie_
03-07-07, 03:43 PM
SURLEY WALES IS MORE CENTRAL THAN THE LAKES THOUGH?

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?!?!?

me too................ i dont care where it is, as i will be on a honda & they never brake down

VTR or FIREBLADE :-k

How about a Super Dream.. With a top box

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4702/250n1xu6.jpg

stewie
03-07-07, 03:56 PM
WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?!?!?

How about a Super Dream.. With a top box

http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/4702/250n1xu6.jpg

Or one of these bad boys, the other one,s for stretchie.

Jar
03-07-07, 04:10 PM
Definately going to be in my calendar of events for 2008, no matter where it is!

dirtydog
03-07-07, 06:48 PM
trust me, it'll be the wrong weekend, wrong location, wrong weather, wrong camp site,.

OK i'll hold my hands up to that one as i did have a little moan about the chosen weekend :rolleyes: but the more i thought about it the more it made sense, that weekend was chosen on a concensus for a few reasons so that's fair enough.

As for AR08 i'm not overly fussed where it is (although Somerset sounds good) and due to family commitments it's a 50/50 chance as to whether i can come unfortunately this year was the wrong 50 :(

If i can help in any way i will

dizzyblonde
03-07-07, 07:07 PM
wherever and whenever the next one is I will endevour to get there. I'm getting withdrawal symtoms now. If it is to be anything as good as this year it will be fab..rain-don't care, deer- don't care, just don't have it anywhere near where I can run over the beast of Bodmin or a wild pony or bigfoot:smt119

Viper
03-07-07, 09:51 PM
He was drinking at the time - but I got the impression that he was serious - my apologies to everyone if he wasnt! :oops:
I was very serious.
I am checking with the powers that be to confirm use of a field and to draft in loos and showers. It is possible and i would love it to go ahead. I will post up in here when i am back at work and have confirmed and initial green light.

fizzwheel
03-07-07, 10:11 PM
I was very serious.
I am checking with the powers that be to confirm use of a field and to draft in loos and showers. It is possible and i would love it to go ahead. I will post up in here when i am back at work and have confirmed and initial green light.

If it does go ahead, count me in helping out wise, I'm more than happy to work out a suitable route for the riding bit of the weekend and I'll do whatever else I can.

Dan
04-07-07, 07:18 AM
I was very serious.

Top man. Only a 600 mile round trip so count me in if we go ahead :thumbsup:, but I'm bringing my caravan this time :D

Mogs
04-07-07, 07:34 AM
I was very serious.
I am checking with the powers that be to confirm use of a field and to draft in loos and showers.

Pitch it to them as an opportunity to promote the business, all those web savvy bikers wanting more of the quality food and recommending it.

tinpants
04-07-07, 10:08 AM
I was very serious.

Nice one. Gets my vote.

If this "tender" is successful you can count me in to help. :thumbsup:

hovis
04-07-07, 10:13 AM
im in too.............. as long as my bike wants to come

do we have to wait a whole year? not fair:smt056

stewie
04-07-07, 10:15 AM
Count me in too, cant wait :thumbsup:

hovis
04-07-07, 10:40 AM
i think this thread just proves that, more weekends away are wanted/needed, but as said there can only be 1 AR/AE and having a weekend away every month may make the AR not as important? i would hope not
VB xan vick etc are planning a weekend away in august,
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=92593

perhaps the regions could organise simerler camping trips?

Viper
04-07-07, 10:45 AM
Top man. Only a 600 mile round trip so count me in if we go ahead , but I'm bringing my caravan this time :D

Good idea, We can all use your toilet and shower. Job done, sorted:thumbsup: he he..

_Stretchie_
04-07-07, 10:51 AM
Top man. Only a 600 mile round trip so count me in if we go ahead :thumbsup:, but I'm bringing my caravan this time :D

Alright sweet cheeks.. :smt056 Any room for me :smt045

plowsie
04-07-07, 10:55 AM
By how close he was getting to you at the Ar on Satday night it wouldn't suprise me lol

Dan
04-07-07, 11:30 AM
Good idea, We can all use your toilet and shower. Job done, sorted:thumbsup: he he..

By invitation... for the civilised ones. Those on the list take turns emptying the chemical toilet :thumbsup:

:smt057 I'll crack out the double sleeping bag then eh?

By how close he was getting to you at the Ar on Satday night it wouldn't suprise me lol

I love everyone me :D

melody
04-07-07, 06:08 PM
me me me me me me me me me

Ok. Now thats sorted, where's the nearest B&B?:p

Melody

pmapp
24-07-07, 07:47 PM
Will be keeping an eye on this one, count me in :-)

Bear
24-07-07, 08:39 PM
wherever and whenever the next one is I will endevour to get there. I'm getting withdrawal symtoms now. If it is to be anything as good as this year it will be fab..rain-don't care, deer- don't care, just don't have it anywhere near where I can run over the beast of Bodmin or a wild pony or bigfoot:smt119

Please don't run me over, I am both the beast of bodmin AND a bigfoot...

rictus01
24-07-07, 10:35 PM
Can we have a 'Crippo Race' for the members of the Wonky Knee Gang?:crutches:

Have to be a handicap though :oops:

(OK already I'm going)

Moffatt666
25-07-07, 10:04 PM
Will I be there? Yes! :D

yorkie_chris
25-07-07, 11:19 PM
where I can run over the beast of Bodmin or a wild pony or bigfoot:smt119

This is terrible, Louisa is running out of things to kill! She's done squirrells, Bambi and something feathery today which we never identified and now shes starting on the mythical creatures!

Call the RSPCA!

yorkie_chris
25-07-07, 11:19 PM
me me me me me me me me me

Ok. Now thats sorted, where's the nearest B&B?:p

Melody

You wuss!

Bear
26-07-07, 07:29 AM
Got an idea for an event at the AE08...

see here...

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1246699#post1246699