PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestars S-MX 1 vs. Alpinestarts Ridge Waterproof vs. SetupVision

sv650sfan
06-07-07, 11:03 PM
Hi all,

Need help in deciding between the following three:

Alpinestars S-MX 1
Alpinestarts Ridge Waterproof
Setup Vision

Comments/Suggestions?

Thanks,

gettin2dizzy
08-07-07, 11:41 PM
What style of riding/weather conditions do you favour? Might help as each set of boots has its own characteristics.

sv650sfan
09-07-07, 08:18 PM
Preferance would be 'sunny at all times' :) , but unfortunately can't have that. Well boots that would be okay for daily commute to work, comfortable and protective at the same time - would be riding in rain or sunshine.

sv650sfan
13-07-07, 08:36 AM
Finally found boots that I like; I've bought Dainese Torque Out. Great shoes - comfortable and protective - at least I think so :D
I am attaching a pic of the boots. By the way, mine are black without any blue.

plowsie
13-07-07, 08:40 AM
I have wore my Supertech all year round and never found a problem at all with them ie.Waterproofness, comfort, warmth, long lastingness etc. Except for that my feet come back from the AR all wrinkled because i wore them all weekend except for when i slept and showered :lol:

Jester666
16-07-07, 09:24 AM
I have wore my Supertech all year round and never found a problem at all with them ie.Waterproofness, comfort, warmth, long lastingness etc. Except for that my feet come back from the AR all wrinkled because i wore them all weekend except for when i slept and showered :lol:

And they survived being run over by your own bike!! Gotta say something for the protection!! :D

Sorry!!! :D

plowsie
16-07-07, 09:27 AM
And they survived being run over by your own bike!! Gotta say something for the protection!! :D

Sorry!!! :D
Never a truer word spoken :rave: :smt023

trail guru
20-09-10, 12:43 PM
Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof - I had a pair for about 8 months and they were great on and off the bike but leather started to split along natural fold lines and off the ends of the tooled grooves in the top of the boot. Alpinestars replaced them as faulty. If the new ones last out I'd heartily recommend them bar one small gripe - the soles slip on wet tarmac.