PDA

View Full Version : Help with fitting dogbones...

LouLou
07-07-07, 12:03 AM
Hello! Would anybody be willing to lend a hand helping me fit longer dogbones and sorting out the forks if I decide that I need to lower my bike a bit more (I'm thinking I might get on better if I do!). I'd be hugely grateful for some help from somebody who's happy to work on bikes as my other half's into cars and generally isn't the best person to help due to a clash of personalities during stressful moments (usually when I'm panicking that he might 'hurt' my bike lol) :D

Tea and biscuits will be freely available of course!

Ta. Lou

Law
07-07-07, 05:02 AM
Has the seat already been scooped out?

That's the best way to lower the bike if you wanted it slightly lower. It doesn't affect handling and if you have two seats really quick to change back to normal.

If you already have the dogbones then nevermind

Can't help with the dogbones as

a) I'm in Guildford
b) I don't have an ABBA/NWS stand to take the weight off the rear shock.

and most importantly

c) I'm mechanically inept!! lol

BigBaddad
09-07-07, 08:18 AM
Not too bad with the spanners....not really done much on my bike yet. I do live very close to you and would happy to lend a hand if you could find someone else aswell that knows what they are doing.

davy
09-07-07, 10:19 AM
Where u at LouLou, I have changed my dogbones before.

LouLou
09-07-07, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys, I live in Northwold...nr. Thetford.

I'm gonna see how I get on with my cut down seat for now and I've just bought a 125 to keep me going until I pass my test so I might not buy the dogbones for a while yet...will see how I get on! :D

Caddy2000
09-07-07, 04:10 PM
My God! I used to live in Northwold! Do you know Mike Parfitt?

LouLou
09-07-07, 06:32 PM
OMG!! Scary!! I was sorting out insurance for my new bike earlier and the person I was speaking to said her grandad lived on my street :D

I moved here from Mundford last October so I don't know many people inthe village but I've certainly heard the name :D

Caddy2000
09-07-07, 06:37 PM
Watch out for him! Dirty old bugger! You can tell him that clewis junior said so!!
I used to live in Holly Villa! Haven't been back in years......

LouLou
09-07-07, 06:44 PM
Dirty old bugger eh? Why's that then? :D Or don't I want to know!?

Caddy2000
10-07-07, 11:20 AM
Well he is the retired village copper, so that must say something about his character!
And the stories he has told! I remember hearing stuff that a young boy should never hear whilst sitting in the cricket club pavilion!

LouLou
10-07-07, 06:07 PM
Well he is the retired village copper, so that must say something about his character!
And the stories he has told! I remember hearing stuff that a young boy should never hear whilst sitting in the cricket club pavilion!

Sounds ominous :D