PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILER* German GP at the Sachsenring - May contain results

Jdubya
11-07-07, 07:35 AM
This weekend.
Coverage on British Eurosport starts live with friday free-practice.

Razor
11-07-07, 07:39 AM
I guess that means another weekend where I won't leave the couch much?
Can't wait :)

Jdubya
13-07-07, 09:49 AM
11h45 live from germany today.

Jdubya
13-07-07, 12:59 PM
Free practice friday afternoon.

1. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 22.737 secs
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 23.083 secs
3. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 23.366 secs
4. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 23.387 secs
5. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 1min 23.413 secs
6. Marco Melandri ITA Gresini Honda (B) 1min 23.430 secs
7. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 23.548 secs
8. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 23.613 secs
9. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 23.645 secs
10. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 23.667 secs
11. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 23.683 secs
12. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 23.687 secs
13. Alex Hofmann GER Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 23.856 secs
14. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 24.090 secs
15. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 24.106 secs
16. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 24.200 secs *
17. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 1min 24.208 secs
18. Michel Fabrizio ITA Gresini Honda (B) 1min 24.748 secs
19. Kurtis Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 1min 25.316 secs

Pedrosa
13-07-07, 03:24 PM
Superb performance by Guintoli in afternoon session. Tamada's Moto GP career definitely ends this season. Loris oh dear,oh dear!
Poor Nicky what the hell has happened since Assen? More chance of a drunken tourist avoiding being mowed down by a bull in Pamplona this week than him repeating his podium in Germany.:p

Nice little Spanish boy right up there though!

Rossi
15-07-07, 12:18 PM
Drat, drat, and double drat.

Pedrosa, me thinks this race is yours to lose...

Jelster
15-07-07, 12:57 PM
Stunning performance by the little Spaniard... And well done Nick Hayden too, good to see him back on form.

Filipe M.
15-07-07, 01:12 PM
Stunning performance by the little Spaniard...

He even smiled! :o

Pedrosa
15-07-07, 01:18 PM
So pleased for the Little Spanish boy to end his non winning streak.

Big grin on my face to see Loris using a motor configured very differently than that of Casey, to come through and claim 2nd.

I cannot see how anyone watching Nicky hayden's performance today,can doubt his true credentials? A battling and determined performance which was a pleasure to watch. If he were Italian and did that people would be claiming him as being the G.O.A.T.

Rossi? Say what you think and despite being as good as he undoubtedly is, the Young Guns are now realy in his head. Forcing him to go for an impossible lean angle in order to go under De Puniet. In other words he made a big MISTAKE. Maybe the Rossi leg humping is going to ease down a little now that the occasional question is raised about him?

Jelster
15-07-07, 04:22 PM
Rossi is still a fantastic rider, and a true racer, which is why he HAD to go for that overtake. He was being left behind and the Kawasaki was slowing him down. He needs major points so he took a racers all or nothing move. He got nothing, but was it that much of a mistake ?? In hindsight maybe, as the some of the front runners fell by the wayside, but he wasn't to know that.

As for Nicky Hayden, I'll not hide the fact that I'm a big Nicky fan... He's been plagued by problems which have mostly been induced by Honda designing a bike for one man, and that isn't him. He's got grit and a racers instinct. I think inside he is appier than Pedrosa this evening, knowing that he's got things back on track with the US race coming up...

The Basket
15-07-07, 07:45 PM
Have to praise Pedrosa today. He was excellent.

Have to give full credit to Hayden. He has certainly shown his true colours over the last two races. Has shut up the critics and must be odds on for three in a row at Laguna. Shown why he was world champion and that the bike was crap, not he.

Anyone know what is happaning to Colin Edwards next year? Shame if he leaves MotoGP.

Hector Barbera deserves a slap.

Pedrosa
15-07-07, 08:18 PM
Hanna Barbera deserves a slap.

Why wazup fella? You not like Scooby Doo or something?:p :p :p

The Basket
15-07-07, 09:31 PM
Why wazup fella? You not like Scooby Doo or something?:p :p :p

You slay me Dude! Almost crying on the podium, smiling and now with the jokes...you been at the San Miguel, Dani!

Hector certainly not having a scooby doo when it comes to safe overtaking. I'm sure the KTM gave him a slap roond the heed.

Pedrosa
16-07-07, 12:03 AM
Basket,sorry fella!;)

Hector was out gunned by the other bikes and stated in a poste race interview that his only hope was to try and out brake the guys he was battling with. Only problem was he just did not have the braking power required!
It became almost comical as everyone delayed leaning in as they waited for Hector to go sailing by first!

John 675
16-07-07, 01:50 PM
Tough luck for rossi though, but he just pushed it to hard on that corner, i thought he might get the bike started again but was dissapointed when he didnt :(
superb race tho havent seen one like that with so many offs in sometime:D

glsuk1970
17-07-07, 02:15 PM
Finally, managed to watch the race this morning after a hetic weekend and I've got to say Mr. Pedrosa you were incredible :notworthy:

Looking how close qualifying was I was expecting a tight race but DP just disappeared into the distance. Nicky Hayden rode a storming race too, hope he goes as well this weekend. Seems like every time a head cheese from Honda or HRC is there you guys do well.