PDA

View Full Version : Hopkins goes Kwak

The Basket
11-07-07, 02:04 PM
Hopkins is moving to Kwak next year.

Jelster
11-07-07, 03:02 PM
And rumours abound that this leaves a door open for a certain Mr Toseland to get into Moto GP, and it's a British run team too....

The Basket
13-07-07, 10:36 AM
Why leave Suzuki now? When things were going well?
Must have seen a fair wad of cash from Kwak then.

sinbad
14-07-07, 07:43 PM
It does seem like odd timing - a cynic might say he's worried that there will be some real pressure to win next year from the Suzuki guys, and that could upset him since he's settled into the journeyman underdog profile quite nicely. Although, it does seem like Kawasaki are getting it together. I assume it's West out the door rather than Randy?

The Basket
14-07-07, 09:28 PM
Depends if Kwak can get who they want. Either Melandri or Capirex.

But West and de Puniet gone.

Pedrosa
14-07-07, 10:35 PM
There are bound to be some eye brow raising personnel changes by the time next season has arrived and one must also be very careful as the moto gp rumour mongers are worse than anything say related to football for example.

Oddly I think Loris's final decision could trigger all manner of activity. Acording to his manager in an interview today at trackside,he stated that Loris has 3 offers on the table. Those are namely Ducati,kawasaki and Suzuki.

It cannot be denied that the team witht the biggest need for Capirex's development input has to be Kawasaki as I really do not think their present riders can input anything like what Nakano did for them.

In addition the problems Loris has had in getting used to the latest Ducati actually make his choice of going IL4 (Kawasaki) a strong possibility in my mind.

His manager stated technical problems this season for the little guy,but also very importantly...motivation.

Suzuki strongly rumoured to have 3 bikes on track next year, a satelite bike going to the Spanish Aspar team who brought,( to name but 1 rider,) Alvaro bautista through. Negotiations apparently are well advanced.

mc_phers0n
15-07-07, 12:22 AM
so if hopkins is off to kawasaki and vermeulen is set to replace edwards in the yammy garage, has anyone voiced any rumours on who will be riding for suzuki??..

Alpinestarhero
15-07-07, 10:04 AM
so if hopkins is off to kawasaki and vermeulen is set to replace edwards in the yammy garage, has anyone voiced any rumours on who will be riding for suzuki??..

Biaggi!!!

Matt