weazelz
16-07-07, 04:47 PM
Snetterton on wed 1st August for £59
Silverstone GP on mon 6th August for £99
Cadwell Park on wed 14th August for £65

http://www.focusedevents.com/news_info.asp?ID=102

Jdubya
16-07-07, 06:23 PM
Yes, I saw these. I am very tempted by the snetterton day but alas, school holidays approach and childcare will be a problem I'm afraid.

Blue_SV650S
17-07-07, 12:34 PM
Snetterton on wed 1st August for £59
Silverstone GP on mon 6th August for £99
Cadwell Park on wed 14th August for £65

http://www.focusedevents.com/news_info.asp?ID=102

Ok so Brands on 30th July http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=93437 or S-Stone on 6th Weazelz, I am game for one or the other, which woudl you prefer ... S-Stone is £46 cheaper ;)

walkaboutandy
25-07-07, 10:44 AM
I'll be at sillystone on the 6th on my black curvy.

My first trackday so I'm a bit nervous but dead excited, riding on the GP circuit will be awesome!

I've just fitted new front pads and chain/sprockets, and I have been told its a good idea to tape up lights, mirrors, and speedo to keep focus on the track ahead. So I think I'm ready, although any other advice would be much appreciated.

Does anyone know if your allowed to ride with one of those little mpeg cameras taped to your bike?

Blue_SV650S
25-07-07, 12:15 PM
Humm, doesn't seem the offers are still available :cry:

As for tip, make sure you take on a lot of water over the day, else you will have a splitting headache come hometime!! :D

You can ride with a camera, but it is at their discretion and they normally get you to fill in a little form.

weazelz
25-07-07, 12:39 PM
Humm, doesn't seem the offers are still available :cry:
they take them off the website when they're sold out

walkaboutandy
25-07-07, 12:45 PM
Oh..unlucky! There were two places available when I checked before midday.:(

Cheers for the tip, though.

Jdubya
25-07-07, 01:39 PM
If you phone them up they will be able to tell you whether or not there are still places available. They usually pull it from the website when they have no spaces but more often than not they still have a place or two available if you call.

Patch
26-07-07, 06:15 PM
Was on Slipperystone with Focussed on Monday this week, was a waste of 159 quid. My first and last trip there

Silverstone is renouned for its slippery surface, in the wet it is worse but on a very wet Monday following a Classic Car racing weekend it was downright dangerous.

I did the sighting laps sat out the first session, the second session was stopped as I comleted my first lap because of a nasty off, I did the third session (dryish but slippery as hell) it was stopped after 6 laps, then the weather got worse and I went home

Every session was ended with a crash, group 3 was lapping at the speed that you'd expect group 1 and group one may as well have been riding in London.

As a circuit Silverstone is ruined by way too many chicanes that have been put in. Better places for track days, if it wasn't for the fact that it is "Silverstone" I think most people would give it a wide birth

Blue_SV650S
26-07-07, 06:20 PM
Was on Slipperystone with Focussed on Monday this week, was a waste of 159 quid. My first and last trip there

Silverstone is renouned for its slippery surface, in the wet it is worse but on a very wet Monday following a Classic Car racing weekend it was downright dangerous.

I did the sighting laps sat out the first session, the second session was stopped as I comleted my first lap because of a nasty off, I did the third session (dryish but slippery as hell) it was stopped after 6 laps, then the weather got worse and I went home

Every session was ended with a crash, group 3 was lapping at the speed that you'd expect group 1 and group one may as well have been riding in London.

As a circuit Silverstone is ruined by way too many chicanes that have been put in. Better places for track days, if it wasn't for the fact that it is "Silverstone" I think most people would give it a wide birth

:shock:

I think the GP circuit is awesome, which circuit did you do?? Silverstone GP is one of my favorite tracks now :)