PDA

View Full Version : Revolutions Rideout - Sunday 19th Aug

Pages : [1] 2

Skip
17-07-07, 08:44 PM
Right, its time I got myself into gear and tried to arrange something that resembles a ride out. I have zero experience at this so please bear with me!

I have chosen a route by using a map and the odd website - I have tried to keep it so that is kind of central-ish to us all - yes it might be a long way from some, but you cant please everyone everytime! ;)

The route takes in A and B roads around the North Cambridgeshire/Peterborough area - if you are from this area and want to make a suggestion for a good road that you know of that we could incorporate then feel free - likewise if you see a bit that looks total pants and you know is not a good place to be riding a motorcycle then dont feel afraid to mention it!

I propose the start and finish points to be the Red Lodge Cafe (http://www.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=cafe&near=Red+Lodge,+Bury+Saint+Edmunds,+England+IP28+8 LB&radius=0.0&cd=1&cid=52302444,483819,3658796526000071683&li=lmd&ie=UTF8&z=14&iwloc=A&om=1) just off the A11/A14. Meet at 9:45-10:00 for a 10:30 leave.

I will get there at about 9:20-9:30 and probably grab a cuppa.

- I have no idea if this is a good place or not as I plan to actually visit it and ride the route first before subjecting you all to it! If you know of a good cafe/biker stop/bike sales place where we would be better starting/finishing from then please let me know... :)

Click here for the route.... (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=52.498668,0.196381&spn=0.56599,1.2854&z=10&om=1&msid=102456361289571369590.0004357b190720a941fd8)

Date now confirmed as the Sunday 19th August :D

Sorry if the whole thing is errr-ing on the vague side - trying to sort something for an area you dont know at all is not easy...!

Skip

***Route Updated***

Lissa
17-07-07, 09:17 PM
4th/5th August is the Invasion Of The Valleys weekend which we are already promised to, and 28th Pete has to work a late shift:mad:

BigBaddad
18-07-07, 05:05 AM
Hi Skip, nice one. Just book a date and see who can come...you can't please everyone. My weekends are a bit busy in the coming months, but I might be able to squeeze it in.

Good luck and I hope it stays dry.

2mths
18-07-07, 06:30 AM
My availablity
Sunday 29th July - Ok (wedding the day before mind)
4th/5th Aug - Hmm dunno - I've not commited to invasion of the Valleys and if I do go it's likely to be for just the day on the main ride day.
11th/12th Aug - Ok
18th/19th Aug - Ok

Skip
18-07-07, 09:15 AM
I have a couple of weddings coming up so will have to work around those...
My availability...
29th July
August 4th
August 5th
August 18th
August 19th

I am thinking about the 19th - how does that suit everyone?

Lissa
18-07-07, 05:41 PM
I have a couple of weddings coming up so will have to work around those...

Skip................I'm shocked.................are you confessing to being a bigamist?
:D :D :D

New Leaf
18-07-07, 08:19 PM
19th would be great for me if u did it then.

The route looks good, but you may want to consider a slight detour to take in the a1123 from St Ives to Earith and then the wee roads up to Sutton. That is one of the most popular bike roads in the area - and probably more interesting than the a142 through chatteris.

Its your ride out though and i'll be there wherever we go.

Lissa
19-07-07, 06:05 AM
Skip, I agree with BBD, just pick a date that suits YOU and those who can make it, will. Trying to please everyone just isn't possible. If we can come, we will. If not, there will be plenty of other opportunities:D

Skip
19-07-07, 07:32 AM
Skip................I'm shocked.................are you confessing to being a bigamist?
:D :D :D
I couldnt possibly say! *yeah like I would be that lucky!* :lol:

Skip, I agree with BBD, just pick a date that suits YOU and those who can make it, will. Trying to please everyone just isn't possible. If we can come, we will. If not, there will be plenty of other opportunities:D

Ok then the 19th it is - that lets all my "stuff" get out of the way and I can make sure the route is a good one :D

Be there or be square! :p

Skip
19-07-07, 07:36 AM
19th would be great for me if u did it then.

The route looks good, but you may want to consider a slight detour to take in the a1123 from St Ives to Earith and then the wee roads up to Sutton. That is one of the most popular bike roads in the area - and probably more interesting than the a142 through chatteris.

Its your ride out though and i'll be there wherever we go.
Thanks New Leaf - I will have another look at the map over the weekend and adjust the route to suit... :)

LouLou
20-07-07, 08:08 PM
Well I'd love to join you but as I'm stuck on my ickle 125 at the mo will have to wait for another time :D

simple simon
22-07-07, 07:52 PM
Should be about for this one Skip.
I'll confirm nearer the date.

Si

Ward8124
25-07-07, 05:57 PM
Yo Skippy i might be up for this as well so will confirm closer to the time like Si. Should be a good laugh. And Lou if you dont mind being pillion im sure i or one of the other guys will be happy to pick you up and join the fun.

LouLou
25-07-07, 07:19 PM
Yo Skippy i might be up for this as well so will confirm closer to the time like Si. Should be a good laugh. And Lou if you dont mind being pillion im sure i or one of the other guys will be happy to pick you up and join the fun.

That would work for me, if you go and you don't mind that would be great! The only way I get to experience any sort of speed on a bike just now is if I'm on the back lol :D

avid_gooner
25-07-07, 11:57 PM
hey guys, i've been wanting to go on one of the ride outs for a while, but lil nervous cuz dont know anyone, but i've only been riding for a few months, is it for experienced riders? Also, am only 19, anyone else around same age as feel really small otherwise!!!

2mths
26-07-07, 07:14 AM
Things like this are for everyone. It's a public forum and a rides such as this are no more than a bunch of people who happen to turn up and ride the same roads at the same time. Ie you take part at your own risk and no-one else is responsible for anything that happens to you.

(Note: We ought to find a better expression of the above (lots have been written) and post it as sticky maybe?)

So the serious and possibly somewhat offputting bit over you'd be most welcome (I take it your on an SV?). But do take it easy and try to be as safe as you can for yourself and others. There will be all sorts of abilities along and you need to ride your own ride. The peeps at the front will wait for those behind.

As for ages, I'm 28 and I feel old when I see 18 year olds. Can't speak for the rest.

BigBaddad
26-07-07, 07:18 AM
Hi Skip,

I think that I should be good to go for the 19th, but I'll confirm it with you nearer the time.

Hey 2mts, 28 nice one, I think a little bit of wee came out when I read that!

Skip
26-07-07, 07:33 AM
I will be updating the route soon (when I get some time) and also I have a day booked off work on the 9th for my bikes 7500 mile service so will be using the courtesy bike to full effect to have a go at this route! :D

That would work for me, if you go and you don't mind that would be great! The only way I get to experience any sort of speed on a bike just now is if I'm on the back lol :D
I have no problem taking a pillion LouLou if you want - I have ridden plenty of miles with all different skill levels of pillion.... :) Also I am not that far from you so I guess that would make some sense!

petevtwin650
26-07-07, 07:45 AM
hey guys, i've been wanting to go on one of the ride outs for a while, but lil nervous cuz dont know anyone, but i've only been riding for a few months, is it for experienced riders? Also, am only 19, anyone else around same age as feel really small otherwise!!!

I'm sure you'd be most welcome. We all had to learn once. Biggest thing is to ride your own ride. Hopefully you'll benefit from watching other people and pick their brains at the stops.

As for the age thing:smt103

At least we all act like we're still in our teens.

Ward8124
26-07-07, 04:06 PM
Yeah no worries Skip might be closer for you but if you want to swap over enroute then i'm sure we can accomodate ya!!! Hope u got a small **** as the R6 seat isnt exactly a sofa lol!! Mind you Skips Kwak looked nice and comfy last i saw it so consider that carefully lol! :smt103

Jester666
27-07-07, 08:02 AM
Wotcha Skip.

Has being a marker on AE07 changed you? :D

I may well tag along on this ride as it's only 100 miles from my place.

Keep me informed of dates etc.

Skip
27-07-07, 08:25 AM
Wotcha Skip.

Has being a marker on AE07 changed you? :D

I may well tag along on this ride as it's only 100 miles from my place.

Keep me informed of dates etc.
Hehe - it certainly did wonders for my wet weather riding confidence - useful with the weather of late! :rolleyes:

Cool - be good to see you again Paul! :D Its a definite for the 19th August - even if I go on my own!

LouLou
27-07-07, 08:50 AM
I have no problem taking a pillion LouLou if you want - I have ridden plenty of miles with all different skill levels of pillion.... Also I am not that far from you so I guess that would make some sense!
Yeah no worries Skip might be closer for you but if you want to swap over enroute then i'm sure we can accomodate ya!!! Hope u got a small **** as the R6 seat isnt exactly a sofa lol!! Mind you Skips Kwak looked nice and comfy last i saw it so consider that carefully lol!
Thanks for the offers...I'm happy with either or swapping over at some point or whatever! :D I'm only little so as long as there's something to sit on (ooh err!!) and something to hold on to (ooh err again!) I'm fine ;)
I don't want to be a pain so whatever's best for you really!

Skip
27-07-07, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the offers...I'm happy with either or swapping over at some point or whatever! :D I'm only little so as long as there's something to sit on (ooh err!!) and something to hold on to (ooh err again!) I'm fine ;)
I don't want to be a pain so whatever's best for you really!
Well the Zed has nice big grab handles to hold onto although the thing you will be sitting on is a bit hard..........THE SEAT, THE SEAT!! O:) :lol:

No worries - however you want to do it :)

Jester666
27-07-07, 09:21 AM
19th Aug. Cool! I'm going to pop a post in Soho to see if any others want to come along if thats ok with you?

Skip
27-07-07, 09:27 AM
19th Aug. Cool! I'm going to pop a post in Soho to see if any others want to come along if thats ok with you?
No worries - it wont be anything mad as its looking likely I will have a pillion and I wont know the roads at all either...!

Jester666
27-07-07, 09:29 AM
Half the fun of a ride out is not knowing the roads!!

I'll pop a post in Soho now then.

EDIT: Post added!

K
27-07-07, 09:59 AM
I've stickied this and slapped the date in the title - see, I can do useful stuff occasionally. ;)

Back on my old meds, so with any luck I will be able to keep my balance doing anything more than just sitting on the floor and be able to tag along too.

Skip
27-07-07, 10:10 AM
Thanks K - I was going to ask - but you beat me to it!

LouLou
27-07-07, 10:12 AM
Well the Zed has nice big grab handles to hold onto although the thing you will be sitting on is a bit hard..........THE SEAT, THE SEAT!! O:) :lol:

No worries - however you want to do it :)

Tut tut :rolleyes:

ok :D we can sort something out nearer the time then!

Spiderman
28-07-07, 12:37 PM

No worries - it wont be anything mad as its looking likely I will have a pillion and I wont know the roads at all either...!

hey, hold on a mo. Am i reading something into this or what????

Paul suggests he'll let us smog chewers know about your rideout and thats when Skip says it wont be anything mad.

Are we Soho monsters really that bad that we make every ridout we are invited to a speed freaks event????

If so, i'm coming!!! :D

If only to prove just how slow and rubbish i actualy ride :lol:

Jester666
28-07-07, 08:45 PM
hey, hold on a mo. Am i reading something into this or what????

Paul suggests he'll let us smog chewers know about your rideout and thats when Skip says it wont be anything mad.

Are we Soho monsters really that bad that we make every ridout we are invited to a speed freaks event????

If so, i'm coming!!! :D

If only to prove just how slow and rubbish i actualy ride :lol:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't let the fen creatures know we're nutters, you'll scare 'em off!! :D

BigBaddad
30-07-07, 10:03 AM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't let the fen creatures know we're nutters, you'll scare 'em off!! :D

We won't be scared, we'll all be too amazed:smt101 at the shiney buttons you boys sew on to your leathers....gercha! Any chance you could bring me Pie & Mash. (2 pies, 3 mash and liquor) There used to be a good one at the top of East Lane market.

Don't worry if you feel a little light headed when come come out this way....that'll be the oxygen in the air:smt118 , will make your bikes faster too. Just watch out for draggons.

Lissa
06-08-07, 06:33 AM
What time will this be starting, Skip?:-D

Skip
06-08-07, 07:30 AM
Well I am going to reccy the route on Thursday to see how long its going to take but provisionally is 10:30am ok for everyone?

Cheers for the bump too Lissa - come on then you 'orrible lot - lets be 'avin you! :D

BigBaddad
06-08-07, 10:17 AM
Everything sounds good to me Skip.......what type of weather are you planning on using for this one?

I shall be going from King's Lynn to A11 via Thetford if anyone wants to meet up en-route drop me a line. Are you picking Lou Lou up Skip? If so I could meet you at Northwold.

Looking forward to this one.

Skip
06-08-07, 10:24 AM
Everything sounds good to me Skip.......what type of weather are you planning on using for this one?

I shall be going from King's Lynn to A11 via Thetford if anyone wants to meet up en-route drop me a line. Are you picking Lou Lou up Skip? If so I could meet you at Northwold.

Looking forward to this one.
Fingers crossed some light scattered cloud and a light south-southwesterly breeze - temperature about 17-18°C :D

Not sure yet as I have not confirmed it with her - guess I should pop over and see if she is ok to go pillion with me - will PM and sort something out - but yes I guess it makes sense to meet in Northwold :)

Lissa
06-08-07, 04:10 PM
10.30 would be fine for us. We may even be going up to visit Pete's daughter, son-in-law and grandson on the Saturday and staying overnight, so it's only a short blat from Fakenham to the meet point.

You know Karl and Clare I believe, Skip:D

Skip
06-08-07, 04:13 PM
You know Karl and Clare I believe, Skip:D
I know Karl yes - he is the looney on the Mille! :lol:

Ward8124
06-08-07, 07:00 PM
Yeehaw i can confirm i will up for this.....weather pending of course ha ha ha!!! Corsa pros aint the best in the wet!

Sid Squid
07-08-07, 03:52 PM
Unlucky.

I've decided to come and play too.

See you there.

Skip
07-08-07, 03:57 PM
This is looking to be getting quite a large rideout if all you London lot join in with us Anglicans! :eek:

Better make sure that the route is worth the trip!

If anyone would like to examine the route in my first post and let me know if its too short/long with the right/wrong type of roads please let me know! :D

cmit37
08-08-07, 08:17 PM
Looks good Skip. Luckily you'll have a pillion so it won't be to hard to keep up with you ;).
Otherwise LouLou will never ride pillion again :smt005
Hopefully I'll be able to add another Z to the mix.

2mths
08-08-07, 08:30 PM
I hope I've got my tyre sorted by then. Gonna be gutted if not.

Treacle
08-08-07, 08:55 PM
Humm! Im toying with the idea but its a bit of a trot for me.

Lissa
08-08-07, 09:02 PM
I hope I've got my tyre sorted by then. Gonna be gutted if not.

Andy................stop messing and get it sorted.................no excuses:D

Ward8124
09-08-07, 06:14 PM
ERrrrr whats the routes dudes and dudettes? Just need a peaky and know where and when to meet anyone from near Cambridge so we can go up together? Anyone near Barhill going?

Ward8124
09-08-07, 06:20 PM
Oooo just found the route...duhhhhh!!! It may be too late to suggest but we are missing out a really really great stretch of road by turning right along St Ives.....if you head towards Sawtry and through abbots ripton theres some stonking twisties and its only going to add another 20 mins on the ride but well worth it i promise! Just ask simple Si as hes been b4. I'm quite happy to take the lead there and get back on to the planned route?

cmit37
09-08-07, 06:27 PM
we are missing out a really really great stretch of road by turning right along St Ives.....if you head towards Sawtry
I vote for that. There are some nice country roads around Sawtry.

Ward8124
09-08-07, 06:42 PM
Herea the extension added. Trust me this is a good route.
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&msa=0&msid=108097081384788343897.000437485cf33d1c8e9f7&ll=52.435083,-0.105057&spn=0.263731,0.6427&z=11
(http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=52.435083,-0.105057&spn=0.263731,0.6427&z=11&om=1&msid=108097081384788343897.000437485cf33d1c8e9f7)

Lissa
09-08-07, 07:05 PM
Would I be right in thinking that's the B660?

Otherwise known as The Road Of Bones!:D

Skip
09-08-07, 07:23 PM
Well I rode the route today (on an ER6f of all things!) - it involves a lot of fairly bumpy B road riding - so if thats not your thing you need to look elsewhere! The original route I planned is just over 100 miles and it took me 2.5 hours - and that was on my own at my own pace (a swift one!) I would estimate it is going to take us at least 3 hours and with Wards extension probably closer to 3.5. Is this ok with everyone? I have no objection but realise that if people have travelled a long way it could be too much?

Also, with a rideout of that length we need a halfway stop really - there were a few pubs along the route but nothing that really caught my eye - can you recommend a stop of some sort Ward?

I will now edit the route with Wards addition - I reckon its going to add a good 20-ish miles to the rideout but it sounds like it will be worth it :D

Also we need a roll call of who is coming as I have no idea! So please add yourself to the list below so I can have some idea of what to expect!

1. Skip

Lissa
09-08-07, 07:28 PM
Well I rode the route today (on an ER6f of all things!) - it involves a lot of fairly bumpy B road riding - so if thats not your thing you need to look elsewhere! The original route I planned is just over 100 miles and it took me 2.5 hours - and that was on my own at my own pace (a swift one!) I would estimate it is going to take us at least 3 hours and with Wards extension probably closer to 4.5! Is this ok with everyone? I have no objection but realise that if people have travelled a long way it could be too much?

Also, with a rideout of that length we need a halfway stop really - there were a few pubs along the route but nothing that really caught my eye - can you recommend a stop of some sort Ward?

I will now edit the route with Wards addition - I reckon its going to add a good 30-ish miles to the rideout but it sounds like it will be worth it :D

Also we need a roll call of who is coming as I have no idea! So please add yourself to the list below so I can have some idea of what to expect!

1. Skip
2. Me and Pete

cmit37
09-08-07, 07:35 PM
I have been to the Brampton Mill a couple of times about 6-7 years ago and thought that it was gorgeous. It used to be an old mill with a stream running under the building. You could see the water through some of the glass tables. It is also away from the main road. I don't know what it is like now.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=PE28+4NE&ie=UTF8&cd=1&z=16&om=1
http://www.tuesdaynightclub.co.uk/T01_Imag/fens01/01.21.7/Dscn3156.jpg

http://www.choiceforum.co.uk/np_pics/aug06/032.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philipg/saintives/brampton.jpg

I am also coming. Is the Red Lodge Cafe easy to find?

BigBaddad
10-08-07, 06:35 AM
I'll be there and I'll just go with the flow.....it's your ride out Skip (passing the buck:rolleyes: ). Just nice to have someone to put these things together for other to enjoy.

There's a certain football game that kicks off at 4pm that day, but I should be back in the pub for kick off no matter which route we take. If we are running a liitle late I might peel off at Littleport and head back home on the A10, I assume we shall be riding clockwise?.....ooops we're running the other way round I see.

Cheers.

Skip
10-08-07, 07:31 AM
I am also coming. Is the Red Lodge Cafe easy to find?

Yup - if you take the sign for Red Lodge off the A11/A14 and head towards Red Lodge itself you cant miss it - there is a huge dusty car park on the opposite side of the road where I will be parked.

I intend to get there at about 9:30 - if everyone can make sure they are there by 10:00am ready to leave at 10:30.

The list has gone astray already so I will start again!

1. Skip
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD

petevtwin650
10-08-07, 08:08 AM
[quote=BigBaddad;1258074]I'll be there and I'll just go with the flow.....it's your ride out Skip (passing the buck:rolleyes: ). Just nice to have someone to put these things together for other to enjoy.
quote]

:stupid:

I agree. Stick with the run as originally planned or go for the extra bit. Your choice, we'll follow.

Skip
10-08-07, 08:11 AM
Alright then I will go with the extra bit as you cant beat a bit of local knowledge! :D

Dont lose the whos coming list again though please!!

1. Skip
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD

petevtwin650
10-08-07, 08:31 AM
Dont lose the whos coming list again though please!!

1. Skip
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD

Shouldn't that be Skip and Lou Lou?:o

BigBaddad
10-08-07, 09:33 AM
Shouldn't that be Skip and Lou Lou?:o

Lou Lou Skip to my Lou:rolleyes:

Skip
10-08-07, 09:53 AM
Now now you lot - dont make me set the moderator on you! [-X:p

1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD

Ward8124
10-08-07, 10:47 AM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
5. Ward8124 aka Don:thumbsup:

I'm trying to think of a decent pub round there so I will see if i can come up with something!

K
10-08-07, 02:02 PM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
6. K (If it's not raining, I can sort out my sticky wheel, don't have extra work to do and can stand upright!) ;)

Lissa
10-08-07, 04:51 PM
Lou Lou Skip to my Lou:rolleyes:

PMSL:smt003

Sid Squid
10-08-07, 04:58 PM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
6. K (If it's not raining, I can sort out my sticky wheel, don't have extra work to do and can stand upright!) ;)
7. Sid Squid.

minifun
10-08-07, 07:12 PM
Yep those roads near abbotts ripton and sawtry are fab - I'll try and make this if I'm not out laning!

Em

davy
11-08-07, 07:54 AM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
7. Sid Squid.
8. Davy, if I can sort out my misfire.....

davy
11-08-07, 07:55 AM
Sorry, shud have cut and pasted that list.....

2mths
11-08-07, 05:38 PM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
6. K (If it's not raining, I can sort out my sticky wheel, don't have extra work to do and can stand upright!) :wink:
7. Sid Squid.
8. Davy, if he can sort out his misfire.....

9. 2mths - cos I have rubber to burn again!!! (Thanks Pete & Lissa!)

New Leaf
12-08-07, 08:23 AM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
6. K (If it's not raining, I can sort out my sticky wheel, don't have extra work to do and can stand upright!) :wink:
7. Sid Squid.
10. New Leaf. :smt035

K
12-08-07, 08:51 AM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
6. Sid Squid. (I wanted to be number 7 ;))
7. K (If it's not raining, I can sort out my sticky wheel, don't have extra work to do and can stand upright!) :wink:

davy
12-08-07, 09:49 PM
Misfire sorted out today, so all things being equal, I will be attending. Forecast looks good at the moment for sunday.

LouLou
14-08-07, 11:26 AM
Hiya, don't know if I'll be able to make this now as I've hurt my back...did it yesterday morning with my rucky as I was in such a hurry to get to work :(

Ward8124
14-08-07, 12:16 PM
Dont be wimping out young lady [-X:smt077

petevtwin650
14-08-07, 03:27 PM
Hiya, don't know if I'll be able to make this now as I've hurt my back...did it yesterday morning with my rucky as I was in such a hurry to get to work :(

You gotta come. It'll be good therapy for your back. :smt045

Skip
14-08-07, 03:30 PM
I have ridden the route and with all those bumps its not one for the weak of back!

2mths
14-08-07, 03:37 PM
Interesting comments about the back.

I've been suffering for about the last month (I helped a mate move house, didn't notice I'd buggered it till too late).

I find riding the bike is no problem, but driving the cage can be really uncomfortable.

Difference in posture though between rider and pillion.

Skip - your comments about the bumps - this going to be a bit of a technical run? Not a problem just be good to know.

Skip
14-08-07, 03:56 PM
Skip - your comments about the bumps - this going to be a bit of a technical run? Not a problem just be good to know.
Have a look at the route in the first post - as I was organising it I chose roads that I personally would like to ride on - its your choice to come or not :)

Its not technical in an "OMFG" way but it does have some tight bends and good twisties in it - most of them can be seen on the route outline :D

2mths
15-08-07, 07:28 AM
I'm not too worried about bends and stuff by themselves. I intend to come whatever the route.

You suggested that it was bumpy. Now in my book bumpy roads and corners are a tricky combination.

I just thought it might be worth knowing (for me and possibly others) if that is the case so I can be extra vigilent. (Much as I would like to ride at the height of my observational powers all the time - I don't)

I'm just thinking of some bends on roads I know where it throws you offline and if you don't know then you're probably in for a bit of a brown pants moment.

Sid Squid
15-08-07, 07:43 AM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. Sid Squid. (I'm number 2 and that's all there is to it!) [-(
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
6. Pete and Lissa
7. K (If it's not raining, I can sort out my sticky wheel, don't have extra work to do and can stand upright!) :wink:

cmit37
15-08-07, 07:46 AM
It looks like the in-laws have managed to get cheap Ryanair tickets from Denmark and have decided to come stay for a week from this Saturday. I am not sure I can get away but I'll try. :smt022

2mths
15-08-07, 07:46 AM
1. Skip and LouLou
2. K - still (a) number 2 ;-)
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
6. Pete and Lissa
7. Sid Squid - Who probably has no idea of the effort I'm going to to defend his number
9. New Leaf. :smt035
13. 2mths - fearless guerilla 'Mod War' veteran

K
15-08-07, 07:48 AM
Well Mr Squid - if you insist. :twisted:

Skip
15-08-07, 07:57 AM
Thats just dirty K - but I like it! :twisted:

2mths
15-08-07, 08:01 AM
Two can play that game.

True - but I play with a bigger stick, so behave. ;)

But with great power comes great responsibilty. Besides, if you lift that stick off the ground to hit me with you might fall over.

LouLou
15-08-07, 08:07 AM
Well it sounds like I'll be missing out if I don't come and I hate missing anything but my back is still a bit sore...might be ok by the weekend tho! Must admit that driving is the real killer...have to have my seat really upright just now which feels odd!! :D

Skip
15-08-07, 08:13 AM
I have a really busy week of evenings this week LouLou but will try and pop over to see you to see if you can handle being on the Zed - the seat is pretty hard but it has two large grab handles - guess you wont know until you try...

You about Thursday evening? I could come to Northwold if needed?

LouLou
15-08-07, 08:17 AM
I have a really busy week of evenings this week LouLou but will try and pop over to see you to see if you can handle being on the Zed - the seat is pretty hard but it has two large grab handles - guess you wont know until you try...

You about Thursday evening? I could come to Northwold if needed?

I'm about Thursday night if you want to meet up...haven't got any plans. Would you mind coming over to mine?

Skip
15-08-07, 08:24 AM
PM on its way...

Oh and behave you lot! :p

1. Skip and LouLou
2. Sid Squid
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
5. Ward8124 aka Don
6. Pete and Lissa
7. K
8. Davy
9. New Leaf
10. 2mths

2mths
15-08-07, 08:30 AM
She *points finger @ K* started it

K
15-08-07, 08:46 AM
Started what? *tries in vain to look innocent* :oops:

Skip
15-08-07, 09:18 AM
I hope that after all this effort K that you are going to grace us with your presence? ;)

Sid Squid
15-08-07, 12:51 PM
Foul play is afoot!

My number has been stolen in a dastardly abuse of moddish powers*

Anyhoo, the real list with the proper numbers:

1. Skip and LouLou
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Cmit37
4. BBD
7. Sid Squid.
9. New Leaf. :smt035
10. 2mths - cos I have rubber to burn again!!! (Thanks Pete & Lissa!)

* Believe me - I know about this. ;)

2mths
15-08-07, 01:15 PM
Ya got my number wrong - and after all the effort I went to. :-(

K
15-08-07, 03:19 PM
:twisted:

Lissa
15-08-07, 05:07 PM
1. Pete and Lissa
2. Pete and Lissa
3. Pete and Lissa
4. Pete and Lissa
5. Pete and Lissa
7. Pete and Lissa
6. Pete and Lissa
8. Pete and Lissa
9. Pete and Lissa
10. Pete and Lissa

:smt116

Sid Squid
15-08-07, 05:17 PM
Ya got my number wrong - and after all the effort I went to. :-(

B****r! Sorry.

K
15-08-07, 07:10 PM
S'OK, I think I've got it now:
1. Skip and LouLou
+1. Pete and Lissa
+1. Cmit37
+1. BBD
+1. Ward8124 aka Don:thumbsup:
+1. K
+1. Sid Squid.
+1. Davy
+1. New Leaf. :smt035
+1. 2mths

:D

Spiderman
15-08-07, 07:11 PM
This is the funniest thread :lol:

I'm hoping to come but wont really know till last minute.

But with great power comes great responsibilty.

Erm, where did you hear that then?? :scratch:

K
15-08-07, 07:17 PM
I hope that after all this effort K that you are going to grace us with your presence? ;)

:oops: Will be looking at my sticky wheel tomorrow (now it's taken me three days and as many runs to the tip to clear the garage!) - after that it's just a case of the weather potentially saving you from me. ;)
Touch wood standing up has been OK this past week.

I said 'wood' - tee hee hee!