PDA

View Full Version : Croft -20th Aug (booked)

Tim in Belgium
20-07-07, 02:41 PM
Just booked on to 20th Aug at Croft, in the Novice group as never been there before:

http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/UKdates.htm

I think a few of the other Pennine Massive may be attending.

Hope to see some of you there.

Dan
20-07-07, 03:01 PM
Well I'm coming bike or not, just to take photos and watch!

But... if there's still space I WILL be booking on 1st August.

Tim in Belgium
09-08-07, 02:23 PM
This is completely sold out now, did anyone else manage to get booked on?

If not could be worth ringing the day before.

I know there is an extra track day on at croft in aid of spinal research/care next Tuesday at Croft that may have some spaces left.

Dan
09-08-07, 08:10 PM
This is completely sold out now, did anyone else manage to get booked on?

If not could be worth ringing the day before.

I know there is an extra track day on at croft in aid of spinal research/care next Tuesday at Croft that may have some spaces left.

I was all ready to book when I blew the fork seals on my bike... so it's been in pieces all week as I tried to replace them... then I needed a special tool, so I ordered it, and it arrived today, got the damn forks back together at last and the blinkin day's sold out. And I need a new front tyre. dammit.

Never mind, I'll be coming down to take some piccys!

Tim in Belgium
09-08-07, 08:40 PM
You never know a phone call the day before, or asking on the day and you might get in...

Dan
09-08-07, 08:44 PM
You never know a phone call the day before, or asking on the day and you might get in...

I'll certainly give them a try... I'd love to get back out there.

Tim in Belgium
19-08-07, 09:56 AM
WRC, are you still planning on popping down to Croft tomorrow? Or are you shattered from fixing Richie's bike for him ;)

If so I'll bring my camcorder in the hope that you'll be able to take a few shots. If not I won't bother.

Have you tried them for spare places yet?

Hopefully catch up with you tomorrow, the weather is forecast to be just about dry.

Dan
19-08-07, 09:13 PM
WRC, are you still planning on popping down to Croft tomorrow? Or are you shattered from fixing Richie's bike for him ;)

If so I'll bring my camcorder in the hope that you'll be able to take a few shots. If not I won't bother.

Have you tried them for spare places yet?

Hopefully catch up with you tomorrow, the weather is forecast to be just about dry.

Hi Tim,

I'm probably going to try and pop down mid morning toward lunchtime once I've got a bit of work out the way - Got a job interview on Friday and I've got a presentation I've only just found about about to prepare... so I'm going to start that tomorrow morning.

Haven't tried to book a place, suddenly realised the cage needs its cambelt doing so I've had to save the money for that :smt013

Tim in Belgium
19-08-07, 09:35 PM
I'll chuck the camcorder in just in case then.

Dan
19-08-07, 09:40 PM
I'll chuck the camcorder in justin case then.

See you there then tomorrow :cool:

Dan
20-08-07, 06:01 PM
Well we (myself and MrsWRC63) had a good afternoon watching Tim and the other lucky so-and-sos on the track today... Weather stayed dry, although a little chilly, and we got some half-decent photos, which I shall try and upload within the next 24 hours or so.

Hopefully got some reasonable video as well with Tim's camcorder, although not necessarily much!

Was good to see you again Tim, enjoy your takeaway :rolleyes:

Tim in Belgium
20-08-07, 06:12 PM
Yep,

Had another fun trackday, met a nice guy called Ian on a very tidy Honda RVF400 in the morning, then had Mr & soon to be Mrs WRC63 to keep me company at lunch, watching people drop in by helicopter ('tis posh this far north), take photos & video, make me tea, put my rubbish in the bin before it blew away and generally help me out (thanks again, nice to see a friendly face or two).

Had a good day, soon got in the groove, the circuit is very nice and flowing, the section after tower bend all the way to the hairpin was great. Again the SV held it's head up high, keeping up with a fair few of the bigger bikes, the only real issue being the lack of power on the start/finish straight. Only had one session red flagged about 2/3 rds of the way through. Again the novice group was a real mixed bag. There were a lot of road bikes out there (a good 15 ridden to the circuit which was nice) but also some dedicated track bikes, but in general it all went pretty well and most of the moves were courteous/safe. Both knee sliders were rescuffed too, which was nice.

Rode the twenty minutes home safely, with a light drizzle just starting as I pulled into the garage.

Top Day.

Some video taken by the WRCs may follow shortly, or in a day or two depending when I crash out!

Tim in Belgium
20-08-07, 08:59 PM
I've celebrated with tea and golden syrup cake, the video is here thanks to WRC63 for filming:

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1266796#post1266796