PDA

View Full Version : My broken Daytona Ladystar GTX

Shellywoozle
24-07-07, 02:38 PM
Got a pair of expensive Daytona Ladystars and only had them 9/10 months and the main zip has come away from the velco, thus I cant zip one up :(

I got them as a pressy and have no receipt, don't know where they came from and have thrown the box away. The person who bought them for me can't remember which website they came off.

Any suggestions apart from go and buy some more.

Has anyone else had any problems with these boots with zips and stuff?

Shell

Stu
24-07-07, 02:50 PM
http://www.daytona.de/english/contact_e/contact.html

Shellywoozle
24-07-07, 03:44 PM
Cheers Stu :smt023 have emailed them am now awaiting their reply with fingers crossed.

Shellywoozle
30-07-07, 10:01 AM
Daytona SHUT for all of August and then it takes 4 weeks turn around to get them sent to Daytona and mended.

Looks like I am not riding for the rest of this summer (what summer we have left).

Ah well someone needs to offer me an altervative hobby while I await for my boots . . . suggestions please?

SoulKiss
30-07-07, 11:44 AM
Alternative hobby has got to cost more than the cost of a second pair of boots.

I have at least 2 sets of riding gear - some of it decidedly budget, but good.

My thoughts are that there are many things that can happen that dont put me or the bike out of commission, such as dropping a lid etc.

So, go splash out on a spare pair of boots, if the ones you have are summer boots, buy some winter ones, if the Ladystars are not so waterproof, get some for those soggy days :)

Stu
30-07-07, 11:50 AM
Is the velcro not enough by itself to close the boot?

Oh, what size are you?

Shellywoozle
30-07-07, 11:56 AM
Thanks Soulkiss I see where you are coming from but Ladystar boots make me over 2" taller, they are sepcial boots for small riders and hence cost ALOT of money, I can't afford to have a 2nd pair and without them I am on tippy toes. My other option is to adopt the bike but now I have invested in the boots (actually boyfriend has) I feel that after spending so much dosh they should last more than 8 months specially when I hardly use them.

Stu, the velco won't hold the boot by itself, these boots have velco bits and zips all around, back (for calf adjustments) and the tension pulls it open as it is the main zip that has bust. I did think of an elastic band (industrial strength) but then I thought that probably wouldnt work LOL

Bloody hell, women and shoes hey

Kate
30-07-07, 12:15 PM
That is bad luck! I've got a pair of these boots and haven't had a problem with them at all and I've had them years. If you have only had them for a short time you should be able to get them fixed under warrenty. What about borrowing some boots whilst waiting for yours to come back? You should be able to drop the forks and preload a little which will help until you get your boots back.

I'm the same as you, if I bought a spare pair of boots it would have to be another pair of the same so it seems pointless.

Shellywoozle
30-07-07, 12:22 PM
Kate,

Do you know what warranty are on them? Are they lifetime or just a year? Boyfriend has them at the min but he says that it looks like when they sticked the zip in they have missed the leather amd stitched to the velco hence it ripping.

I will look into doing something, sure we will get it sorted somehow.

Booner has suggested I take a brick out with me to help me climb on and off Zuky, people are going to think I am a midget after this post LOL

hovis
30-07-07, 12:50 PM
i got a new zip fitted to my sidi's in a cobberlers £10

SoulKiss
30-07-07, 01:15 PM
Kate,

Do you know what warranty are on them? Are they lifetime or just a year? Boyfriend has them at the min but he says that it looks like when they sticked the zip in they have missed the leather amd stitched to the velco hence it ripping.

I will look into doing something, sure we will get it sorted somehow.

Booner has suggested I take a brick out with me to help me climb on and off Zuky, people are going to think I am a midget after this post LOL

Not the longest in the leg dept personally, so when panniers/tailpack are on then its a bit tricky to get on.

I use the bit that comes off the sidestand or the foot peg to help me clamber on.

Bit I know what the fear of not getting your feet flat can be like so may have cured getting on and off the bike, but not riding it/coming to a halt

Kate
30-07-07, 01:39 PM
Lol, at 5'2" tall with an inside leg measurement of 26" I doubt I'll find a 600+ where I can get my feet down flat, only bike I have managed that on is my little 2-stroke 250!

I'm afraid I don't know about the warrenty, you could try ringing up any Daytona dealer and asking, Daytona are known for having a very good build quality so they may well be very helpful.

On the other hand, for a quickie solution, a cobblers might be able to help as Hovis suggested.

SoulKiss
30-07-07, 02:36 PM

Once again, Hovis talks cobblers.....................

jambo
31-07-07, 10:21 AM
Gets you out of a hole, plenty of cobblers are more than able to deal with stuff like this. It may invalidate the warrenty, but it sounds like that's not going to be a lot of help to you anyway...

Shellywoozle
01-08-07, 10:10 AM
Finally Hovis talks sense, thanks hun.

I did think of cobblers and thought of the warranty but with Daytona being shut for a month that is the best way to go.

All I can say is I want to work for Daytona.!!!!

hovis
01-08-07, 12:23 PM
woo-hoo

Shellywoozle
01-08-07, 03:41 PM
I have just been told off from my boyfriend - I officially say sorry to Chris #-o

Chris suggested I take my boots to the cobblers last week and I said no cause I wanted them fixing proper due to the amount we paid (principle).

When Hovis suggested it he told me off for his idea not being good enough.

So Hovis YOU'VE HAD ME TOLD OFF - bad Hovis :shaking: (only kidding mate)