PDA

View Full Version : Snetterton with Hottrax 25th August

Balky001
25-07-07, 08:20 PM
Hi

I'm doing the most boring track in Europe on 25th August, but hey, its a trackday and my mate wants to try his new GSXR1000 on the straight bits. Bit of a come down from 2 days solid on the Ring but needs must. Anyone else going?

weazelz
25-07-07, 08:57 PM
Hi

I'm doing the most boring track in Europe on 25th August, but hey, its a trackday and my mate wants to try his new GSXR1000 on the straight bits. Bit of a come down from 2 days solid on the Ring but needs must. Anyone else going?

I might do, but I'll book a bit closer to the time. I had quite a fun 1/2 day (because it was a 1/2-day trackday, not because I crashed 1/2 way through) there over the easter weekend in glorious weather

Blue_SV650S
26-07-07, 10:19 AM
Hi

I'm doing the most boring track in Europe ...

No that is Mallory!! ;)

Snett makes more sense* on a 100hp+ bike though!! ;)

*The starights must seem an eternity on an SV as it must stop pulling about 1/2 way down as it is maxed out!! :D

That said, any track is good for a first day … To prove the point, Snetterton was my first ever trackday and I did it on an aircooled RD250 8) So if anyone is a noob, don't let the fact that it has 2 big straights or that you are only on an SV650 put you off!! :)

To be more precise here is me down at the esses (chicane at the end of the backstraight):-

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/blue_sv650s/RD250TrackDay.jpg

weazelz
26-07-07, 11:58 AM
No that is Mallory!! ;)

Snett makes more sense* on a 100hp+ bike though!! ;)

*The starights must seem an eternity on an SV as it must stop pulling about 1/2 way down as it is maxed out!! :D

I don't know what you've got against Mallory. I thought that it was literally years since you'd been & that it's changed a lot since you were last there - Edwina's, the bus-stop, etc. being added (yes, I know they're chicanes which aren't renowned for improving a track)

100bhp+ would be nice at Snett, but it's still fun to have the guy on the ss600 go past you on the straight & then go back past them on the brakes into the corner

Paul is on a gixxer6 iirc, so he should have some fun :-)

Blue_SV650S
26-07-07, 12:35 PM
I don't know what you've got against Mallory. I thought that it was literally years since you'd been & that it's changed a lot since you were last there - Edwina's, the bus-stop, etc. being added (yes, I know they're chicanes which aren't renowned for improving a track)

5 years to be precise :D

Edwinas at the esses wasn't there, but the Bus-Stop was ;) So you basically have edwinas now ... but apart from that it's the same ...

Oh and although not ridden it for over 5 years, I have been to watch BSB since Edwinas was put in and it doesn't look like an 'enhancement' ... it looks painful/clumsy, not fun, a bit like the chicanes at oulton, Cadders and Silverstone they put in for 'safety'!!!! :mad:

Balky001
26-07-07, 05:54 PM
I might do, but I'll book a bit closer to the time. I had quite a fun 1/2 day (because it was a 1/2-day trackday, not because I crashed 1/2 way through) there over the easter weekend in glorious weather

I'm relieved to hear it wasn't because you crashed, that could be painful at Snetterton speeds!

Let me know if you decide to go so you can show me how to enter the esses after Revett straight, possibly my worst corner for losing too much speed.