PDA

View Full Version : AR08 Activity Ideas...

Pages : [1] 2

Bear
26-07-07, 07:28 AM
So, basically, a few ideas for what we can do on the campsite to bring us all closer as a family... I'm thinking cheap ass scooters, some kind of dirt track, and regional races.

I'm also thinking cheap ass scooter with a topbox full of prizes, 4 baseball bats and a game of "Pizza boy Pinyata"

What's the thoughts?

BTW: I'm volunteering for first Pizza Boy to kick things off...

You will be disqualified and eaten if you hit the rider rather than the top box...

Grinch
26-07-07, 08:56 AM
Chase the Grinch... ;-)

Jester666
26-07-07, 09:41 AM
Chase the Grinch... ;-)

Only if you colour your chest hair Blue!! ;)

Jester666
26-07-07, 09:46 AM
You will be disqualified and eaten if you hit the rider rather than the top box...

You mean like this? http://www.addictinggames.com/dangerousdavebrutalbob.html

Grinch
26-07-07, 10:05 AM
Only if you colour your chest hair Blue!! ;)

Well I'm going to have to do something better, so it might be on the cards.

Law
26-07-07, 10:32 AM
Is it possible to get a dirt track?

How about motorcycle football?

Grinch
26-07-07, 10:36 AM
Why don't we keep it simple... and just do 5 a-side, maybe regional teams if there is enough people.

Viney
26-07-07, 11:30 AM
Not football. How boring. i like bears idea. Cant we just get a real Pizza boy?

Ok serious suggestions. How about a bike treasure hunt instead of a ride out?

timwilky
26-07-07, 11:51 AM
game we used to play.

Borrow a couple of scooters. teams equipped with sledge hammers, axes etc.

Winning team is the one after 5 minutes with the smallest biggest bit of a scooter. Prize even more beer.

Or for those of you into doing you've been framed vid's. A quick trip into town. find the scooters and hacksaw 3/4 through the down tube that holds front to back. Let scooter boy set off and vids running till he enters first pot hole. Yup you've just been framed.

Petrol bombing the things is always a drive by activity.

Oh was I really that nasty in the 70s. Yup, still looking for my revenge after 4 parka wearing masterbaiters realigned my jaw.

However, How about a good old game of murder ball. We could use a pizza boys head instead of ball if one is available. Two teams, objective to place ball in opponents net/mat etc. usual rules apply. No eye guaging and if you break an opponents arm/leg/ribs. You got to make sure they/bike get home safely.

sarah
26-07-07, 11:53 AM
How about a bike treasure hunt instead of a ride out?

sounds fun

Grinch
26-07-07, 11:59 AM

Will that include clues (riddles) and a map?

Law
26-07-07, 12:26 PM

I wasn't talking about real football. That's way too serious and competitive. More like car football that Top Gear did with cars and a large inflatable, but with scooters instead.

Does it have to be something with motorcycles?

A game of British Bulldog kitted up?

Moffatt666
26-07-07, 12:49 PM
I like the sound of 'ScooterBall.' And British Bulldog in leathers? could be fun :D

sarah
26-07-07, 12:52 PM
I wasn't talking about real football. That's way too serious and competitive. More like car football that Top Gear did with cars and a large inflatable, but with scooters instead.

Does it have to be something with motorcycles?

A game of British Bulldog kitted up?

I like the sound of 'ScooterBall.' And British Bulldog in leathers? could be fun :D

british bulldogs is fun as is sack football (cross between 5-a-side footie and sack race)

Dan
26-07-07, 12:59 PM
How about a bike treasure hunt instead of a ride out?

Now that's a bloody good idea. :thumbsup:

stewie
26-07-07, 01:11 PM

I did one of these recently, thought it would be boring but was a right laugh in the end

hovis
26-07-07, 02:43 PM
doctors & nurses?

Dan
26-07-07, 02:48 PM
Blind (Hovis + Grinch) Date?

Viney
26-07-07, 03:02 PM
Will that include clues (riddles) and a map?Yup.

We could have teams, beit regional or whatever. Have clues, certain things to find, a route of such that most people would have to ride round finding the things that clues hint to. PEople with the local knowledge would be markers etc. Maybe a prize for the winning team

Would involve maps (No satnav)

I think it would be good. However i think that im setting myself up for some organising here. Not a problem, but would need it to be a definite.

Stingo
27-07-07, 08:46 PM
And then in the evening we can do the 'Thriller' dance as interpreted by the .org - lubrication compulsory prior to attempting this feat. Who's bringing the ghetto blaster?

stewie
27-07-07, 11:13 PM
tbh Im surprised that no one has suggested putting a band together for one night only, there seems to be plenty of guitarists out there, can you imagine it
hello bruton *sound of crowd roaring * are you ready to rock ? etc...

sorry I kind of jumped the gun saying Bruton, so until we decide its 'hello ********* are you ready to rock etc..

Tara
28-07-07, 07:51 AM
tbh Im surprised that no one has suggested putting a band together for one night only, there seems to be plenty of guitarists out there, can you imagine it
hello bruton *sound of crowd roaring * are you ready to rock ? etc...

I'd be up for that i used to sing a bit before I moved down that is if you were looking for singers

Lissa
28-07-07, 08:39 AM
How about a scavenger hunt? They are hilarious, and doing one on bikes would be a real challenge.

Each 'team' would be given a list of items to scavenge, and have a set amount of time to collect as many as possible. Each item would be worth a certain amount of points, depending on rarity and difficulty, and the team with the most points could win a prize.:D

on yer bike
28-07-07, 12:43 PM
How about a scavenger hunt? They are hilarious, and doing one on bikes would be a real challenge.

Each 'team' would be given a list of items to scavenge, and have a set amount of time to collect as many as possible. Each item would be worth a certain amount of points, depending on rarity and difficulty, and the team with the most points could win a prize.:D

Now that idea I like

sarah
28-07-07, 03:06 PM

that's a great idea

Dan
28-07-07, 05:31 PM

Even better than the treasure hunt idea. Bags I'm on a team with Richie... whatever's on the list he'll have it in the boot of his car :rolleyes:

Kinvig
28-07-07, 06:18 PM
monkey bikes & a junior kick start competition!

dizzyblonde
30-07-07, 03:34 PM

scavenger hunt....does that mean roadkill :scratch: ;) i'd be good at that one!!!

plowsie
30-07-07, 03:39 PM
How about go into the local town and play find a chav on a scootay n drive at 25mph in front of them but box em in :D

EDIT: TBH at the AR/AE i really wanted to make an oval track on the site, the wet grass woulda bin fun, i think the scooter racing or football is good.

yorkie_chris
30-07-07, 10:27 PM
i think the scooter racing or football is good.

Its going to hurt kicking a scooter around :p

diamond
31-07-07, 07:35 AM
Do you not think were all a bit competitive for a treasure hunt, especially if there's prizes. Most people won't know the roads wherever we end up going and to have 60 bikers chasing round roads they don't know trying to be first to each clue might turn in to a nightmare. Good idea for a regional rideout though, where people are familiar with the roads.

plowsie
01-08-07, 09:29 AM
5-a side footie could be a good idea if we split up into regions, if there are spares from regions then there would be A,B and maybe even C teams. Or even cricket could be an idea, regional cricket orrrrrrr joint regional cricket.

stewie
01-08-07, 09:33 AM
Ive just realised what we should do 'its a knock out' seventies stylee, eddie waring might be a problem but I ll bet stuart hall would be up for it :D

Dan
01-08-07, 09:48 AM
5-a side footie could be a good idea if we split up into regions, if there are spares from regions then there would be A,B and maybe even C teams. Or even cricket could be an idea, regional cricket orrrrrrr joint regional cricket.

Please god not football. Rounders is fairly inclusive and non-divisive though.

plowsie
01-08-07, 09:51 AM
Please god not football. Rounders is fairly inclusive and non-divisive though.
I thought that, rounders on scooters :lol: roll up to bat on a scooter, could all end in tears if the grass is wet though lol.

yorkie_chris
01-08-07, 04:46 PM
Wet grass eh? Scooter speedway :D

plowsie
01-08-07, 08:10 PM
Like that :D

Jester666
02-08-07, 11:59 AM
Is the campsite covered by the Air Ambulance? Sounds like we're going to need it! :D

Grinch
02-08-07, 12:04 PM
Kiss chase?

Skip
02-08-07, 12:22 PM
Please god not football.
Goes for me too - if any kind of football is involved I aint coming! [-(

Jester666
02-08-07, 12:50 PM
Kiss chase?

Pervert. I know you only want to chase Bear again!! :D

Goes for me too - if any kind of football is involved I aint coming! [-(

+1 [-(

Grinch
02-08-07, 12:56 PM
Pervert. I know you only want to chase Bear again!! :D

No, I was the one being chased, remember!

I still like the idea of a treasure hunt, maybe hid the stuff near local attractions as it would be a idea so people could see the interesting parts of the area.

Stig
02-08-07, 05:02 PM
Anyone got any serious suggestions. :?:

yorkie_chris
02-08-07, 05:22 PM
Cow tipping.

Lissa
02-08-07, 05:32 PM

Mine WAS serious:p

neio79
17-08-07, 09:25 AM
Here is an idea.

If any of you have seen the thread about RAF Benson I mentioned that I am trying to arrange a SV track day at the Airfield on my doorstep (literally) nr Chippenham.

I was thinking as the earliest I can do it is next year anyway why not see if I can tie it in with the AR08. That is assuming that we do it around Somerset, as its not too far to ride up to Chippenham, about 1 hour 1.5 hours max.

So my thoughts were that we could try and arrange it at the end of the weekend as a big bang blow out to the AR08?? Rather than doing it at the beginning, where there is the chance that someone could bin their bike and miss the whole weekend.

Let me know your thought on this subject and I can then start arranging things with a definite date for the AR08 weekend.

Also it might be an incentive for people who cant make the whole weekend to come down for the day to meet other members?

hovis
17-08-07, 01:53 PM
there has to be some sort of mass compertition,between the regions.........

THE RULES

1)if you count yourself as a member of 2 regions you must pick one & be loyal to them

2)if your region is not well represented TOUGH

3) to the death

4) no more rules

SoulKiss
17-08-07, 02:04 PM
there has to be some sort of mass compertition,between the regions.........

THE RULES

1)if you count yourself as a member of 2 regions you must pick one & be loyal to them

2)if your region is not well represented TOUGH

3) to the death

4) no more rules

What?

AR08 Fight Club?

Or is it Thunderdome - Two Men enter, One Man leaves???

_Stretchie_
17-08-07, 04:53 PM
You mean like this? http://www.addictinggames.com/dangerousdavebrutalbob.html

Woohoo
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6671/picture1io9.jpg

plowsie
20-08-07, 11:05 AM
Woohoo....

That is a poor effort Stretchie!

Viper
22-08-07, 01:14 PM

I prefer more of a challenge, so why not pick 5-10 areas of interest located close to the location of the AR.
We are all split into groups (each group having a camera). You have to have a photo with ALL bikes and ALL riders at that location as proof you have been there. Each location will carry a points value (ie as how difficult it is to get to etc).
At the end of the day we all return to camp and see who has visited the most locations and who has the most points, Prize foir the winning team

hovis
22-08-07, 01:26 PM
cant we just ger pi$$ed?

Skip
22-08-07, 01:29 PM
cant we just ger pi$$ed?
:winner::drink::salut:

Viper
22-08-07, 01:36 PM
cant we just ger pi$$ed?

How childish !!!

can i join in please :p

Stig
22-08-07, 08:10 PM
I prefer more of a challenge, so why not pick 5-10 areas of interest located close to the location of the AR.
We are all split into groups (each group having a camera). You have to have a photo with ALL bikes and ALL riders at that location as proof you have been there. Each location will carry a points value (ie as how difficult it is to get to etc).
At the end of the day we all return to camp and see who has visited the most locations and who has the most points, Prize foir the winning team

Anything that induces the idea of "racing" from one location to another with the amount of bikes that are going, is asking for a disaster to happen. I would prefer Hovis's idea (did I really just say that? :shock:) but with the added caveat of doing stuff at the same time. Riding motorcycles not being one of them.

yorkie_chris
22-08-07, 08:44 PM
Riding motorcycles not being one of them.

So the scooter grasstracking is still on? :D

Stig
22-08-07, 08:48 PM
Hmmm :scratch: Private property... With permission from the landlord the options are endless... :lol:

BILLY
22-08-07, 09:13 PM
Well I did pm viper about bringing a couple of motorcross bike down for anyone who fancied a go! He said it would be ok but he had to check with his boss first:cool:

Dan
22-08-07, 09:34 PM
Well I did pm viper about bringing a couple of motorcross bike down for anyone who fancied a go! He said it would be ok but he had to check with his boss first:cool:

Billy, you are truly a great man.

hovis
22-08-07, 09:37 PM

Billy, you are truly a great man.

what he said............. although i think they need to be locked away once the drinking starts;)

BILLY
22-08-07, 09:42 PM
what he said............. although i think they need to be locked away once the drinking starts;)
They will and the keys would be given to Tracy so I won't get on mine and end up at A+E:rolleyes:

hovis
22-08-07, 09:55 PM
They will and the keys would be given to Tracy so I won't get on mine and end up at A+E:rolleyes:

which i have done .........more than once

suzi_rida
25-08-07, 06:25 PM
What About A Piniata Or Something???? Or A Bar-b-que???

yorkie_chris
25-08-07, 06:35 PM
I presume the BBQ will be on again, though AR07's was more of a steaming :p

I say scooter hunting :rambo:

kitkat
28-08-07, 09:46 PM
i did a wee treasure hunt on bikes at the weekend. there was a map and separate sheet with clues. things like when does post get collected here, how many disabled parking spaces etc. we also had to collect items like pine cones etc. it was only a 40 route and took approx 2 hours. was a laugh but long enough. all met back in pub. paid £3 each money going to spinal charity. winners got visor cleaners and bottle of bubbly.

northwind
31-08-07, 02:32 AM
I like Marshall's plan. The Marshall Plan as it were.

We could have a drinking contest, for those of us who can drink. And then the next day, we can have a hangover contest, for those of us who can't.

kitkat
01-09-07, 01:08 AM
oooh i could win that one - not the drinking

Stig
01-09-07, 05:39 AM
oooh i could win that one - not the drinking

Past history tells me you could be right. :lol:

stewie
01-09-07, 02:34 PM
How about
A, Hire a local band for the evening
B, Hire a local DJ for the evening
C, Erect some gazebo,s for the evening and have a monster BBQ

hovis
01-09-07, 02:51 PM
i think C is already part of the plan

stewie
01-09-07, 02:53 PM
i think C is already part of the plan

Then the first part of my fiendish plan is in motion.........

hovis
01-09-07, 03:20 PM
A, Hire a local band for the evening
:smt035http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_llXgKpHdd4&mode=related&search=

B, Hire a local DJ for the evening
:rave:http://www.jokeroo.com/funnyvideos/ehead.html

northwind
01-09-07, 05:23 PM
I dunno, I'm not really much for these ideas of entertainment laid on, when have we needed it before? It all just seems like a distraction, the point is to get together not to watch a band or whatever. Band in particular is an idea I don't like, it's a ton of hassle and I don't think it adds much. DJ, well, I can see the attraction there... It just seems to be getting a bit out of hand and away from the point, to me, turning into a wedding reception :)

What I'd like- bonfire, for sure, there's no substitute for a fire when you're outdoors... If the hosts will let us of course. Possibly some basic instruments and sound gear if any of us want to put on some entertainment rather than shipping it in. Better rainproofing- the gazebos pulled our fat out of the fire but a bit of wind and it'd still have been nasty, small wedding-style marquee would be great- for shelter, for chilling out, for the tech turns if we do that (which I think we absolutely should).

In fact, the tech stuff is something I think we should run with, though it's a logistical difficulty getting tools and hardware there unless we have some serious transport- there's loads of stuff people want to do but are too nervous to, springs, shocks, cams, etc etc. What better time than when there's a load of us together? Might not be practical, though.

I'd also quite like to stretch it out a little- as it is we arrive, go to the pub, have the rideout, have the barbeque, leave, we never stop. We've got all these ideas but nowhere to put 'em. Another day? More smaller rides, more mucking about.

hovis
01-09-07, 05:30 PM
100% agree with the above statement, & could not have said it better

=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>

im all for the bonfire marquee BBQ , & just a stero for a bit of backgrond music........ (edit & the ride out)

but

the whole point of the AR is just getting together & meeting fellow org.ers is it not?

:grouphug:

just go with the flow

fizzwheel
01-09-07, 08:33 PM
Personally I like the keep it simple approach, good food, good beer, and good company.

I'd like to do a rideout as its a shame IMHO to travel along way and then not explore when you get there.

To be honest pretty much what Northwind said IMHO would be excellent.

diamond
02-09-07, 06:03 PM
If the rideout does happen to be at Vipers it's my neck of the woods and i should be able to get hold off a couple of large army mess tents (18ftX24ft) this should sort out some where for the evenings if it rains.

diamond
02-09-07, 06:05 PM
I also have my new off road bike i could bring if Vipers boss says it's ok, we could set up a track and every one have a go.

hovis
02-09-07, 07:09 PM
I also have my new off road bike i could bring if Vipers boss says it's ok, we could set up a track and every one have a go.

can we build a ramp:p

dirtydog
02-09-07, 07:26 PM
In fact, the tech stuff is something I think we should run with, though it's a logistical difficulty getting tools and hardware there unless we have some serious transport

well depending on the location (if it's vipers suggestion it's no problem) i can bring stuff along in my van although it also depends on the date a little bit

diamond
02-09-07, 07:41 PM
can we build a ramp:p
Only if it you have to jump through flames that would be cool:cool:

hovis
02-09-07, 07:45 PM
Only if it you have to jump through flames that would be cool:cool:

:confused:

i will give it a go:)

BILLY
03-09-07, 10:02 AM
:confused:

i will give it a go:)

On your own bike though;)

stewie
03-09-07, 02:03 PM
I dunno, I'm not really much for these ideas of entertainment laid on, when have we needed it before? It all just seems like a distraction, the point is to get together not to watch a band or whatever. Band in particular is an idea I don't like, it's a ton of hassle and I don't think it adds much. DJ, well, I can see the attraction there... It just seems to be getting a bit out of hand and away from the point, to me, turning into a wedding reception :)

What I'd like- bonfire, for sure, there's no substitute for a fire when you're outdoors... If the hosts will let us of course. Possibly some basic instruments and sound gear if any of us want to put on some entertainment rather than shipping it in. Better rainproofing- the gazebos pulled our fat out of the fire but a bit of wind and it'd still have been nasty, small wedding-style marquee would be great- for shelter, for chilling out, for the tech turns if we do that (which I think we absolutely should).

In fact, the tech stuff is something I think we should run with, though it's a logistical difficulty getting tools and hardware there unless we have some serious transport- there's loads of stuff people want to do but are too nervous to, springs, shocks, cams, etc etc. What better time than when there's a load of us together? Might not be practical, though.

I'd also quite like to stretch it out a little- as it is we arrive, go to the pub, have the rideout, have the barbeque, leave, we never stop. We've got all these ideas but nowhere to put 'em. Another day? More smaller rides, more mucking about.

Fair enough, it was only a thought, a mate of mine has a band and said they would play a few numbers for just a couple of pints and a burger or two, just have to tell that bono and his mates to play somewhere else I suppose :D

plowsie
03-09-07, 02:05 PM
If my pole dancing at the N.Wales rideout this weekend goes well, I'll do that at the AR :D £25 for a private dance ;)

Only kidding lol

hovis
03-09-07, 02:57 PM
If my pole dancing at the N.Wales rideout this weekend goes well, I'll do that at the AR :D £25 for a private dance ;)

£20 for cash?;)

plowsie
03-09-07, 03:24 PM
Anything for you sweet cheeks ;)

hovis
03-09-07, 03:28 PM
:smt060

kitkat
07-09-07, 09:04 PM
Past history tells me you could be right. :lol:

blush blush

Possibly some basic instruments and sound gear if any of us want to put on some entertainment rather than shipping it in. .

omg keep northy away from drumsticks or he will have swollen appendages again lol

caz650s
24-09-07, 07:39 PM
Personally I like the keep it simple approach, good food, good beer, and good company.

I'd like to do a rideout as its a shame IMHO to travel along way and then not explore when you get there.

To be honest pretty much what Northwind said IMHO would be excellent.

Yes I agree the time passes by before you know it as it is !

IMO.. Some shelter - Food - Beer - background music -good company and most of all a good laugh !!

Quiff Wichard
09-12-07, 11:35 PM
I could bring one of these from work !!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/sigourneysbeaver/newphone001-1.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/sigourneysbeaver/outofofficeolympicswindsor056.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/sigourneysbeaver/kdminflatables2014.jpg

i jest of course

I think the keep it simple idea is good.. or plans go wrong and folk get disheartened-
beer and good chat and a bit of music is fine...

oh yea but grinch naked is compulsory

El Saxo
10-12-07, 01:34 PM
is that a human-size table football thingummyjig in the 2nd pic? that looks ace!! 8)

Quiff Wichard
10-12-07, 06:09 PM
is that a human-size table football thingummyjig in the 2nd pic? that looks ace!! 8)

yeppo- exactly

Paul the 6th
17-01-08, 08:15 PM
the worlds largest SV quiz?

Giant Karaoke?

Face painting?

Fancy dress?

The worlds largest game of Charades...

Guess how much the vat of used bike oil weighs? - closest guess wins a crate of beer - pound a go. Profit goes to cover cost of organising?

invite local bike shops down to sell bits? get a bit of a biker village selling random bits on funky stalls? The bike shop at squires always has loads of people in there looking at helmets/leathers/exhausts buying bits.

"bring me ...." a presenter type person stands at the front of the rowdy croud saying "the first person to bring me a drinks straw will win a can of beer and a t-shirt" for example. you get more and more obscure each time "bring me a blow up doll" the crowd go nuts trying to hold of things to win.

look alike competitions?

just a couple of random ideas off the top of my head :)

Paul the 6th
17-01-08, 08:18 PM
HOG ROAST! they never fail to go wrong. all the pork and stuffing sarnys you can eat. if you dont eat meat - stuffing sarnys are just as good :)

Paul the 6th
17-01-08, 08:33 PM
The AR08 Jukebox. well before the weekend, everyone who's attending sends their song in mp3 format to the relevant organiser and at some point over the weekend when all the music is being played, everyone gets their song dropped into the mix :) bit like a jukebox...

random.

northwind
17-01-08, 09:27 PM
I like the jukebox idea. Baggsy me Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance.

hovis
17-01-08, 10:00 PM
The AR08 Jukebox. well before the weekend, everyone who's attending sends their song in mp3 format to the relevant organiser and at some point over the weekend when all the music is being played, everyone gets their song dropped into the mix :) bit like a jukebox...

random.

not a bad idea that............ but i think the sex pistols my be reforming for a last ever gig:p

dizzyblonde
18-01-08, 11:42 AM
the first one can be...I got a brand new combineharvester...lol:-)

Alpinestarhero
19-01-08, 05:47 PM
I like the jukebox idea. Baggsy me Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance.

This is a great idea. Prob is, which song do I choose?

Hmm

Matt

Paul the 6th
22-01-08, 02:34 PM
queen - don't stop me now....

the ultimate spur of the moment-sing-along or stupid-jogging-on-the-spot-dance track