PDA

View Full Version : North Wales / Cheshire Group Inaugural Meeting

Luckypants
31-07-07, 09:33 AM
We need to get ourselves a meeting sorted, so we can see who is who and gauge interest. On the thread in Idle Banter, it seemed a Wednesday night would be preferred for the regular meet.

However, for the initial meeting I suggest that we meet on a weekend. I don't plan on organising a ride or anything, just lets all get together, say hi and arrange the regular meet. No doubt food and drink will be consumed and the p1ss taken by one and all. An impromptu ride may follow.....

We are meeting at the Ponderosa on Sunday 12th August at 1.00 pm. I will be there early and will hang around most of the afternoon, if folks need to be flexible. I will be wearing my SV650.ORG t-shirt and name badge.

Lets get this show on the road.

jamessunhill
31-07-07, 11:37 AM
I won't be joining you for that (I'm at Croft for the BSB that weekend).:p

I'd like to participate in the regular meets though. :D

stewie
31-07-07, 12:39 PM
I am actually on nights sat and sun night , however I am going to see if I can get a night off on the sunday night then I can come and meet up, nice one for starting this thread luckypants :smt023

Quiff Wichard
31-07-07, 09:26 PM
:smt045

glsuk1970
01-08-07, 10:51 AM
I'll try and pop up for a few hours Mr. Luckypants if I can find some gullible fool to watch my kids for a while (I'm assured by Lissa that they leave home eventually, though ;) )

EDIT: Actually, scratch that - I've got a Christening to attend on that day.

mister c
03-08-07, 01:14 PM
Last time I came up there it cost me £60 :(
I am off, so could well pop down if I can be bothered to fit my legal exhaust & numberplate :)

stewie
03-08-07, 01:18 PM
Ive booked off the sat and sun night, so providing me bike doesnt play up again I will be there

slark01
05-08-07, 11:35 AM
I should make it if my shoulder allows me!!

Luckypants
06-08-07, 03:57 PM
Initial post updated with definite time.

Baph
06-08-07, 04:06 PM
Stored in my phone with an alarm. I'll see you guys there. :D

(Well, daughters birthday the day after that, and need to double check plans etc, but don't see it being a problem)

Luckypants
07-08-07, 07:49 AM
Good to see you back buddy.

Pedro68
08-08-07, 08:32 AM
I will be there too ... but just not on my SV :(
You'll be able to spot me though, I'll be the one riding a H***a CBF1000 emblazoned with dealer logos, phone number, and the word "Demonstrator" all over it PMSL

Cheers,
Pete

Luckypants
10-08-07, 08:55 AM
Put a note on the tank of a local SV at the Eisteddfod yesterday. I also found out that the BikeSafe guys will be up there on Sunday, so now I have to explain how I binned my bike 4 weeks after being on thier course! :oops:

plowsie
10-08-07, 05:29 PM
Can someone do me a route map with directions from NN4 0DE my comp is playing up and can't get on properly

Luckypants
10-08-07, 05:51 PM
Bloody hell it's a long way for you! Basically, for that distance in a day you gonna have to use the motorway. M1 -> M6 -> M54 -> A5 to Llangollen -> At traffic lights in Llangollen turn Right -> over the bridge -> Turn left and follow that road (A542) up the Horshoe Pass. Ponderosa (http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk/) is on the top. Note this is the North wales froup initial meet, not a ride out. PM me your mobile number, might meet up and we can ride together (I might be down that way Saturday night)

slark01
11-08-07, 06:55 AM
Well it looks like i should be ok for sunday:) .

Luckypants
11-08-07, 09:18 AM
Good man, see you Sunday!

kwak zzr
11-08-07, 09:41 AM
what sunday you up there mike? tomorrow the 12th?

Luckypants
11-08-07, 09:45 AM
Yes tomoz. See first post for details. Fancy a run up?

kwak zzr
11-08-07, 12:02 PM
might be free tomorrow, what time you all arrive?

stewie
11-08-07, 12:04 PM
I am heading up there for between 12 and 1 , ish

kwak zzr
11-08-07, 12:06 PM
might be free tomorrow, what time you all arrive?

just read first page soz.:)

stewie
11-08-07, 12:08 PM
See you there then :D

kwak zzr
11-08-07, 12:18 PM
me cuz and they guy i sold my old sv should be turning up about mid day.

stewie
11-08-07, 12:56 PM
park your kwak next to mine would you please, make mine look good, and boy does it need it :D

kwak zzr
11-08-07, 03:13 PM
park your kwak next to mine would you please, make mine look good, and boy does it need it :D

:silent:

stewie
11-08-07, 03:45 PM
:silent:

Oi, Careful, I voted for you you know :D

kwak zzr
11-08-07, 07:52 PM
:D :D :D 102 votes now :D thanks for yours :D

mister c
12-08-07, 07:50 AM
should be down about half 12

slark01
12-08-07, 02:08 PM
ok complete idiot here, thought i had set my satnav correctly last night, headed off this morning and got lost!!!
So after wandering around in the complete wilderness for about 2 hours, I gave up.
Sorry for not showing up.
Oh and yes I did ask a couple of people for directions, so much for local knowledge.

markmoto
12-08-07, 04:34 PM
I had to work today :-( couldnt rearrange it for anyother day! sorry for not meeting up guys/gals hope it all went well :-) and i hope to join you for the next one. ;-)

carlos
12-08-07, 04:35 PM
How'd it go today? I would have liked to come up and show some support for the much-needed new group but the TL is off the road until I save enough for some new tyres.

plowsie
12-08-07, 06:34 PM
Massive crowd of us, then we went for a little blast. Stewie or Luckypants i'm sure will be posting details of meets and stuff ;)

stewie
12-08-07, 07:07 PM
Massive crowd of us, then we went for a little blast. Stewie or Luckypants i'm sure will be posting details of meets and stuff ;)

Yeah lost count of the guys there tbh, looks like the first meeting will be held at the 'Bridge inn' in Llangollen on weds 22nd of Aug, not sure of the time probably 7.30 - 8.00 onwards. Luckypants may well add to this in case I got something wrong. It was good seeing everyone today particularly Plowsie who made the effort to travel up from Northampton and Pedro68 who detoured up from London on his way home and Luckypants and Baph cos its good to see you both again, shame some of the other local lads couldnt make it maybe next time eh ? Its also a shame me feckin bike let me down AGAIN and once again I was in the cage, but I promise you I do own a bike , honestly, its maroon.....
http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa125/wyoming95/DSC00058.jpg
and there it is,******* !

Pedro68
12-08-07, 07:15 PM
Yeah, good to meet you guys today ... just felt like I slowed you "lot" down a little ... so apologies there guys ... guess my confidence has taken a bigger dent than I realised after my off a few weeks ago :oops:

Think I might join a group of cyclists on their next ride-out :smt003 LOL

TBF, I've still not really got used to that damned CBF ;) never will either!

Hope to have my SV back next time :)

Cheers,
Pete

Luckypants
12-08-07, 07:42 PM
Sory to anyone who came who didn't find us. We were at the BikeSafe van from 12:45 on (after me and Plowsie filled our faces). We parked the SVs together to try to attract attention.....

Stewie is spot on about first meeting. Will post details seperately in a while

plowsie
12-08-07, 09:25 PM
Yeah, good to meet you guys today ... just felt like I slowed you "lot" down a little ... so apologies there guys ... guess my confidence has taken a bigger dent than I realised after my off a few weeks ago :oops:

Think I might join a group of cyclists on their next ride-out :smt003 LOL

TBF, I've still not really got used to that damned CBF ;) never will either!

Hope to have my SV back next time :)

Cheers,
Pete
U werent slow mate, kept up with me okay! I need some power!!!!!! :smt067 :smt035 Nice meeting you and will seeyou in a couple of weeks :D

markmoto
12-08-07, 11:19 PM
glad to hear it was a good turnout anyone take any picies? what happend to your bike stewie? sorry to hear you had to go in your cage.

plowsie
12-08-07, 11:23 PM
Only five of us there, I got a few phone cam shots at the pub when i left LP ad Baph, think LP did too.

mister c
13-08-07, 06:02 AM
Saw Plowsies bike parked up, so went over to it, stood around for about 5 mins, then went for something to eat. Sorry i missed you guys.

markmoto
13-08-07, 08:10 AM
Only five of us there, I got a few phone cam shots at the pub when i left LP ad Baph, think LP did too.

Though stewie said there where loads there??

Luckypants
13-08-07, 09:01 AM
Though stewie said there where loads there??
I think there was a trace of irony there....... We managed to miss Mister_C (Doh!) Any how, we achieved the aim of sorting out a meet.

markmoto
13-08-07, 09:11 AM
Ahhh ;-) the first hurdle is over it can only build from there, i guess the dodgy weather put a few peeps off aswell. I had work commitments i just couldnt bypass but am hoping to be there next time :-)

Luckypants
13-08-07, 09:26 AM
yep morning weather was iffy and probably reduced the turnout. Me and Plowsie got rained on hard in Cheshire on run up, good job we put waterproofs on! Still was glorious sunshine by the time we left Ponderosa at 2.30 and had a nice ride.

kwak zzr
13-08-07, 11:26 AM
my missus through a fit on Saturday because i said i was going out on the bike and cuz dragged me out to buy him a car on Sunday:(

markmoto
13-08-07, 11:32 AM
man you guys need to put your women in there place :-)
Just say listen woman im going out on my bike il be in for 5.00pm and my tea better be on the table or else :-)

Luckypants
13-08-07, 01:01 PM
my missus through a fit on Saturday because i said i was going out on the bike and cuz dragged me out to buy him a car on Sunday:(
Ohhh and we all thought you were scared to get it dirty. Turns out you scared of the missus!! :rolleyes:

runs and hides......

kwak zzr
13-08-07, 03:03 PM
Ohhh and we all thought you were scared to get it dirty. Turns out you scared of the missus!! :rolleyes:

runs and hides......

she is scary:rolleyes:

plowsie
13-08-07, 04:22 PM
Saw Plowsies bike parked up
:lol::lol: Love it lol

stewie
13-08-07, 06:06 PM
glad to hear it was a good turnout anyone take any picies? what happend to your bike stewie? sorry to hear you had to go in your cage.

Wouldnt start mate, turning over ok but wouldnt catch, think I might just leave it out for the bin men on friday mornin, seriously had enough now, I must be the only rider on this forum that turns up for rideouts in his car.:nomore: