PDA

View Full Version : woo hoo nearly time to go!

dizzyblonde
07-08-07, 09:19 PM
So its the final hurdle of preparing the bikes for france.
The black is running fine and got a nice set of crash bungs on it, courtesy of Mr Luckypants. All polished and sparkly, waiting for the downpour of rain I am assuming will happen on Sunday.
The raptor finally received its Radiator, repaired, this afternoon. And im indoors attempted to wash and polish the bike after re-fitting the rad. Afraid its not a spot on my handy work, but, don't tell him that. Hopefully the radiator will survive the journey as the company had great difficulty fixing it. We had a laugh with our mate who's travelling with us last night. He declared that although we had toiled over our bikes to get em right, it wouldn't be them that'd break down, he was going for 3 in a row, so his nice new fzr6 will be next!!
I'm all excited now, and all this preparing is keeping me off line. So now I'm going for a beer before starting again with stuff tomorrow.

dizzyblonde
08-08-07, 02:34 PM
well teh raptor radiator was fixed and now it isn't. so with 3 shopping days to go, i've now to try and find a radiator that is as rare as rocking horse poo.
My patience is waring thin!:smt092 :smt092

dizzyblonde
09-08-07, 12:32 PM
the rad weld went in and it was holding last night. what a waste of money the repair was. failing that my mate said he fixed a lorry once with colemans mustard powder-aparrently it sets like concrete!!! Ha ha a last resort me thinks

dizzyblonde
10-08-07, 09:58 AM
apparently 3 guys he met on the raptor chaptor at squires last night said they all had the same problem. repairing it doesn't work and appart from putting a big hole in your pocket and buy a new one, it is the only option to rad weld it. So now theres at least 4 of them riding around with dodgy rads. Hopefully it'll stay that way as last time I posted it jinxed it and the weld didn't stck. For now he has returned from the doghouse. just 2 days to go.....stressed Eric

dizzyblonde
17-08-07, 06:32 PM
bloody hell, the trip down here seemed to never end!!!!
Peages a pain in the butt, I can't find money in me pockets quick enough. The french are really respectful and considerate of bikers and budge out of the way when your coming through, they kind of hover halfway between the two lanes to let you past....AND we did the dizzyblonde tour de france...I had the directions and I led the way all the way here, and didn't get us lost..pretty good for someone who can't fight her way out of a paper bag..700 miles here. Very tiring though and me ears got fed up of bwwooooaaaarrrghghghghgh!!!! for hours and hours. So now I'm off to the pub again till probably 2am, thouhgt I'd fill you all in and tell you the rest with pics when we get back...p.s they don't like the raptor here its too loud, we had to hide the sv and the raptor away from the gendarmes for the day while my mate took her bike for a decibel test for her z1000. She wants to put french plates on it and has to do it to conform for the law....SV and raptor about 50 times too loud!! TTFN