PDA

View Full Version : Map of Thames Valley Members

KnightRider
15-08-07, 10:29 AM
The link to the map should be working now, it seems that I added a link to someone that I was trying to plot, rather than the map itself.

Click here (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=RG19&ie=UTF8&ll=51.539502,-0.931091&spn=0.819991,1.851196&z=9&om=1)

Let me know if you have any further probs.

Finally - any new members to the area please let me have your postcode so that I can add you to the map.

Jon

KnightRider
15-08-07, 10:47 AM
I am also trying to list possible meet locations. I have a couple already like the Flowing Spring, Shire Horse and Fleur De Lis but if you have any others then please let me know the name and postcode so I can put them on the map.

Jon

falc
15-08-07, 11:45 AM
Local map is a good idea, there is a global one as well for all users

Tara
15-08-07, 03:50 PM
can we join you we are only at Bracknell

sarah
15-08-07, 04:20 PM

are you and falc defecting to the sausage factory? :shock:

KnightRider
15-08-07, 04:49 PM
Send me your postcode (first 2-4 digits) and I will put you on the Thames Valley map.

Tara
15-08-07, 06:17 PM
Send me your postcode (first 2-4 digits) and I will put you on the Thames Valley map.

you have pm

Tara
15-08-07, 06:32 PM
are you and falc defecting to the sausage factory? :shock:

Says the member of the Taffia and GM ;)

sarah
15-08-07, 06:59 PM
Says the member of the Taffia and GM ;)

i'm in with the mofos and tv boyz too ;)

DanAbnormal
15-08-07, 09:41 PM
i'm in with the mofos and tv boyz too ;)

Umm......I just read that slightly wrong.

Phew.

FreshAL
16-08-07, 02:18 PM
PM'd

Stig
16-08-07, 05:49 PM
Can I request that only proper members of the group are entered on to the map? Otherwise it wont make any sense at all.

ASM-Forever
16-08-07, 07:12 PM
Can I request that only proper members of the group are entered on to the map? Otherwise it wont make any sense at all.

Proper Members(web definition):

Those sporting this seasons must have white Alpinestars boots offset with black accessories.

:thumbsup:

Stig
16-08-07, 07:17 PM
That'll be a map with only ever two pins on it then :wink:

TSM
16-08-07, 07:35 PM
Note, there is a forum map of users, currently its offline but it will be back soon.

ASM-Forever
16-08-07, 07:50 PM
That'll be a map with only ever two pins on it then :wink:

Its very exclusive dont ya know :riding:

KnightRider
17-08-07, 10:47 AM
Happy to only include Thames Valley Members on the map. Not sure how I work out who is allowed and who isnt. I have marked an area on the map to indicate roughly where the TV group cover. If you have any comments then let me know.

Jon

PS - how do I define "Proper Member"

Law
19-08-07, 11:09 PM
Hey!

Why is the GM empire so small? (Oh damn, cut out the key, nevermind doesn't take a genius to work out what the coloured sections are) The GM has members (ET & Sarah) near Horsham which is outside our supposed area of influence.

I like the red neutral zone. Very Star Trekkie, who's the Romulans and who's the Federation? :geek:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/issues/untitled.gif

ASM-Forever
19-08-07, 11:49 PM
I like the red neutral zone. Very Star Trekkie, who's the Romulans and who's the Federation? :geek:

*GEEK ALERT*

Everyone back slowly away from the thread....don't make eye contact :p

sarah
20-08-07, 07:10 AM
Hey!

The GM has members (ET & Sarah) near Horsham which is outside our supposed area of influence.

does that mean we're in no man's land too?
if you had done a a radius on that map rather than a rubbish diamond shape we would fit in!

ASM-Forever
20-08-07, 12:13 PM
does that mean we're in no man's land too?
if you had done a a radius on that map rather than a rubbish diamond shape we would fit in!

We don't want Horsham anyway so you can have it :p

sarah
20-08-07, 03:04 PM
We don't want Horsham anyway so you can have it :p

i don't live in horsham

ASM-Forever
20-08-07, 06:35 PM
i don't live in horsham

Well we certainly don't want cardiff ;)

sarah
20-08-07, 06:42 PM
Well we certainly don't want cardiff ;)

neither do i!

KnightRider
21-08-07, 10:53 AM
I was just wondering whether we want to add anything else to the map. I have already started adding TV recommended ride routes to the map (will work with BigApe on finalising our plans for that) but was wondering whether anyone would find it useful to add local bike shops/mechanics or speed camera's?

Thoughts anyone?

Colby
21-08-07, 11:50 AM
You could add AMS Motorcycles in Charvil

Stig
21-08-07, 11:58 AM
To be honest I would prefer to see the members locations map separate from anything else.

Is it not possible to set up more than one map?

One for routes, another for useful locations and the original for member locations? Otherwise I can see just the one map getting too congested.

KnightRider
21-08-07, 01:01 PM
Check out my signature. We now have two maps, 1 has members the other has routes.

Suggest we colour code them in terms of ease? Red - very hard/technical, amber - average, green - nice and easy. Comments/thoughts on a postcard...?

--------------
On second thoughts that is a dumb idea, better to have each route a different colour so that we can identify them if they merge together!

philbut
21-08-07, 01:07 PM
Check out my signature. We now have two maps, 1 has members the other has routes.

Suggest we colour code them in terms of ease? Red - very hard/technical, amber - average, green - nice and easy. Comments/thoughts on a postcard...?

--------------
On second thoughts that is a dumb idea, better to have each route a different colour so that we can identify them if they merge together!

glad to see you are hard at work Mr Knigherider. Your company must be very proud to have such dedicated employees. I on the other hand would never dream of spending work time for bike related capers... :smt077

Good on ya, I'm impressed, keep them map coming.

KnightRider
21-08-07, 01:22 PM
glad to see you are hard at work Mr Knigherider. Your company must be very proud to have such dedicated employees. I on the other hand would never dream of spending work time for bike related capers... :smt077

Good on ya, I'm impressed, keep them map coming.

Shhhhhh...they might hear you!

StreetHawk
21-08-07, 01:26 PM
Maps of routes are good.. I hardly know any decent routes. This weather is doing my head in, got this week off but no chance of a ride so far :-(

Green routes for me please ;-)

Gnome
27-08-07, 09:48 AM
I guess I don't fall in to the T.V group then... :(

StreetHawk
27-08-07, 04:55 PM
TV group welcomes all! Anyone can come along mate.

Gnome
27-08-07, 06:02 PM
Is anyone up my way? Banbury...

StreetHawk
27-08-07, 06:29 PM
Warthog and Philbut are the nearest to you, they are both Oxford way..

Warthog
28-08-07, 12:34 PM
You could easily make it to Fox's from Banbury, come along the next time we are there!

philbut
28-08-07, 12:46 PM
Ay true. Banbury isn't too far away. I was up that part of the world on friday evening. some nice twisty bits on the A422 Banbury to Stratford. Unfortunatly i was in a car towing the bike so not as much fun :(

Stig
28-08-07, 05:08 PM
Ay true. Banbury isn't too far away. I was up that part of the world on friday evening. some nice twisty bits on the A422 Banbury to Stratford. Unfortunatly i was in a car towing the bike so not as much fun :(

But more fun that if you were on the bike towing the car. :wink:

Warthog
28-08-07, 06:07 PM
But more fun that if you were on the bike towing the car. :wink:

Interesting mental picture. Actually, can Goldwings do that?

Gnome
29-08-07, 09:01 AM
You could easily make it to Fox's from Banbury, come along the next time we are there!

If I'm about, will do.