PDA

View Full Version : October Track Days - Anyone booked anything?

Tim in Belgium
17-08-07, 08:33 AM
Looking at doing a couple of trackdays in October, anyone on here booked or planning any? It's always more fun when there's others you (vaguely) know.

I'm planning to get Cadwell in, and perhaps one of Donny, Rockingham or Mallory.

They tend to be cheaper at this time of year too.

Blue_SV650S
17-08-07, 08:36 AM
I was thinking about this ...

http://www.focusedevents.com/event_info.asp?ID=402

Zombie Jesus
17-08-07, 12:10 PM
I'd be up for one providing I can get there in approx 3 hours which probably includes most of the tracks in the midlands. Would also have to wait on the weather, wouldn't mind going on the track in the wet as much but I'm not fussed on being in the elements for 12+ hours.

I would like to do cadwell + angelsey eventually but then I'd need to stay overnight somewhere.

I might be doing Pembrey on August 25th but it is a bit of a trek to get there depending where you're based, best part of 2 hours from bristol I reckon.

Tim in Belgium
17-08-07, 12:20 PM
Blue, that's in September! I'll only have just got home the day before after 2 weeks on the bike round Europe, don't think I'll be quite in the track day frame of mind :)

johnnyrod
17-08-07, 12:41 PM
Thinking about end of Sept now as weather has binned my choices this week(end), no plans yet but if you're at Cadwell then drop me a line, not far from here.

Blue_SV650S
17-08-07, 12:42 PM
Blue, that's in September!

My Bad!! :D

Tim in Belgium
17-08-07, 01:59 PM
What's Silverstone National like for the SV? There are some dates for £99 available.

Plenty of Cadwell dates too from a number of the usual TD suppliers.

Zombie Jesus
17-08-07, 03:16 PM
http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/UKdates.htm

02 October Donington Park GP £149.00
05 October Mallory Park £89.00
29 October Cadwell Park £59.00

weazelz
17-08-07, 07:28 PM
I want to get to Donington this year, maybe to Silverstone GP & probably a late-in-season Brands Indy

Stig
17-08-07, 07:30 PM
I'll go, who's paying. :?:

pmapp
10-09-07, 04:19 PM
There's a few of us booked in for Mallory on the 6th October with Focused Events.

Skip
10-09-07, 07:30 PM
I am going to Donington for a trackday on the 8th October - and it's FREE!! Invitation only I am afraid though! ;) Also got the day off work without taking holiday! Thanks work! :D

Demonz
10-09-07, 08:07 PM
Anyone keen for Brands on the 1st?

leon c
10-09-07, 08:36 PM
There's a few of us booked in for Mallory on the 6th October with Focused Events.
never been on a track day before how much is it:???:

Sevorg
10-09-07, 11:02 PM
£99 - Still places left. 5 of us booked in the inters so far - 3 SV's!

leon c
12-09-07, 05:51 PM
£99 - Still places left. 5 of us booked in the inters so far - 3 SV's!mallory trackday looks very interesting never done a track day before.would i need to go in novices or is this optional:confused:

Sevorg
12-09-07, 10:06 PM
mallory trackday looks very interesting never done a track day before.would i need to go in novices or is this optional:confused:

Depends how you ride on the road. Novice and Inters groups are very mixed. You get slowish riders in the Inters and Very quick riders in the Novive group (we call them 'glory boys' - those who get kicks out of passing people all day but don't actually improve their own skills. I did 3 or 4 track days in the Novice group but have now moved into the Inters. The instructers will move you if you are not in the right group. Personally, if you haven't done one before the safe bet is Novice group though I know guys who went straight into the Inters and were mid pack! The organisers will advise Novice if you haven't been before but won't ask for proof of experience!

leon c
14-09-07, 06:55 PM
Thanks for advice, gotta be novice then for 1st timers me thinks. Are you guys riding down ?

rob13
20-09-07, 08:12 PM
How are you guys getting to Mallory? Its a bit far to go in one day & back incl a track day, although Tim would probably say otherwise. Need a trailer and a car with a towbar.....

Sevorg
24-09-07, 10:12 PM
We are riding down from Leeds, Hudds, Rochdale and Harrogate early Sat am. Not entirely sure where we are all meeting. Probably meet at Wooley Edge services on the M1 at J39(ish). Time TBC - I'll update on this thread when confirmed. All welcome to join us.

Ryan

pmapp
26-09-07, 06:58 PM
Hi Leon, where abouts are you in Wakefield? I'm in Ossett.

Lets make it an unofficial sv650.org track day :-D

Crammy15b
28-09-07, 08:05 PM
im doing Cadwell on the 20th. Anyone else? Would be good to see some more SV's there?

Crammy

Tim in Belgium
28-09-07, 09:03 PM
I'm tempted, just got to speak with thne transport agency, I mean my dad, before hand. I'll probably book lateish depending on the weather forecast. But I'll be at Cadwell before the end of the year. Top track.

leon c
02-10-07, 08:49 PM
Hi Leon, where abouts are you in Wakefield? I'm in Ossett.

Lets make it an unofficial sv650.org track day :-D
hi cant make saturday, work amongst other things :ncool:. Well up for a blast some other time though im in alverthorpe.I know ossett well, working in horbury

pmapp
07-10-07, 08:55 AM
Leon - keep an eye out in the Pennine Massive section.

Some pics here from the weekend at Mallory... http://http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1307360#post1307360

Skip
08-10-07, 08:51 PM
Just got back from a day at Donington Park - what a circuit!! Well recommended! Coming down the Craner Curves flat out has to be experienced to be beleived!!

Blue_SV650S
08-10-07, 09:11 PM
Just got back from a day at Donington Park - what a circuit!! Well recommended! Coming down the Craner Curves flat out has to be experienced to be beleived!!

:thumleft:

Did you do the GP circuit (the Melbourne loop) ... any pics?!?! :)

Not a lover of Donny meseln ... but then my first ever experience there was in the wet/very damp (after a long dry spell I had the first rain) and I had some BIG moments when I felt I was barely trying ... its a well know fact its an ice-rink in the first rain as the track sits in the flightpath of the local airport and you get all the Avgas fallout from the aeroplanes ...

I raced there in the dry the next day, but didn't do that well ... I think my experinace the day before had psyched me out mentally ... :smt090

Skip
09-10-07, 08:13 AM
:thumleft:

Did you do the GP circuit (the Melbourne loop) ... any pics?!?! :)

Not a lover of Donny meseln ... but then my first ever experience there was in the wet/very damp (after a long dry spell I had the first rain) and I had some BIG moments when I felt I was barely trying ... its a well know fact its an ice-rink in the first rain as the track sits in the flightpath of the local airport and you get all the Avgas fallout from the aeroplanes ...

I raced there in the dry the next day, but didn't do that well ... I think my experinace the day before had psyched me out mentally ... :smt090
Nope it was the national circuit - to be honest I dont think the Melbourne loop would have added any more enjoyment to it. Coppice had people going off fairly often - managed to avoid any tumbles myself, but by the last two sessions I had the pegs down on pretty much every corner - they are totally mullered now! Scraping the pegs at 100mph under starkeys bridge was a real highlight! :-D I had only done Snetterton a few times before this - and its made me realise I need to get out and do more circuits!! No pics I am afraid - but there might be some video as a friend followed me for the last session - struggling to keep up on his K3 GSXR1000 :twisted:

Skip
09-10-07, 10:02 AM
Found some pics that were taken on the day - unfortunately even though I can hold my own in the intermediate group I cant get my knee down! So pics are not that exciting! :( Maybe with some leathers that fit properly and a friendly roundabout I will get there one day!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/skip665/z750/ontrack.jpg

Blue_SV650S
09-10-07, 10:10 AM
Yeah, the Melbourne loop doesn’t add much to the lap!! Its just cool to ride the same bit as you see the big boys do on telly :)

I only have one pic to go by, but you are sat bolt upright, its only ya second trackday and you sound like you are cracking on with it, but you are gonna need to address that riding position before it becomes a bad habit and you are finding it is holding you back (as it is now with the scraping pegs!!)!! ;)

When is your next one?!?! :)

Jester666
09-10-07, 10:22 AM
Lydden 20/10/07 if anyone is interested.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=97905

Skip
09-10-07, 10:50 AM
I only have one pic to go by, but you are sat bolt upright, its only ya second trackday and you sound like you are cracking on with it, but you are gonna need to address that riding position before it becomes a bad habit and you are finding it is holding you back (as it is now with the scraping pegs!!)!! ;)

When is your next one?!?! :)
Yup that will be me sat bolt upright the whole time :oops:

I have a friend who is very good at knee down stuff - I think I will have to go for a lesson!!

Next one isnt booked yet but I am thinking it needs to be Cadwell!

Blue_SV650S
09-10-07, 10:59 AM
Lydden 20/10/07 if anyone is interested.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=97905

Potentially, I'll see how my aching bones are nearer the time! :-s

Blue_SV650S
09-10-07, 11:01 AM
Yup that will be me sat bolt upright the whole time :oops:

I have a friend who is very good at knee down stuff - I think I will have to go for a lesson!!

Next one isnt booked yet but I am thinking it needs to be Cadwell!

Just watch a few motoGP/WSBK vids and try and adopt a stance you like, its not about KD, its about getting a racing stance ... you need to get that weight forward and off the bike …

SV650Racer
09-10-07, 12:06 PM
Am booked on for Snetterton on Sunday 28th with No Limits if anyone fancies a Sunday out!!

Will be on my new bike...:cool:

Demonz
09-10-07, 03:52 PM
Am away that weekend - but booked on at Brands for Monday with No Limits. Good prices at the mo.

southy1978
22-10-07, 11:37 PM
Am booked on for Snetterton on Sunday 28th with No Limits if anyone fancies a Sunday out!!

Will be on my new bike...:cool:

See you there then! Will be there with one other sv and a few mates on r6's and my boss on his ktm super duke R.
Kinda anxious as the last track day i did at mallory i ended up in the tyre wall on a ktm duke II at gerards :pale:
Dont really fancy killing the sv!

SV650Racer
23-10-07, 09:46 AM
See you there then! Will be there with one other sv and a few mates on r6's and my boss on his ktm super duke R.
Kinda anxious as the last track day i did at mallory i ended up in the tyre wall on a ktm duke II at gerards :pale:
Dont really fancy killing the sv!

Coolio. I will be on a GSXR600K7 number 24..:mrgreen: must change my user name!!!

Tomcat
23-10-07, 12:15 PM
I'm doing a ladies day at donnington on Saturday .... first track day so can't wait :D Just keeping my fingers crossed for the weather !