PDA

View Full Version : The weather

Luckypants
19-08-07, 11:38 AM
Damn! Damn! Damn! It is blowing a gale and hammering down in N. Wales! Was planning to go pre-ride the ride out route today for up to date information on roadworks, petrol and ice cream stops. Not in this!

Riding on your own in the pouring rain is not a fun ride!

Fed up now doing housework................. :smt097

kwak zzr
19-08-07, 02:44 PM
i think you make the right choice mate, weather poor here in the midlands too:(

markmoto
19-08-07, 02:45 PM
Yep **** poor in liverpool aswell :-(

Luckypants
19-08-07, 02:52 PM
Just been Tescos (that is how bored I am) and it was filled with ****ed off folks like me. Hope things pick up in the week so I can go for an evening ride... and for the meet at the Bridge End in Llangollen (Llan to us locals :))

stewie
19-08-07, 03:29 PM
Wow, thats strange, its 84 degrees in warrington, Ive just been sat outside in me trunks havin an ice cream ;)

markmoto
19-08-07, 03:50 PM
Wow, thats strange, its 84 degrees in warrington, Ive just been sat outside in me trunks havin an ice cream ;)

:---)

](*,)

Luckypants
19-08-07, 06:54 PM
sat outside in me trunks havin an ice cream ;)OMG!!! That's an image my mind did not need! Christ! Gonna have nightmares now! :shaking:

Lissa
19-08-07, 06:58 PM
Damn! Damn! Damn! It is blowing a gale and hammering down in N. Wales! Was planning to go pre-ride the ride out route today for up to date information on roadworks, petrol and ice cream stops. Not in this!

Riding on your own in the pouring rain is not a fun ride!

Fed up now doing housework................. :smt097

We just did 50 miles home in rain so heavy even ducks were wearing snorkels. Larry soaked up so much water he weighed as much as I did:-D

Still better than doing housework tho!

Luckypants
19-08-07, 07:00 PM
We just did 50 miles home in rain so heavy even ducks were wearing snorkels. Larry soaked up so much water he weighed as much as I did:-D

Still better than doing housework tho!

Probably right Lissa, but if we get a decent evening then at least I can get out then without feeling guilty.

Lissa
19-08-07, 07:02 PM
Probably right Lissa, but if we get a decent evening then at least I can get out then without feeling guilty.

Mike..................NEVER feel guilty about not doing housework!

You dust...................dust comes back!

:D:D:D:D

Richie
19-08-07, 07:51 PM
Drizzeling all day today, hasn't stopped at all, now cold winds are blowing.
Still managed to do a test ride on my bike... All is well...

touch wood.

Luckypants
19-08-07, 08:47 PM
Mike..................NEVER feel guilty about not doing housework!

You dust...................dust comes back!

:D:D:D:D
well I don't as a rule hun. But if my ex turns up, I like the place to look neat to prove 'f@*K you, I don't need you!' :smt097 lol! and she was coming today to take our son out. We are pretty amicable, but you know what I mean.....

I also pay someone to do the real hard work..... having two retrievers, the enemy is hair.....

Luckypants
19-08-07, 08:48 PM
Drizzeling all day today, hasn't stopped at all, now cold winds are blowing.
Still managed to do a test ride on my bike... All is well...

touch wood.

Well done that man. any chance you can make it to the N. Wales ride out? will be a giggle! Saturday only is a possibility, stay at mine with the other reprobates......... :-D

Bluepete
19-08-07, 09:14 PM
We got out to Hoghton Tower for the farmers market, the lunch at the Richester Arms and a walk down the river. Bit moist (that word makes me giggle, never grew up) but no rain.

Pedro68
20-08-07, 08:54 AM
Weather report for the North West this week looks pretty good :)
Sunshine, odd bits of cloud here n there, temps not exactly "sizzling", but at least it looks like it's gonna be DRY! Yayyyy!
So Mike reckon you should be able to get out and pre-ride the route one evening this week dead easy ;-)

Pete

Luckypants
20-08-07, 09:19 AM
So Mike reckon you should be able to get out and pre-ride the route one evening this week dead easy ;-)

Pete:smt097On call this week, so cannot be too far away from a phone. And pre-riding that route will take a bit more than a couple of hours! :smt045

Pedro68
20-08-07, 09:37 AM
:smt097On call this week, so cannot be too far away from a phone. And pre-riding that route will take a bit more than a couple of hours! :smt045
Sorry Mike, I thought you said you were hoping to pre-ride the route one evening this week ... I shoulda read the post a bit more closely :oops: What you actually said was that you were hoping to get out for an evening ride ... I stand corrected ;)
Still, weather should be ok for the evening ride :cheers:

Pete

plowsie
20-08-07, 10:27 AM
I polished the bike up for 3 hours yesterday, only to go to the missus's and have her get poured on on the way over :( My downpipe looked so good at one point :( Kwak u'd be a little bit proud of me ;)

Luckypants
20-08-07, 11:15 AM
no worries Pete. The best I can hope for is trip over to Llan on the bike (20 minutes) seeing as I cannot hear the phone on the bike :D

stewie
20-08-07, 12:43 PM
Weather report for the North West this week looks pretty good :)
Sunshine, odd bits of cloud here n there, temps not exactly "sizzling", but at least it looks like it's gonna be DRY! Yayyyy!

Pete

See, told you all yesterday, now where,s me trunks and cornetto :D

glsuk1970
20-08-07, 02:30 PM
I braved the dreadful weather yesterday for a few miles, about 6 miles actually. My mate came over from Liverpool on his new VFR800. Got 2 miles from my house and he dropped it joining a sliproad, only the second time he's ridden it and the first time with his new leathers and lid. Bloody weather :smt077

plowsie
20-08-07, 02:31 PM
I braved the dreadful weather yesterday for a few miles, about 6 miles actually. My mate came over from Liverpool on his new VFR800. Got 2 miles from my house and he dropped it joining a sliproad, only the second time he's ridden it and the first time with his new leathers and lid. Bloody weather :smt077
:eek: Get well soon that man

glsuk1970
20-08-07, 02:51 PM
Thanks, plowsie. He escaped with a few cuts and bruises so it could have been worse.

markmoto
20-08-07, 02:52 PM
Thanks, plowsie. He escaped with a few cuts and bruises so it could have been worse.

I imagine his pride was more dented than anything :(

Luckypants
20-08-07, 02:55 PM
Never mind that!!! What about his viffer?? :smt077

markmoto
20-08-07, 02:57 PM
few scratches i would imagine :-( bet that was a choker on a new bike.

stewie
20-08-07, 03:00 PM
Wow thats bad luck, still the main thing is he,s ok and the bike can be sorted through the insurance, hopw he,s back riding soon

glsuk1970
20-08-07, 03:00 PM
Pride and VFR damaged but repairable. The bike's in my garage now and the damage is LHS front and lower fairing thoroughly scratched, clutch lever slightly damaged and a scratch to the plastic around the rear grab handle. Someone's coming out tonight to take a look and give an estimate.

Worst thing was the bike wouldn't start so we had to call the RAC out and get the bike collected. Not a good day.

Luckypants
20-08-07, 03:24 PM
Ohhh nasty. LHS Viffer VTEC can be expensive. There is the side-pod radiator, the coolant header tank and the battery on that side. Whoever looks at it will need to remove the fairing to get a good look. Take off the seat and check the battery connections (lhs of seat and top of fairing panels) as it does not look a right secure system to me.

Let me know if I can help at all.

plowsie
20-08-07, 03:26 PM
Ohhh nasty. LHS Viffer VTEC can be expensive. There is the side-pod radiator, the coolant header tank and the battery on that side. Whoever looks at it will need to remove the fairing to get a good look. Take off the seat and check the battery connections (lhs of seat and top of fairing panels) as it does not look a right secure system to me.

Let me know if I can help at all.
You could give him yours :rolleyes:

glsuk1970
20-08-07, 03:27 PM
There didn't seem to be any coolant leaking at the scene but I plan to remove the fairings tonight and have a better poke around. Thanks for the advice Mike and I'll PM you if I need to pick your VFR brain again!