PDA

View Full Version : Nicky Hayden-NYT article.

Pedrosa
21-08-07, 09:58 AM
This is an excellent piece written for a mainstream readership and not a bike racing fan base. It allows the rider to gain an incite into Moto GP and the lifestyle and background to the current world champion.

Grab a coffee and spend 10 minutes to read it, I am sure that you will enjoy it just as much as I did.

P.s. Nicky has his 2006 winning bike at home in his garage, he has a clause written in to his contract that sees him keep any bike he wins a championship on.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/19/sports/playmagazine/0819play-hayden.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2

Alpinestarhero
21-08-07, 10:33 AM
“If you put [Stoner] on Nicky's bike, he wouldn't have won any races. I guarantee that.”

Said Mr R. Mamola...

Matt

Dave The Rave
21-08-07, 11:18 AM
I liked the artickle. Well written. I never liked hm bt over all he seems to be well level headed.

As for Stoner ... he's come long way. From a crashing kid to someone who is so consistent. I agree that this year tire rules and great Ducati bike help him a lot. It is a shame the other manufacturers are not able to bring something more competitive. Bring the 999's back!

Scoobs
21-08-07, 12:47 PM
Worth a read.

carelesschucca
21-08-07, 09:50 PM
Said Mr R. Mamola...

Matt

He made the right choice then, can't blame him for that, better to be a works rider with a 'small team' than an also ran with the might of HONDA!!!