PDA

View Full Version : WSBK Goes StateSide (again)

Alpinestarhero
22-08-07, 05:43 PM
America is now on the calender for WSBK, after an agreement to run WSBK at Miller Motorsports Park was made

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~5~id~153296.htm

Hoorah!

Now they need a round in japan

Matt

sinbad
22-08-07, 05:57 PM
That's good, I always like to see new tracks on the calendars of the big series'.

Agree about Japan, it's incredible that there isn't one at the mo' (was Sugo the last?), lots of great tracks and obviously a lot of interest.

trickywoos
22-08-07, 08:52 PM
Great to have the stateside round again, but would like to keep the 3 rounds in the UK, which isn't happening next year....... Oh Well. Time to save the money to go abroad for them!

Keith1983
23-08-07, 08:48 AM
I guess for the size of the uk we are quite lucky to even have 2 rounds! Not that I'm pleased we are losing one.

Alpinestarhero
23-08-07, 09:42 AM
I'm happy to loose one round. Traditioanly, donners was the UK round, and brands the european round, which I feel should remain. I would like to see one less round in italy too (there are three this season!) and a move to japan. I don't like how the WSBK championship resides in europe alot.

It would be great if WSBK went to sepang instead of Qatar too

Matt

Keith1983
23-08-07, 09:44 AM
Surely though, it isn't down to the fans to choose where they go ultimately the mentioned places particularly Japan in my opinion need to provide suitable venues and infastructure to accomodate WSB it's not like the people in charge can just say IO know lets go to Japan this year and everything falls in to place!

Alpinestarhero
23-08-07, 09:57 AM
Surely though, it isn't down to the fans to choose where they go ultimately the mentioned places particularly Japan in my opinion need to provide suitable venues and infastructure to accomodate WSB it's not like the people in charge can just say IO know lets go to Japan this year and everything falls in to place!

Oh yea, definatly. I wouldnt want the WSBK to go to Suzuka, for example, after the death of Dajiro Kato. But it would be good if the WSBK bosses started to hold talks with tracks, to see who would be willing to update facilities to allow WSBK to come back

Its a world championship at the end of the day, and so should stretch to as many parts of the globe as it can

Matt