PDA

View Full Version : Dani Pedrosa in advanced negotiations with Kawasaki!

Pedrosa
23-08-07, 10:26 AM
According to the Spanish sports newspaper AS,(slightly less reliable on occasion than the other sports rag MARCA) Dani Pedrosa is deep in talks with the Team Green people.

The problem?

HRC want him to sign a 3 year contract,Dani wants just a 12 month extension.

He is disgusted at the failure of both Honda and Michelin to provide a competitive,(read-consistant race winning package) for himself and Nicky Hayden this season.

The answer?

Kawasaki are offering him a financial package way beyond that of HRC.

The Kawasaki bike is under performing due to it's exisitng rider line up and next year will have the benefit of Hopkins development input.

Kawasaki will once again be shod with Bridgestone tyres.

So the gamble?

HRC one would imagine are bound to have a much improved package next year as many heads will have been banged together behind close doors.

It is a long time since Kawasaki have been genuine contenders for the title, can Dani and Hoppers be the one's to help them climb the podium again?

What you think folks? Is this option a real possibility?:confused:

The Basket
23-08-07, 10:39 AM
Are you yanking my crank, Pedrosa!?!

If pedrosa leaves Honda then he is a total eejit. Honda will come good long before Kwak do.

Kwak don't exactly have a record anywhere near Hondas at top level racing. Anthony West is a good rider with plenty of potential. I would give him another year and ditch De Puniet.

Pedrosa
23-08-07, 11:04 AM
Are you yanking my crank, Pedrosa!?!

If pedrosa leaves Honda then he is a total eejit. Honda will come good long before Kwak do.

Kwak don't exactly have a record anywhere near Hondas at top level racing. Anthony West is a good rider with plenty of potential. I would give him another year and ditch De Puniet.

The article is here for you to confirm, maybe you might consider that the opportunity is similar to Rossi moving to Yamaha and turning their fortunes around? (I am not saying that Dani has the same amount of skills to do that, just that this is maybe an interesting factor for him?)

http://www.as.com/articulo/motor/Pedrosa/negocia/Kawasaki/2008/dasmot/20070822dasdaimot_7/Tes/

The Basket
23-08-07, 11:26 AM
Dani wants race wins not cash.

Look at Nakano. Leaves Kwak and gets a useless Honda. I bet he no wish he did that.
Pedrosa will need his head examining to leave Honda. Especially with Lorenzo on the way. I think Lorenzo will be huge and he has the attitude to go with it. Rossi will leave in a few years and Stoner can't win every race for ever.
Pedrosa is struggling and Hayden is starting to beat him. The grass is always greener on the other side and nothing is as green as Kwak.
He is probably doing all this to swing the Honda contract his way. But if he moans and cries like Biaggi then off to WSB he'll go.

Talking of Biaggi, I thought he would like a shot in Motogp next year. Plan a musnt be working.

fizzwheel
23-08-07, 06:04 PM
Now theres a turn up for the books, bet thats a big kick in the pants for HRC, even if it is a rumour. I suspect he wont stay though, remember to Honda the bike is everything...

They'd be a fool to let him go, and what a coup for Kawasaki.

sinbad
23-08-07, 07:43 PM
You never know. Take Stoner+Ducati out of the equation and it's closer than it has been for some time between the rest. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kwaks on the podium next year, but it would be a gambling man to bet on the green machines being more competitive than the Honda.

Pedrosa
23-08-07, 09:38 PM
I guess one's view is based on looking at the overall picture..which would favour loyalty to Honda.....or a protest decision being made on the back of what can thus far only be considered a disastrous year for HRC.

We are after all talkling about THE biggest motor manufacturer in the world having their a+s handed to them by a cottage industry factory called Ducati.It' insane that Stoner is doing anything like he is,

Basket...You telling me that Nakano making a Honda ride this year would have normally been considered a bad move? If so that flies in the face of your comments made in connection with Dani.

HRC do not want to see Dani leave, they have invested massively in him from an early age. He has always ridden Hoinda all the way through the ranks,(unlike Rossi) They know he is the future and have admitted publically already that they "miscalculated" what the competition would come up with this season. I do though expect them to come back with a bang next year,but will the Michelins have improved enough to see the rewards delivered?

The Basket
23-08-07, 10:22 PM
Ah not so Mr H.
Dani is the favoured son of Honda and is works team. Nakano has a customer bike. He gets seconds but never top table. If he stayed at Kwak he would be doing far better than he is now.

Nakano is probably wishing Green! But Honda may improve next year.

Next year. there will be some excellent riders on some excellent bikes. If Pedrosa wants to win then he has to stick with Honda. Lorenzo is my pick for next year. Plus Melandri on the Duke. A last role Rossi and Hayden and Stoner.

Odd to think that Gibernau could have ridden Kwak this year. I bet he wishes he had now.

Pedrosa
24-08-07, 01:35 PM
I would be extremely happy to see Jorge win the title next year,but in reality that is a massive ask. I strongly believe that the bikes will be a lot closer in performance next year,(thankfully) and the true battlers in the field may be the one's at the forefront of the championship.

De Puniet has signed for LCR Honda and will replace Carlos Checa and oddly rumours abound that Nakano will return to Kawasaki?

I am now beginning to wonder just how much those epic battles with Sete in 2003 and 2004 took out of Valentino as though, still a class act he just doesn't seem to be the rider he was,(equipment limitations not withstanding)

The Basket
24-08-07, 10:27 PM
Depuniet was never going to get anywhere. I think Hopkins could star if the Kwak is good.

Maybe Nakano for development. But Guintolli has impressed. Deserves something.

Rossi fading? I will wait until I say that...but I do the magic has gone.

Lorenzo is Biaggi jnr and Rossi in the same garage won't work. It really won't. Fun for gossip though.

West n Hopper for Kwak! You heard it here first!

Bikerjm81
25-08-07, 04:08 PM
Kwak would certainly be lucky to bag Pedrosa in my opinion. Though as said above, Honda aren't going to do nothing... The season they've had with Pedrosa and the reigning champion has been shocking.... they'll be ready for next season with new kit etc.

Pedrosa should acknowledge this, and if he goes... then it's his tough s**t if HRC suddenly turn things around!

ASM-Forever
25-08-07, 05:48 PM
Anthony West is a good rider with plenty of potential. I would give him another year and ditch De Puniet.

You must be joking surely?

I would far rather have de Puniet any day of the week. Just look at their comparative performances....assuming Pedrosa stays put then Hops and de Puniet all the way.

If we all wern't desperate for a decent brit....West wouldn't get a look in.

The Basket
26-08-07, 08:03 AM
You must be joking surely?

I would far rather have de Puniet any day of the week. Just look at their comparative performances....assuming Pedrosa stays put then Hops and de Puniet all the way.

If we all wern't desperate for a decent brit....West wouldn't get a look in.

Eh? West is Australian not British. West had never ridden or tested the Kwak before he raced on it. He has made it up as he went along.

The fact that De Puniet has left is an indicate that he saw the chop.

West has more potential than De Puniet any day of the week. If he stays at Kwak then they agree with me.

ASM-Forever
26-08-07, 09:13 PM
Eh? West is Australian not British. West had never ridden or tested the Kwak before he raced on it. He has made it up as he went along.

The fact that De Puniet has left is an indicate that he saw the chop.

West has more potential than De Puniet any day of the week. If he stays at Kwak then they agree with me.

My mistake :p

I would have de Puniet over West every time...maybe i'm in the minority :(

Too many aussies infesting GP as it is anyhow :D

The Basket
26-08-07, 10:03 PM
I think De Puniet is a good journeyman rider who can do a good job. But no spark.

Hopkins has the ability to ride over the edge. I think West could do that also.

fizzwheel
31-08-07, 12:25 PM
Hopkins has the ability to ride over the edge. I think West could do that also.

Seems that Kawasaki agree with you, according to Motogp.com they've signed west for next year.

The Basket
31-08-07, 07:00 PM
I don't want to say I was right but....

I WAS RIGHT!:smt041:cool::p
Wont last though:smt009

ASM-Forever
31-08-07, 09:47 PM
Nope you're all wrong....de Puniet will privateer it all the way to the championship next year :)