PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a ride this Saturday?(01/09)

ASM-Forever
28-08-07, 09:33 PM
Just thought i would see if anyone is up for a blast on Saturday as its my last day of bike related liberty.

I'm pretty flexible on distance/route....might even be an option to go Oxford way or if you have the cojones hit the coast again. It was a good ride on Monday...shame it was just the two of us.

It will be a good chance to check SDMF for a pulse and to see Warthogs boots. Heck the ape might even be able to escape the kids :p

So anyone?

fat_brstd
28-08-07, 10:21 PM
well im in if its on saturday (got to be back for me mums bday dinner in the evening but im free all day) and ive even managed to bang together a route, no idear how long its gonna take but if you ride balls out the whole way probably just over an hour or if we take our time then anything upto 3 with stops if you guys fancy a sober coke or even a bite to eat halfway round.

As for how to organise keeping everyone together, my plan would be to lead as i have some idea where we would be going, then have whoever is willing to volunteer as the slowest behind me followed by everyone else and then probably big ape at the back (assuming he can come) as he probably has the most group riding experiance out of all of us, Also we should opperate a mirrors pollicy which is if you cant see them in your mirrors, wait. Also no more than 30 mph above the speed limit (cause instant ban sucks), NO UNDERTAKING (cause it is very very stupid, just wait till you can do it propperly) and if we come accross any learner drivers give them lots of room as that is one of my pet hates, they are already scared enough as it is without someone with 110db exhaust cutting them up its about being a nice person.

I have made provisions for a fuel stop right at the beggining and i bet you all get better fuel economy than me so we will not be running out of fuel halfway round.

anyway onto the route (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=51.823896,-0.65094&spn=0.409969,0.933838&z=10&om=1&msid=117230864250652841985.000438c7c06b1ce2194a4)

(And i know i started it as close to my house as possible but its easy to get to from both oxford (M40) and marlow (marlow hill). Or alternitively we could meet at that pub (the fluer de lis) we all went to for that social night in the rain as thats only about 10 mins from the start of the fun part of the route and we all know where it is and its on a pretty nice road.

ASM-Forever
28-08-07, 10:24 PM
Surely your fuel economy cant be as bad as mine?

fat_brstd
28-08-07, 10:32 PM
Surely your fuel economy cant be as bad as mine?

ive got through a whole tank in 75miles. 1 litre v-twin eats fuel and has a tiny tank, fill her up less than a tenner if you do it as soon as the light comes on

ASM-Forever
28-08-07, 10:51 PM
Just looked at the route....looks pretty tasty to me and im up for it :)

Now we just need to recruit the others.

fat_brstd
28-08-07, 11:32 PM
ok just had a quick go at trying to work out the time this ride is going to take and its coming in at about 65 to 70 miles. This can be made longer or shorter depending on what people want to do. I can cut i down to maybe 60 or if we go upto buckingham and back thats another 30miles of really good fast a road giving a total of about 100 miles. so its up to you guys, 60miles or 100miles, either way i dont care even if its raining.

rictus01
29-08-07, 01:57 AM
well was looking for something this weekend, but to be honest it looks a little to A road biased to me, could be a bit boring, Hm......... have to see.

Cheers Mark.

Warthog
29-08-07, 08:33 AM
Looks really good, I am busy in the afternoon however. What time would you be doing the Thame to Bicester bit, as I can pop out for the morning possibly. Up until about 11:30-12:00 I am free.

Sosha
29-08-07, 10:42 AM
tempted...

Messie
29-08-07, 03:29 PM
mmmmm possibly an Essex girl joining you too....

philbut
29-08-07, 03:50 PM
Unfortunately lads I'm gonna have to pass YET AGAIN as I'm off in Spain for the week. Ah well, it's a hard life. Have a good un anyway.

Phil

StreetHawk
29-08-07, 04:05 PM
Saturday is not good for me.. If you have an early start then I might get away with an hour or two..

Not checked the route yet, will take a looksie now..

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 04:48 PM
Saturday is not good for me.. If you have an early start then I might get away with an hour or two..

Not checked the route yet, will take a looksie now..

Come on you big gay.....just get her some more rock ;)

StreetHawk
29-08-07, 05:34 PM
Got footy... We entertain the Hammers this sat..

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 05:58 PM
Got footy... We entertain the Hammers this sat..

Gives you a chance to see Shorey playing in claret then ;)

sarah
29-08-07, 05:59 PM
Got footy... We entertain the Hammers fans this sat by losing miserably..

:smt045

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 06:07 PM
:smt045

Surely not a Hammers fan?

You don't seem the apples and pears, eal pie type!

Stig
29-08-07, 06:24 PM
There is a REMOTE possibility that I could attend this one. If we start early enough. I'd also like to extend the route and invite everyone back to my house in Newbury after the ride for bacon butties and drinks.

Mark, if your interested in the ride I can treat you to some of my local B roads from Reading to Newbury. I am sure you won't be disapointed with them.

sarah
29-08-07, 06:39 PM
Surely not a Hammers fan?

You don't seem the apples and pears, eal pie type!

I wouldn't describe myself as a fan, just have a bit of a soft spot for them.

Messie
29-08-07, 06:44 PM
Mark, if your interested in the ride I can treat you to some of my local B roads from Reading to Newbury. I am sure you won't be disapointed with them.[/quote]

:(:(:( no invite for me then? :(:(:(

Stig
29-08-07, 06:51 PM
Mark, if your interested in the ride I can treat you to some of my local B roads from Reading to Newbury. I am sure you won't be disappointed with them.

:(:(:( no invite for me then? :(:(:([/quote]

Hell Sal. You don't need an invite your automatically invited. Your practically family girl. :roll: :wink:

Messie
29-08-07, 07:07 PM
:(:(:( no invite for me then? :(:(:(

Hell Sal. You don't need an invite your automatically invited. Your practically family girl. :roll: :wink:[/quote]

Aw shucks hun. I'm fillin up now. :)

Warthog
29-08-07, 07:13 PM
Looks like early suits a few people, any idea of times then?

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 07:18 PM
Looks like early suits a few people, any idea of times then?

You must be joking.....we lack cohesion and organisation :p

If early is the consensus thats fine with me. Might also mean that both Nick's can come as well.

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 07:20 PM
Mark, if your interested in the ride I can treat you to some of my local B roads from Reading to Newbury. I am sure you won't be disapointed with them.

Steady on man i've only met you once ;)(yes i know you mean rictus :p )

sarah
29-08-07, 07:20 PM
You must be joking.....we lack cohesion and organisation :p

If early is the consensus thats fine with me. Might also mean that both Nick's can come as well.

[-X What's with the apostrophe?

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 07:23 PM

Its there for aesthetic reasons....

sarah
29-08-07, 07:27 PM

:---) And I presume you left that one out for the same reasons!

Stig
29-08-07, 07:27 PM

Good come back. :lol: I shall have to remember that one.

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 07:30 PM
Good come back. :lol: I shall have to remember that one.

ASM 1-0 Sarah

The ape has spoken!

:takeabow:

sarah
29-08-07, 07:34 PM
ASM 1-0 Sarah

The ape has spoken!

:takeabow:

So, it's a competition now is it?

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 07:46 PM
So, it's a competition now is it?

Like you didn't know :p

Anyhow stop your incessant derailing of this vital thread [-X

Stig
29-08-07, 07:49 PM
Why is there no poll :?: :roll:

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 07:54 PM
Why is there no poll :?: :roll:

Because i seem to remember you saying its awkward to add one after the initial post....so i thought i wouldn't include one. :rolleyes:

In reality my first post was so vague that i was just seeing if anyone was interested...i didn't even suggest timings/route.

Stig
29-08-07, 07:57 PM
Because i seem to remember you saying its awkward to add one after the initial post....so i thought i wouldn't include one. :rolleyes:

In reality my first post was so vague that i was just seeing if anyone was interested...i didn't even suggest timings/route.

Forward thinking :?:

ASM-Forever
29-08-07, 07:59 PM
Forward thinking :?:

You really dont know me do you!

The only reason we let Sarah lurk around here is to take care of such things.

sarah
29-08-07, 08:02 PM
The reason we let Sarah lurk around here is because she is great.

:oops:

fat_brstd
29-08-07, 08:56 PM
OK Guys, ive just tried out the route this very evening and it came in at 107.8km (107.8 kilometers = 66.9838145 miles) and took 1hr and 17mins with no stops starting a 7:40pm. I wasnt going flat out but was still using the extra power my tl has over an sv and also it was just me so i didnt have to worry about getting lost or anything. That means I think that we are looking at probably a 2 hour round trip depending if people want lunch in a pub (i do cause i love pubs)

Also on the ride today I noted 3 speed cameras which could have effect on us, the first 2 are between bister and aylsburry and both are very obvious (one immidiately after the right turn onto the a41 and the other in some town a few miles down the road) and the third is in hazelmere on the very last streatch of the run and is kinda hidden if you only have one eye and theres a cheerleading squad practicing in pub carpark oposite. I will try my best to point it out to everyone as we go past.

The only other thing is i reallised just how slow i am on hard b roads, so i suggest that someone with a bit more pace take us from chesham back to the missenden bypass at which point i will easily be able to catch up and lead the rest of the way as the bypass can be a very fast route. Also if anyone knows the thame to bicester road and fancies leading cause im only going to take it easy over that as yet again i screwed up that damn chicane and ive only ridden the road twice.

Other thing is what time do people want to start, im happy to take it easy on friday night and be up at say 9 (thats earlier than i get up for work ffs) but i think 10 is most likely a better time but its up to you guys, i dont care as long as we get to a ride basicly and it doesnt have to be the route ive mapped out, if anyones got a better route then feel free to put it up, even if we dont use it this weekend there are always going to be more chances to ride.

as for following ape back to his that sounds like a plan as long as i can work out how to get back to amersham for the evening.

Warthog
30-08-07, 09:20 AM
I am currently thinking about joining you in High Wycombe at 9-10 whenever it is, and riding til Ambrosden, when I'll have to love you and leave you to get back to meet my friend who is coming to visit. That should get me back for 11:30 I reckon. I love that Thame to Bicester road as well, but my mate Stu was leading when I rode it. This all depends of course on whether I go out on Friday night! Currently I have no plans (read: no friends :()

SDMF
30-08-07, 04:12 PM
Hmmmm i could be tempted to come along. Not too sure yet- will be tomorrow before I give a definitive answer to whether I can or not...

StreetHawk
30-08-07, 05:01 PM
I should be adle to make it for a few hours but probly won't have time to grab bacon butties at Ape's place tho (cheers for the invite).. Need to back in M'head for 12ish..

Stig
30-08-07, 05:09 PM
I'm going to sit back and go with the flow. I can make early if early is the call. I get up circa 6-6.30am every morning regardless of work or not. So an early start for me is no problem.

Stig
30-08-07, 05:26 PM
Well that was short lived.

Jo has been given the chance of work. When it's cash in hand, you just don't turn it down. :roll:

The offer of butties and drink however is still on. If Mark (rictus) or Sally (messie) are still going, either one of them know where I live and will gladly lead you in. :thumbsup:

If things change and I can make it after all, I'll let you know.

fat_brstd
30-08-07, 06:21 PM
how does a 9am meet with the ride starting at 9.30 sound to everyone? Stupid early i know but if we are lucky then most of the cars wont be out by then. bumped into another sv owner i know from another pub i frequent and got his number, he seems up for it depending what time he gets back from the ace on friday night and i told him a 9am start.

Warthog
30-08-07, 08:58 PM
Ok mate I'll see what I can do. Don't wait for me though, others have my mob number.

StreetHawk
31-08-07, 11:30 AM
I'm 99%... May bring a mate too.. :-)

Sosha
31-08-07, 11:33 AM
So would that be 9-9:30 High Wic train station car park?

ASM-Forever
31-08-07, 11:57 AM
So would that be 9-9:30 High Wic train station car park?

Indeed.

Messie
31-08-07, 03:50 PM
Soriry I can't now do this either. Hope to make another one if another one is arranged.

Have fun y'all

ASM-Forever
31-08-07, 06:04 PM
I may have to go to Hillingdon to do some paperwork/pre-op and other crap, so its looking likely that im now not coming either :(

I'll still try and get there, but don't wait for me. If i do turn up, its obviously a massive bonus for you all :)

fat_brstd
31-08-07, 06:05 PM
so at the moment it looks like its me, my mate from the pub, asm, nick + 1, warthog and sosha? Riticus and sdmf you coming as well sounds like its going to end up being pretty fun. I guess its official for a 9am meet with the ride beginning at 9.30 sharp.

rictus01
01-09-07, 07:06 AM
Well been up over an Hour already, but looks like the knee isn't playing this morning can't walk yet, so I'm not going to make the start.

if it improves I may make the end point, reacon you'll be there for about 11 or so, but no promises.

Warthog
01-09-07, 09:00 AM
Well that was lame. I overslept and woke up at 9. I thought I'd still try to make the start but I was still on the Oxford ringroad at 9:25 when a cloudburst soaked me so I gave up I'm afraid. Sorry for missing out, hope you have a good ride and see you next time!

StreetHawk
01-09-07, 11:54 AM
I didn't make it either.. The OT has other plans for this morning.. My fault as I didn't tell her I was going till this morning. Had to keep her happy this time as she is hobbling about at the mo. :-(

fat_brstd
01-09-07, 12:54 PM
well you all missed out, it was a great fun ride followed by a nice pub lunch. and now the suns out. I think sarah is not best pleased with asm but we found a nice place where we can trade him in for a new better model that doesnt want to organise stuff and then not show when it was all his idea in the first place.

Sosha
01-09-07, 12:55 PM
Cheers FB - top route, great pub and an excellent thai Curry -:cool:

ASM-Forever
01-09-07, 01:29 PM
I think sarah is not best pleased with asm but we found a nice place where we can trade him in for a new better model that doesnt want to organise stuff and then not show when it was all his idea in the first place.

Meh...i did post if you go back a page, saying i had to go to the hospital(again) for the pre-op. They keep taking blood so often, im pretty sure they are selling it.

So i was in crappy Hillingdon, god awful place that it is, whilst you guys were blasting down A-roads.....i know who got the ****ty deal.

I think its a better idea to blame the two Nicks...who gave no notice ;)

sarah
01-09-07, 02:53 PM
I may have to go to Hillingdon to do some paperwork/pre-op and other crap, so its looking likely that im now not coming either :(

What a **** excuse.

sarah
01-09-07, 02:55 PM
Got home about half an hour ago, absolutely knackered.

Fab route FB and even fabbier pub for lunch, thanks :smt023

Was nice to meet a couple of new faces too.

eviltwin
01-09-07, 03:10 PM
Good ride, good lunch, good company. Cheers FB

ASM-Forever
01-09-07, 04:04 PM
Got home about half an hour ago, absolutely knackered.

Why?

I assume ET was doing all the work :p

sarah
01-09-07, 04:27 PM
Why?

I assume ET was doing all the work :p

I had to hang on!

eviltwin
01-09-07, 06:36 PM
I skived the rideout to watch Reading get well and truly stuffed by the mighty hammers and even that scummy little Welshman scored against us

:smt043

Law
02-09-07, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 http://forums.sv650.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1275823#post1275823)
I skived the rideout to watch Reading get well and truly stuffed by the mighty hammers and even that scummy little Welshman scored against us

Mighty Hammers?? ET, my opinion of you has gone down.

Oh, and no one mention the London derby yesterday. That was worse than losing 2-0.

StreetHawk
02-09-07, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by nick_1871 http://forums.sv650.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1275823#post1275823)

Did you have to remind me of that... I get in last night and it's on Match of the day aswell, the worst game I've had to sit through for a while..

Still.. At least we are in the Premier league by right and not by fielding illegal players.. :-)