View Full Version : Tuesday 04/09/07 Shire Horse Pub

Stig
01-09-07, 02:11 PM
How time flys by when your having fun eh :?:

It's that time again. Who's up for the social meet :?:

From 7 onwards. A nice poll added to, just the way it should be :wink:

fat_brstd
01-09-07, 04:08 PM
any chance of a quick link to its location on a map?

is it this one?:

Shire Horse
Bath Road, Littlewick Green, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 3QA
01628 825335

cause if it is im in.

StreetHawk
01-09-07, 05:01 PM
I have a Hospital appointment on monday and my OT will be upset on wednesday so tuesday I am free*...

*Subject to change at any time without giving prior notice :-)

StreetHawk
01-09-07, 05:01 PM
any chance of a quick link to its location on a map?

is it this one?:

Shire Horse
Bath Road, Littlewick Green, Maidenhead, Berkshire, SL6 3QA
01628 825335

cause if it is im in.

Yep, thats the one.. easy to get to..

Stig
01-09-07, 08:12 PM
It's one of the four listed meeting places on the where we are map. :wink:

Warthog
02-09-07, 07:56 PM
Yep I should be fine for this! Philbut is on holiday still I think, but I'll ask my mate Stu.

stevehaskew
03-09-07, 08:49 AM
Need a poll option for "I probably will, but I'm so disorganised that I might have planned something else and forgotten about it."

So yeah, hopefully see you there!

KnightRider
03-09-07, 03:44 PM
Count me in.

ASM-Forever
04-09-07, 09:17 AM
Im in hospital, high as a kite:)

sarah
04-09-07, 09:19 AM
Im in hospital, high as a kite:)

Have they chopped your knee up yet?

ASM-Forever
04-09-07, 09:23 AM
Yes.

i dont recommend it. hurts like feck.

It doesnt help the keyboard is the size of a mars-bar.

sarah
04-09-07, 09:24 AM
Yes.

i dont recommend it. hurts like feck.

It doesnt help the keyboard is the size of a mars-bar.

:smt056

Got good drugs?

When do you get to go home?

ASM-Forever
04-09-07, 09:36 AM
lots of drugs.....they have ruined me.

dunno when im going home...cant stand or move atm.

sarah
04-09-07, 09:42 AM
cant stand or move atm.

Sounds like you're defo ready for the scrapheap/recycling then!

Sosha
04-09-07, 11:09 AM
Might actually make this.....

fat_brstd
04-09-07, 11:22 AM
ill see you all at the pub, anyone know if they do food or should i eat before i leave?

StreetHawk
04-09-07, 11:26 AM
ill see you all at the pub, anyone know if they do food or should i eat before i leave?

They do food, it's actually more of a restaurant than a pub.. Probly best to get a table outside if it's warm enough!

Warthog
04-09-07, 11:44 AM
I am eating beforehand, might be 30 mins late. See you all there!

stevehaskew
04-09-07, 02:00 PM
I'm also going to eat beforehand, but it's pretty close to me, so I shouldn't be too late.

SDMF
04-09-07, 04:15 PM
I should be there from just after 7..

StreetHawk
04-09-07, 04:44 PM
My mate is coming too... Justin on his Fazer 600.. Well, he said he is!

stevehaskew
04-09-07, 10:27 PM
Good to see you all again guys! Was good listening to Rictus' words of wisdom on just about any bike-related topic. Hope I didn't slow people down on the way back too much!

SDMF
04-09-07, 10:34 PM
Good to see you all again! Nice to see Sosha too- sorry I didn't introduce myself though..
Seems that Draggin Jeans and a leather jacket wasn't the best attire to wear- was pretty damn chilly on the way home!

Stig
04-09-07, 10:46 PM
Good to see all again. Sorry for not going on the mini rideout. Too damn cold for me.

I'm typing this and my fingers are white cold and numb. It's officially getting colder. :sad:

Indeed a good turnout too. Can't really remember numbers but I'm sure I it was more than the number of fingers that I have so it was lots. :lol:

fat_brstd
04-09-07, 11:03 PM
had a really nice time in the pub, shame on the way home my engine blew, suspected big end, no idea whats done it but im guessing it was missed shift that chucked the rpm well into the red range whilst the oil was probably not quite up to temp although the engine was reading about 75deg when i noticed it. A mile later on and it just started clunking. got the bike back to a garage and will be down there first thing in the morning. What a wonderfull way to ruin a perfectly good evening. at least the recovery guy was only 15mins instead of the quoted 90.

rictus01
05-09-07, 01:19 AM

Ohhh, sounds like an expensive ride home, and there was me thinking the exhaust note sounded nice when you pulled away up to the roundabout.

Hope it's nothing to serious.

Nice to meet thoughs I hadn't before and again those I had.

18 minutes back to Hammersmith, the flyover was closed so the Lovely Anna made me a brew, before the last leg home.

Good night out.

Cheers Mark.

ASM-Forever
05-09-07, 05:56 AM
Damn.....the one time i dont go, you get rictus.

Sorry to hear about the bike FB....hopefully it wont cost as much as you think it will.

ASM-Forever
05-09-07, 06:00 AM
Indeed a good turnout too. Can't really remember numbers but I'm sure I it was more than the number of fingers that I have so it was lots. :lol:

More than 4 people then....:smt116

sarah
05-09-07, 06:27 AM
my engine blew

****, how annoying. Hope you manage to get it fixed quickly and cheaply.

Warthog
05-09-07, 08:33 AM
had a really nice time in the pub, shame on the way home my engine blew, suspected big end, no idea whats done it but im guessing it was missed shift that chucked the rpm well into the red range whilst the oil was probably not quite up to temp although the engine was reading about 75deg when i noticed it. A mile later on and it just started clunking. got the bike back to a garage and will be down there first thing in the morning. What a wonderfull way to ruin a perfectly good evening. at least the recovery guy was only 15mins instead of the quoted 90.

Oh man, thats a big shame! Hope it's not too expensive and you can get back on the road asap. It was good meeting the rest of you, although the run back to Oxford was COLD! I can't beleive how the temp has plummetted.

Sosha
05-09-07, 09:52 AM
had a really nice time in the pub, shame on the way home my engine blew, suspected big end, no idea whats done it but im guessing it was missed shift that chucked the rpm well into the red range whilst the oil was probably not quite up to temp although the engine was reading about 75deg when i noticed it. A mile later on and it just started clunking. got the bike back to a garage and will be down there first thing in the morning.

Bl**dy Hell that's harsh :nomore:

StreetHawk
05-09-07, 11:34 AM
Bad news FB.. Hope you get it sorted asap.. I know of a nice CBR for sale......... :-) Nice to meet you Sosha and Rictus.. Poor old ASM! Get well soon dude.. Kneesy does it! ;-)

Piccie of last night , some Bandits in the shot as there was a Bandit meet going on too..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v86/nick.nat/Photo-0043.jpg

fat_brstd
05-09-07, 12:19 PM
well its at the garage getting assessed. Hopefully its something simple but i dont think so. Might be time to see if i can shoehorn a tlr lump into it, that would be fun.

KnightRider
05-09-07, 03:50 PM
Nice to see you all again. Sorry to hear about your motor fat_brstd!

SDMF
05-09-07, 04:26 PM
Sorry to hear bout your engine FB, at least you didn't have to wait hours for recovery to arrive. Hope you can get the bike back on the road soon.

Stig
05-09-07, 05:13 PM
FB, bad news. I was of the same thought as Rictus. I started my bike then you started yours next to mine. I thought mine had stalled. :lol:

Hope it's not too expensive. :sad:

fat_brstd
05-09-07, 08:22 PM
expensive it will be, i was right about the big end, its f@cked so its new engine time. On the plus side i think i might be able to stick either a raptor or sv1000 engine in it and get the improved reliability. realistically i recon i can get an engine for 250 and fit it with oil, niew filters, etc for about another 100 so if i do it at under 400 then im happy. Just finished doing a redtop engine conversion on my house mates cavalier so i should be able to work out how it all fits together. i guess its back onto the sh!tty bonnie for the next couple of weeks till i get it all sorted.

SDMF
05-09-07, 08:44 PM
Under 400 seems pretty cheap for a new engine...but then what would I know! ha.
Well hope you get it sorted soon- whilst we still have some half decent riding weather!

StreetHawk
05-09-07, 09:21 PM
Mate - Call Rictus!

He is the oracle of knowledge on engine matters!

Bad news that, good luck finding an engine.

rictus01
05-09-07, 10:32 PM
In all seroiusness, you're looking at about £80 in gaskets and seals for a complete tear down of the lump to replace the crank and rods (supplied as factory matched, not sure on a TL lump but an SV one was £295 +vat.

so if you can find a replacement engine for that sort of money, I'd go for it, the raptor is a full power TL lump and is a direct replacement, the SV1000, is in a lower state of tune, and I believe the mounts are slightly different, so you'll need spacers making/or grinding back (can't remember which), you may also need to play with the ECU map if you fit the SV engine, good luck let me know how it goes.

Cheers Mark.

fat_brstd
05-09-07, 10:44 PM
as far as it goes my knowledge of machinary is **** poor. cant even spell it correctly. If your willing to help me out with fixing it rictus then im more than willing to drop a couple of quid your way as i need a bike that works and you know how crap a bonnie is and the one im gonna have to use has a shot rear brake and super wide bars. I got turned down on a 97 tls engine, apparently 300 cash aint enough (f@cker wants 550 for it, WTF), and to think i flogged my 99 as close to mint as possible given im a lazy f@ck sv enigne with 17K on it for 250 im feeling ripped off.

rictus01
05-09-07, 11:00 PM
PM'd.

Stig
06-09-07, 06:27 PM
If there is going to be an engine pulling apart and putting back together. I'll have a slice of that please. In other words I'll lend a hand or even just watch. I might even learn something.

KnightRider
07-09-07, 11:20 AM
If there is going to be an engine pulling apart and putting back together. I'll have a slice of that please. In other words I'll lend a hand or even just watch. I might even learn something.

I'll bring food, drink, no knowledge of bike engines but I will have a sh*t load of enthusiasm! Let us know if you dont mind people tagging along for the experience.

SDMF
07-09-07, 01:12 PM
Who needs a theatre when we can all pop over and have front row seats watching an engine being pulled apart.