PDA

View Full Version : Rideout this Saturday

KnightRider
11-09-07, 09:32 PM
It seems that there is a break off crowd from this Thursday's rideout that want to go for a Saturday bimble. Herewith a thread for us to work out routes and times etc.

Do I dont know about you guys but I would be keen for a relatively early start, its always best to get out before the cage drivers!!

Would 8/9am be too early for everyone?

injury_ian
11-09-07, 09:41 PM
possibly (as always)

fat_brstd
11-09-07, 10:25 PM
my bros 21st birthday the day after and i have to sort out his party on sat and i doubt if i will have this engine in by then. Also we have a gig going on in the park in chesham that day which i have to be at.

have fun guys

sarah
11-09-07, 10:30 PM
Don't forget the GM rideout on Sunday.

stevehaskew
11-09-07, 11:16 PM
Perhaps we could make this ride a slow paced newbies ride? Anyone agree or disagree? We could do a ride to Foxes, Box Hill or something?

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 07:07 AM
Muhahahaha....slow paced....dont let Nick lead on straight A-roads then :)

KnightRider
12-09-07, 08:54 AM
Anyone got a route?

StreetHawk
12-09-07, 09:23 AM
I'm in.. I can come up with a route if you like. Doon't mind slow paced, i'm a relative newbie too!

How about 9am meet at Shire Horse?

KnightRider
12-09-07, 09:56 AM
Sounds good to me. Anyone have a route in mind?

philbut
12-09-07, 10:14 AM
Pants. my bike needs a new tyre and an MOT - should all be sorted for the GM ride on Sunday but I can't come out to play before that. Just hope it doesn't fail! [-o<

sarah
12-09-07, 10:17 AM
my bike needs a new tyre and an MOT - should all be sorted for the GM ride on Sunday. Just hope it doesn't fail! [-o<

:thumright: I'll keep my fingers crossed.

stevehaskew
12-09-07, 12:00 PM
Well, from the Shire Horse, where would we want to go? We could go through Wargrave, Henley and up to Fox's Diner, or we can go south, Bracknell, Bagshot, Pirbright twisties, Guildford and then to Box Hill? Not sure how long people want to be out...

sarah
12-09-07, 12:06 PM
Well, from the Shire Horse, where would we want to go? We could go through Wargrave, Henley and up to Fox's Diner, or we can go south, Bracknell, Bagshot, Pirbright twisties, Guildford and then to Box Hill? Not sure how long people want to be out...

You might see me if you go via Pirbright twisties. I'm going for a play there on Saturday :D

stevehaskew
12-09-07, 12:10 PM
To elaborate on the first option, I was just thinking that maybe Foxes for breakfast and then to Abingdon, A34 and then A417/A329 to Reading would be quite fun. Did something similar last Sunday and it only took me a couple of hours.

KnightRider
12-09-07, 01:17 PM
I not fussed either way. I will leave it to you!

SDMF
12-09-07, 04:58 PM
I doubt I'll be able to make sat.. as going out friday night:drink:

However would be up for sunday morning though ;)

sarah
12-09-07, 05:07 PM
I doubt I'll be able to make sat.. as going out friday night:drink:

However would be up for sunday morning though ;)

Come to the GM rideout on Sunday! Have I said that enough times yet?

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 05:16 PM
You might see me if you go via Pirbright twisties. I'm going for a play there on Saturday :D

Don't you mean you'll be acting as a mobile traffic calming measure :p

Pirbright is best avoided then!

sarah
12-09-07, 05:17 PM
Don't you mean you'll be acting as a mobile traffic calming measure :p

Pirbright is best avoided then!

:smt071

SDMF
12-09-07, 05:22 PM
Come to the GM rideout on Sunday! Have I said that enough times yet?

Tempted too... but I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole ride- needed to be back 12ish...

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 05:35 PM
Tempted too... but I wouldn't be able to stay for the whole ride- needed to be back 12ish...

Probably for the best...they would spend the entire rideout hankering after your white boots! Perv's the lot of them.

sarah
12-09-07, 05:49 PM

Just come for the first bit and go home after we have brekkie.

I would love to see your boots again :smt060

StreetHawk
12-09-07, 05:58 PM
Steve - The foxes then abingdon route sounds good to me. You can lead this time :-)

Not gonna make the GM rideout, would love to but there is no way I can disappear for the day on sunday :-(

stevehaskew
12-09-07, 06:03 PM
Hmm, ok. I'll give it a try! Does this mean I have to work out if we're using a marker and stuff like that?

Not to be too organised, but would people appreciate a list of road numbers and that kind of stuff to carry when they're riding, in case?

sarah
12-09-07, 06:14 PM
Not gonna make the GM rideout, would love to but there is no way I can disappear for the day on sunday :-(

Will be back at Box Hill for 2.

sarah
12-09-07, 06:24 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be a poor show from the TVSF boys on Sunday then:(

StreetHawk
12-09-07, 06:29 PM
Hmm, ok. I'll give it a try! Does this mean I have to work out if we're using a marker and stuff like that?

Not to be too organised, but would people appreciate a list of road numbers and that kind of stuff to carry when they're riding, in case?

I reckon we will be fine if we just keep the bike behind in your mirrors.. Looks like 3 of us so far anyway..

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 06:49 PM
Sounds like it's gonna be a poor show from the TVSF boys on Sunday then:(

We are abstaining to demonstrate our independence.

SDMF
12-09-07, 06:54 PM
Just come for the first bit and go home after we have brekkie.

I would love to see your boots again :smt060
Possibly will let you no for sure closer to the time...

sarah
12-09-07, 06:55 PM
We are abstaining to demonstrate our independence.

You are all meanies :smt089

SDMF
12-09-07, 06:59 PM
:smt089

(Liz is crying, there is mascara running down her face)

Warthog
12-09-07, 07:12 PM
You are all meanies :smt089

Come on Liz, I'll go help you put on some more make-up.

KnightRider
12-09-07, 07:13 PM
This all sounds good to me. Dont think we need a list of road numbers, we just need to ensure that we can see each other / wait for everyone to catch up at every turning.

9am shire horse then.

sarah
12-09-07, 07:13 PM
Come on Liz, I'll go help you put on some more make-up.

SDMF
12-09-07, 07:15 PM

I'd have to try and change. Tomorrow I'd tell her she'd lost weight, or that her hair looked nice. Whichever seemed more plausible.

sarah
12-09-07, 07:19 PM
Sniff.

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 07:37 PM
Cool it Sanchez or you'll get a knuckle supper :P

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 07:41 PM
I hope he heeds my words about dealing with this in an orthodox manner

SDMF
12-09-07, 07:45 PM

Don't worry Reed, this sounds routine.

Stig
12-09-07, 07:47 PM
As I think most know, weekends for me is family time.

Just wondering but am I the only one in Thames Valley that prefers B roads to A roads :?: :sad:

fat_brstd
12-09-07, 07:56 PM

Just wondering but am I the only one in Thames Valley that prefers B roads to A roads :?: :sad:

Its just a matter of how well surfaced they are and how fast im going, i like them in oxfordshire cause i know the tarmac is going to be good on the otherside and grips not a problem but some of the ones round chesham are pure rubbish, painfull and horrible. A roads are easier to overtake on and are generally a lot faster for getting where you need to get to, and they are a lot better signposted which i like, not being one for taking a map or directions.

SDMF
12-09-07, 08:00 PM
I don't mind B roads.... but start to draw a line to the poorly surfaced ones, or ones which are covered in mud/gravel esp on corners

Stig
12-09-07, 08:03 PM
I take B roads all the way from Newbury to Reading. Most of the bends have a nice gravel line down the centre of the lane. Corners are blind, the tarmac is loose at the edges, you never know if there is going to be a horse, cyclist, tractor round the next bend, The roads are unpredictable. Now that to me is what B roads are all about. Sharp blind bends, Twisties with attitude.

Keeps the adrenalin pumping and your eyes out on stalks.

I realised a few days ago why I need to give my eyes a good rub when I get home from work or when I arrive at work. It's because I don't blink for just about the entire journey. I don't have time. :lol:

sarah
12-09-07, 08:10 PM

Shame you can't make the GM rideout as the route has a good mixture of roads.

Warthog
12-09-07, 08:20 PM

He will. He's the best damn doctor on the wing, or any other wing for that matter.

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 08:22 PM
He will. He's the best damn doctor on the wing, or any other wing for that matter.

He's a wild card.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/keedo666/Sv650%20Photo/SV106740.jpg

Warthog
12-09-07, 08:24 PM
He's a wild card.

But I'm glad he's in our deck.

Warthog
12-09-07, 08:25 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/keedo666/Sv650%20Photo/SV106740.jpg

It's processed cheese on spaghettti

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 08:25 PM
But I'm glad he's in our deck.

Let's hope he plays a fair hand.

Warthog
12-09-07, 08:26 PM
Let's hope he plays a fair hand.

He'll come up trumps.

ASM-Forever
12-09-07, 08:28 PM
He'll come up trumps.

If there's not a joker in the pack, and sometimes there is!

SDMF
12-09-07, 08:58 PM
To complete the card metaphor, a shot of a deck of cards being fanned out is inserted

stevehaskew
12-09-07, 10:44 PM
Back to the topic in hand... I'm sure I'll come to like B roads, I've always preferred them in the car to A roads. Just at the moment I don't feel confident enough to enjoy most B roads!

StreetHawk
13-09-07, 09:33 AM
I'm coing round to B roads now.. if out on my own for a ride then i'll take take the B road now instead of A..

Liz - If I could make the GM rideout I would but not possible! Have a good one, sure it will be!!

stevehaskew
13-09-07, 10:57 AM
Ok, so Saturday's ride, it'll be ~65 miles from Shire Horse. 9am start. Bring cash, card or bit of string for breakfast at Fox's Diner.

So far:
stevehaskew
nick_1871
KnightRider

There must be some more, surely?

ASM-Forever
13-09-07, 11:09 AM
Ok, so Saturday's ride, it'll be ~65 miles from Shire Horse. 9am start. Bring money for breakfast at Fox's Diner.

So far:
stevehaskew
nick_1871
KnightRider

A good chance to get your hands on some baps :mrgreen:

scifibloke
13-09-07, 09:35 PM
Steve; would love to come along, but am at my cousins wedding...

Sosha
14-09-07, 11:51 AM
Ok, so Saturday's ride, it'll be ~65 miles from Shire Horse. 9am start. Bring money for breakfast at Fox's Diner.

So far:
stevehaskew
nick_1871
KnightRider

Me probably if I wake up.... don't wait for me...:cool:

There's commitment...

SDMF
14-09-07, 12:27 PM
[quote=stevehaskew;1286103]Bring money for breakfast at Fox's Diner.
quote]

You can pay by card at Fox's.

SDMF
14-09-07, 03:07 PM
Depending on how late i'm out tonight, and how much I drink.... I could be up for it. Wouldn't bother waiting around for me though in the morning.

StreetHawk
14-09-07, 04:03 PM
We'll hang around for 15 mins at The Shire Horse then in case any of you non commital latecomers turn up!

stevehaskew
14-09-07, 05:44 PM
Yup, sounds about right. If any of you want my mobile number so you can text to let us know you'll be coming, but a little late, PM me.

stevehaskew
15-09-07, 12:08 AM
Well... I know you guys most likely won't read the forum before you go out in the morning, so I'll text KnightRider... A cyclist managed to ride out at me this evening, resulting in lack of right mirror, a bent bracket right footpeg bracket (but intact brake lever!) and no right front indicator. Very, very angry at the stupid Polish moron. Also slightly bemused, as one of the people who helped me out, who all seemed very genuine, nicked my key! Had to get someone to bring out my spare to take it home! Anyway, I'll try and put all the details in another thread. Hope you guys have a good ride tomorrow... I was really looking forward to it :(

stevehaskew
15-09-07, 12:28 AM
Details here: http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?p=1287869

Stig
15-09-07, 06:25 AM
As mentioned in afore mentioned thead. I believe I may have a replacement bracket you can have.

StreetHawk
15-09-07, 07:28 AM
Sorry to hear that Steve.. Hope you get it sorted asap. I'm sure you can find all the bits you need on here :-)

KnightRider
15-09-07, 02:41 PM
Mate that is bad news. Chin up though you'll be back on the road in no time!

SDMF
15-09-07, 05:19 PM
Hope you get the bike sorted quickly Steve.

How did the ride go? For those that went...

ASM-Forever
15-09-07, 06:56 PM

Its probably safe to assume it was ****e, as we wern't in attendance. :cool:

sarah
15-09-07, 07:06 PM
Its probably safe to assume it was ****e, as sarah wasn't in attendance. :cool:

:smt045

SDMF
15-09-07, 07:22 PM
Its probably safe to assume it was ****e, as we wern't in attendance. :cool:

LOL

StreetHawk
16-09-07, 09:25 AM

Was good... Perfect day for riding! Sosha had to head home after brekkie at Fox's due to a slack chain so Knightrider and me went for a ride into Reading stopping at Pegasus Kwakasaki for some bits on the way :-)

Nobody got lost either cos ASM wasn't there :p

ASM-Forever
16-09-07, 09:36 AM
Was good... Perfect day for riding! Sosha had to head home after brekkie at Fox's due to a slack chain so Knightrider and me went for a ride into Reading stopping at Pegasus Kwakasaki for some bits on the way :-)

Nobody got lost either cos ASM wasn't there :p

Firstly BAH.

Secondly shame on you dragging Jon to that crappy Kwak dealer :smt025

StreetHawk
16-09-07, 09:39 AM
You got your bolt on billy bits yet?

ASM-Forever
16-09-07, 10:03 AM
I missed a delivery, as i couldn't be assed to get up :), so i will have to send someone down the post office. I want to fit the mods myself though(meh i'll prob end up at the garage), so its not like im desperate.

The exhaust is the centre-piece and i havn't even chosen that yet!

ASM-Forever
16-09-07, 10:03 AM
So wheres the photo of yours then?...All MOD'd up :)

StreetHawk
16-09-07, 10:51 AM
Waiting on a few bits this week.. Then i'll post pics! :-)

I ordered an Airblade screen aswell :-) Hopefully it will fit ok, was the cheapest out there!

SDMF
16-09-07, 09:24 PM
Was good... Perfect day for riding! Sosha had to head home after brekkie at Fox's due to a slack chain

Could that not have been adjusted at Fox's?

Firstly BAH.

Secondly shame on you dragging Jon to that crappy Kwak dealer :smt025

He has a few rather nice MV's there though, and Ducatis...

Sosha
17-09-07, 02:36 PM
Could that not have been adjusted at Fox's?

Lacked a decent length lever.... s'pose I could have asked around the bike park but didn't..... sorted it out at home while the tea was brewing. Then went to West London Suzuki & booked the Moto in for a remap :smt025 then went to J&S and discovered my head has shrunk.

Which is worrying....

Brain obviously not getting enough exersise.

philbut
17-09-07, 02:52 PM
If ever in need of tools at Fox's find someone with my number - think nick and ASM have it maybe. I live 5 min down the road and have most things - if I'm in i'll be happy to help.

KnightRider
17-09-07, 03:41 PM
I really enjoyed the ride on Saturday. Would be well up for making the Sat AM a more frequent event as having a blast on the bike is a great way to shake off a crappy week and get in the right frame of mind for the weekend!

SDMF
17-09-07, 04:01 PM
Lacked a decent length lever.... .

Ah, makes sense fair enough.

I really enjoyed the ride on Saturday. Would be well up for making the Sat AM a more frequent event as having a blast on the bike is a great way to shake off a crappy week and get in the right frame of mind for the weekend!

Thats alright unless you've been out drinking friday night..then you have to try and get up early to make the ride- which doesn't seem to work too well, so you end up staying in bed;)

StreetHawk
17-09-07, 04:02 PM
If ever in need of tools at Fox's find someone with my number - think nick and ASM have it maybe. I live 5 min down the road and have most things - if I'm in i'll be happy to help.

:thumright:

KnightRider
17-09-07, 04:06 PM
Sunday morning is an option also. Those of us with demanding girlfriends often need to be able to nip out for a ride whilst they are still asleep!

SDMF
17-09-07, 04:09 PM
Sunday morning is an option also. Those of us with demanding girlfriends often need to be able to nip out for a ride whilst they are still asleep!

Chloroform?? lol

StreetHawk
17-09-07, 04:11 PM
Chloroform?? lol

Haha... Nice idea!

KnightRider
18-09-07, 09:59 AM
There is no need for fancy drugs. A couple of doses of caffine in her drink in the evening means that she stays up later and sleeps in longer. Easy when you know how!!