PDA

View Full Version : *spoiler* Estoril Moto Gp-16.09.07*

Pedrosa
14-09-07, 10:39 AM
One of Rossi's fave tracks, can he hold off Casey's securing of the title for another week or two?

STRAMASHER
14-09-07, 11:00 AM
Lets hope we see TonyTheTiger Elias going mental and doing his thing this year again, love to see him get a podium. .............and Nicky to nerf the Dwarf.:D

Pedrosa
14-09-07, 11:15 AM
Lets hope we see TonyTheTiger Elias going mental and doing his thing this year again, love to see him get a podium. .............and Nicky to nerf the Dwarf.:D

Hey now steady!:(

Filipe M.
14-09-07, 11:22 AM
Stoner fastest on FP1, Rossi second... this is beginning to sound like old news now.

Filipe M.
14-09-07, 03:40 PM
And again Stoner fastest on FP2, with Tamada coming second (on qualifying tyres) and Rossi third...

Jdubya
15-09-07, 10:59 AM
Just in case you want to watch the qualifying live, it is live on the BBC but under the red button (interactive service - sport) starting at 13h45. Delayed qualifying is on eurosport at 16h30.

I think the dwarf is going to come good in this race...

John 675
15-09-07, 11:51 AM
YAWN*** ....
i watched the practice yesterday and the comentators were saying how boring it is nowa days... i think the word they used were "procession" and aparently the riders say that the bikes are "boring to ride" bet if feels like being on a fairground ride to them just going round and around... the only time its fun is when two riders happen to get close enough to each other...
oooooohh WSB is on soon... haha the real sport! :smt045

Sideshow#36
15-09-07, 12:42 PM
Must admit i havnt really followed WSB in the last few years but this season has been excellent. I am mainly a BSB fan and that is the most cometetive series in my opinion. I'm still a massive MOTO-GP follower, however it does seem to be going the way F1 went about 3-4 years ago. Lets hope qualifying is a little more interesting. Wonder who will get pole though???? :rolleyes:

Jdubya
15-09-07, 12:52 PM
YAWN*** ....
i watched the practice yesterday and the comentators were saying how boring it is nowa days... i think the word they used were "procession" and aparently the riders say that the bikes are "boring to ride" bet if feels like being on a fairground ride to them just going round and around... the only time its fun is when two riders happen to get close enough to each other...
oooooohh WSB is on soon... haha the real sport! :smt045

Dont watch it then...simple as!

John 675
15-09-07, 01:12 PM
Dont watch it then...simple as!

very true... but ive been following the GP for years mate, would you simply stop doing something that you have done for years im interested in seeing it change but come on last years season was electric all the way to the end when rossi crashed and the kuntucky kid won ? :confused: but this season...

Sideshow#36
15-09-07, 01:14 PM
very true... but ive been following the GP for years mate, would you simply stop doing something that you have done for years im interested in seeing it change but come on last years season was electric all the way to the end when rossi crashed and the kuntucky kid won ? :confused: but this season...

+1

Sideshow#36
15-09-07, 01:40 PM
Sorry but after watching Stoners 1st lap on qualifyers if you took away T/C he wouldnt stand a chance! He is not all that good IMO, look at how much he fell of last year with an inferior T/C package.

John 675
15-09-07, 01:56 PM
Sorry but after watching Stoners 1st lap on qualifyers if you took away T/C he wouldnt stand a chance! He is not all that good IMO, look at how much he fell of last year with an inferior T/C package.

i think stoner has talent it goes without saying, but could he do the same job on rossi's bike? i dont think so.. F1 are now on about dropping the TC for the same reasons.. i think GP should reconsider because at the end of the day the fans are what make the sport if they all eventually get bored.. and sales drop what happens then?

sinbad
15-09-07, 07:23 PM
Stoner is riding the absolute wheels off that Ducati, and let's not forget that Capo is no slouch- suited to the bike or not, Capirossi is one fast rider, and he's eating dust.
I watch Stoner and think he's probably one of the most "on the limit" looking riders out there. Perhaps he's on the borderline of ragged, perhaps he uses the TC to his advantage, but it's impossible to say how he'd fair if TC was simply banned, and if you had to bet, you'd put your money on the fastest rider still being the fastest rider.

I defy any rider or race fan to say that the qual session today was in the least bit boring. Bikes were sideways, running kerb to kerb, cranked right right over, hopping and bucking. TC or not, the bikes still look bloody great when ridden hard, WSB machines look rather lethargic in comparison. There may not be a championship battle to speak of, but was last season really that much more exciting in that respect? Hayden wouldn't have had a sniff if Rossi hadn't had more bad luck than Unlucky Alf. Yes there were good races, but we've had those this season too, and arguably we've had one of the best for a long time, Catalunya.

Pedrosa
15-09-07, 07:33 PM
As Sinbad says, Stoner was riding his bike to death in qualifying today, if that was not exciting i dont know what is. In addition so was Valentino, he almost came unstuck 3 times in the final hour session.

Asking whether Casey would do the same on the M1 is a totally meaningless question. Dont forget, Rossi himself could have been on this GP7 Ducati and also blocked Casey from joining Yamaha,(you think he identified the threat?) Also saying any other rider would do what Casey has is again pure speculation.

I actually think tomorrow's main race could be a cracker,(if De Puniet does not T bone anyone on the first turn) controversially I am going for a Hayden,Rossi, Stoner finish. Just to keep things interesting.

Kn+b of the day goes to Lorenzo for his ridiculous gesturing at no fewer than 3 riders today. He was hit with a 4k euros fine. He really needs a reality check at times and if he carries on like that, he will see many fans turn against him.

Remember folks dont ignore the 125 and 250 races as they have been brilliant this season.

Big rumour among the Spanish TV experts today was that Max Biaggi has a major sponsor ready to back him if the KR Team are unable to continue next season,(highly likely) Max will ride the 5th Honda! I do find that hard to believe but they reckon it is for sure a real possibility!

Remember where you read it first!

Sideshow#36
15-09-07, 07:36 PM
Stoner is riding the absolute wheels off that Ducati, and let's not forget that Capo is no slouch- suited to the bike or not, Capirossi is one fast rider, and he's eating dust.
I watch Stoner and think he's probably one of the most "on the limit" looking riders out there. Perhaps he's on the borderline of ragged, perhaps he uses the TC to his advantage, but it's impossible to say how he'd fair if TC was simply banned, and if you had to bet, you'd put your money on the fastest rider still being the fastest rider.

I defy any rider or race fan to say that the qual session today was in the least bit boring. Bikes were sideways, running kerb to kerb, cranked right right over, hopping and bucking. TC or not, the bikes still look bloody great when ridden hard, WSB machines look rather lethargic in comparison. There may not be a championship battle to speak of, but was last season really that much more exciting in that respect? Hayden wouldn't have had a sniff if Rossi hadn't had more bad luck than Unlucky Alf. Yes there were good races, but we've had those this season too, and arguably we've had one of the best for a long time, Catalunya.

Dont agree with that mate. I grew up with 500cc 2-Stroke monsters with none of this electronic crap! Stick any of the "new breed" on one and I 110% guarantee they will not be as fast! You could see round every corner that he went round his wrist was full back to the stop, nailing the hell out of the throttle. The T/C just does the rest for him. (OH **** im sliding, doesnt mater that his wrist is full back, i'll cut the throttle anyway.) I'm sorry but if I had big enough balls and trusted the T/C I could have a half decent go. I'm not denying that he is talented and he uses everything to his advantage, but there is no where near as much rider skill needed to be good. I'm sure a lot of the older sweats on here would say the same looking at what I grew up with, Rossi, Biaggi etc... compared to there generation, Mamola, sheene, etc. Stick stoner on a bike that requires 100% rider input I am so sure he would crash going into the first corner. Hopefully they will get rid of all the stupid electrickery and go back to "man and machine" as it were, and I hope stoner does proove me wrong. But mate, I just cant see it.

Oh and yeah I'll agree the qualifying was good. :)

sinbad
15-09-07, 07:55 PM
Dont agree with that mate. I grew up with 500cc 2-Stroke monsters with none of this electronic crap! Stick any of the "new breed" on one and I 110% guarantee they will not be as fast! You could see round every corner that he went round his wrist was full back to the stop, nailing the hell out of the throttle. The T/C just does the rest for him. (OH **** im sliding, doesnt mater that his wrist is full back, i'll cut the throttle anyway.) I'm sorry but if I had big enough balls and trusted the T/C I could have a half decent go. I'm not denying that he is talented and he uses everything to his advantage, but there is no where near as much rider skill needed to be good. I'm sure a lot of the older sweats on here would say the same looking at what I grew up with, Rossi, Biaggi etc... compared to there generation, Mamola, sheene, etc. Stick stoner on a bike that requires 100% rider input I am so sure he would crash going into the first corner. Hopefully they will get rid of all the stupid electrickery and go back to "man and machine" as it were, and I hope stoner does proove me wrong. But mate, I just cant see it.

Hey, I'm no fan of TC, and I've been a "fan" of bike racing since the mid 90s - I know there's a fundamental difference between bikes with electronic "aids" and bikes with nothing of the sort, but that doesn't mean a rider that exploits the aid is not likely to be as good as someone who doesn't "abuse" it as much.

Let's be realistic, Stoner is a top level rider, he's going to be fast on anything, they all would be. If Stoner does just crank the throttle wide open early on and let the TC sort him out, it's only because he knows he'll be quicker that way, it's not something that he would always do on every single bike, and by sheer fluke he's arrived at a time when the bike won't kill him for it :).

He may not have to demonstrate finesse with the throttle on today's bikes, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have it. He's got the "feeling" needed to go ultra quick- he can brake, turn, hold a line and generally ride like a crazy possessed sob. I believe you can't just assume he'd be rubbish at the only part they really get any help with just because he makes the most of today's technology.

Pedrosa
15-09-07, 10:32 PM
Sideshow...You reminiscences are pure nonsense. Any top rider from any era would still be a hot rider no matter what he was given to ride. Dont tell me any of the top boys of today could not have mastered the fiery two strokes. Today requires some different skills that is all. They adapt to what they are given,always.

You telling me if Ago was 20 today he could not top 10 on the Ducati,Honda or Yamaha? The flip side being of course,Casey,Hayden etc would perform well on the smokey screamers. Dont forget most of todays riders progress from 2 stroke machines,(albeit not as lively as the 500's) so they are fully aware of what is needed to ride them.

Sideshow#36
15-09-07, 10:57 PM
Yawn. All bow down to the mighty Pedrosa who will, shall and wont accept anybodys opinion but his masterful own.

Sideshow#36
15-09-07, 11:11 PM
Sorry, that was a little harsh, but every arguement (heated debate) that involves you seems to be you forcing your I love moto-gp attitude on everone. You have just commented on my opinion being "nonsence!" How can an opinion be wrong? I love moto-gp and have watched it since a very young age. How gutted do you think I feel admiting that I now think it is utter crap! Sorry but it is. Where is the Rossi-Gibernau-Biaggi Rivalries? For the last god knows how many races it has been Stoner romping off into the distance and thats it. BSB, you have Rio, Jonny rea, Leon H and Greg Lavilla all scrapping race to race. With the likes of tommy sykes and the legend that is shakey byrne throwing the odd spanner into the works! WSB you have James Toseland, Nori, Max, the two troys and the added entertainment of ruben Xaus. All competative. Moto-GP..... Not even close, and quite frankly Moto-GP doesn really have any charcters anymore. Sorry but the poison dwarf is the most miserable man I have ever seen! Casey.... Boring. Vermulen Boring.... I'm sending myself to sleep right now just thinking of their last press interviews.

*Note..... Opinion..... Not Fact!!!*

Jdubya
16-09-07, 08:20 AM
Hey, I thought qualifying was brilliant yesterday and although I agree with pedrosa on a lot of what he has written there are one or two points that I do disagree on but they are too trivial to mention, so I wont.

Where Stoner was pushing that Duc so hard that it was moving about, I thought that Hayden looked really comfortable on that H*** and made his pole position look easy...

I think, and I am sticking my neck out here, that it is going to be a Hayden, Stoner, Rossi or Elias podium today.

John 675
16-09-07, 08:31 AM
i think your right there mate, maybe today will defy peoples and my own opinions and be an absolute top race, but what i was getting at previous is that there is not so many exciting races this season than last, i blame the 800's but maybe its just getting started..
ill still watch it though... just complain alot more lol, :p

fizzwheel
16-09-07, 08:52 AM
Sideshow - so you dont think that Doohan's dominance in the 90's was boring as well...

I think Casey is doing a great job, he's riding the wheels off that bike, watching him come through the pack at Donny was IMHO a masterful performance. He's got his head together and I think its good to see somebody else winning after watching the Rossi fest we've had for the last few years. Casey has always been quick, but last year he crashed alot, now they've stopped him crashing we're seeing his speed in its true context.

Moto GP isnt just about Rossi and IMHO its about time peeps started remembering it. I was disgusted with the English fans at Donny last year. I know Pedrosa isnt as crowd friendly but the way that the Fans and Rossi behaved it was as though Rossi had one the race and I thought it disrespectful.

I really enjoyed qualifying yesterday I got home from the rideout in time to watch the last 30 minutes, very enjoyable, good effort from Hayden, I hope he can continue that performance in the race today, also good effort from Guintolli as well I thought.

As for Moto GP in general, its gotta watch it doesnt get like F1, where its all about electronics and sposnor money...

John 675
16-09-07, 10:47 AM
Sideshow - so you dont think that Doohan's dominance in the 90's was boring as well... ...

you have to remember what was before him though mate.. the legendary races that was Rainy Vs scwantz now that has gone un matched in motor sport even years later... i would have hated riding in those times.. you had no coverage because those two were at it all the time lol,

ThEGr33k
16-09-07, 12:47 PM

Sorry, that was a little harsh, but every arguement (heated debate) that involves you seems to be you forcing your I love moto-gp attitude on everone. You have just commented on my opinion being "nonsence!" How can an opinion be wrong? I love moto-gp and have watched it since a very young age. How gutted do you think I feel admiting that I now think it is utter crap! Sorry but it is. Where is the Rossi-Gibernau-Biaggi Rivalries? For the last god knows how many races it has been Stoner romping off into the distance and thats it. BSB, you have Rio, Jonny rea, Leon H and Greg Lavilla all scrapping race to race. With the likes of tommy sykes and the legend that is shakey byrne throwing the odd spanner into the works! WSB you have James Toseland, Nori, Max, the two troys and the added entertainment of ruben Xaus. All competative. Moto-GP..... Not even close, and quite frankly Moto-GP doesn really have any charcters anymore. Sorry but the poison dwarf is the most miserable man I have ever seen! Casey.... Boring. Vermulen Boring.... I'm sending myself to sleep right now just thinking of their last press interviews.

*Note..... Opinion..... Not Fact!!!*

I agree completly. Ducati have the best engine the best tyers the best electronics (ferrari F1 team, they has spent MIllions on them if 50 million fine isnt much for Mclaren how much would they spend to make good electronics?) and the best tyers. The other factor is a rider. They have stonner who is MAD enough to pin the throttle and leave the bike to do its tricks, and has a fair bit of tallent to boot.

You compair to Caparossi who probably no longer or never did have the support of the factory like stoner has, the main difference is capa wants to be careful as he is now a father! Thats the main difference, and dont even include the stalite teams, same bike my bum.

Lets hope they ban T/C and get back to some powersliding and more spectator enjoyment, move away from F1 style bordem. Till then ill watch WSB's, i do watch the GP's... i just fall to sleep. heh

plowsie
16-09-07, 01:11 PM
Bautista top man!

HTH

Pedrosa
16-09-07, 01:15 PM
Sideshow,

Rather than dictating and forcing I was merely expressing my opinion that your comment was ridiculous. I stand by that. Give me a solid counter argument and I big enough to be convinced and change my view.Yes I am a big Moto GP fan and first cut my teeth watching Barry Sheene and Kenny Roberts Snr.

You seem more interested in the personality traits of riders rather than considering the various factors that have perhaps prevented the blue riband class from being the edge of the seat spectacle we would love to watch.

In truth though, in most era's there is a dominant force and those when a good handful of riders are battling fo rwins have been few and far between. A true fan can see the reasons and does not look to turn their back on the sport on the basis of one season.

Again my opinion only and hope your feathers have not been ruffled again.:p:p

For the record, in "my opinion" this is what I see as nonsense despite it actually being your "considered" opinion...

Stick stoner on a bike that requires 100% rider input I am so sure he would crash going into the first corner.

Filipe M.
16-09-07, 01:18 PM
Two spanish victories today. This is not looking good for the Kentucky Fried Kid :lol:

plowsie
16-09-07, 01:24 PM
KFC you sure i cant wangle you into some pizza :rolleyes:

Filipe M.
16-09-07, 01:25 PM
KFC you sure i cant wangle you into some pizza :rolleyes:

This is not the Idle Banter, so keep it serious here or I'm sure someone will be around to slap your wrists pretty sharp. ;) This sections motto is "Thou shalt not taketh the pish". ;)

Pedrosa
16-09-07, 01:37 PM
Yawn. All bow down to the mighty Pedrosa who will, shall and wont accept anybodys opinion but his masterful own.

:p:p I missed that. The kind of comment one expects from a pre pubescent. Carry on dont mind me. Wouldnt wish to upset your sensibilities.:p:p

For the record I have on many occasions posted on this forum comments which turned out to be complete ball*x. There is every chance that you might surpass me though. LOL.
Mind you after checking I bow to your 21 years of knowledge and experience of the subject matter,no doubt you have many memories of the greats that have battled over the years,no?(I will put down your tetchy reply to the juice of youth also shall I? RAF? MY ****! Real men join the Army,ask Richie).

Sideshow#36
16-09-07, 02:47 PM
Now That Was Racing!!!!!

gettin2dizzy
16-09-07, 02:48 PM
wow! i was gripped all the way through. That was an amazing level of talent on show!

Sideshow#36
16-09-07, 02:49 PM
Actually I watched moto gp with my old man from the age of oooh about 3 and remember it! Oh and what may your chosen career be? Well concidering what I do in the RAF, the Army would be able to very little. That kind of comment Pedrosa shows the ignorance of somebody who has no idea of how the armed forces works!

Pedrosa
16-09-07, 03:03 PM
Sorry Action Man. I am certainly not macho enough to have ever considered being a member of HMF. I leave that to those such as you. Thankyou for ensuring we can sleep at night.

Yes I am COMPLETELY ignorant of how the armed forces work but can see that their selection process does not take in to account immaturity. Carry on.

My profession is Basket Weaver.HTH.

Moto GP is as boring as F1. That was crap. bring back the days of Edgar Jessop battling with George Formby.

Sideshow#36
16-09-07, 03:12 PM
Oh now thats immature. Ok 500gp's is that better?

Action Man? I never questioned how macho you were. Nice sarcastic comment about sleeping at night. I guarantee I have more life experaince than your good self. So what if you are a spanish basket weaver. If that is what you are good at, so be it. I'm good at my job and I enjoy it.

The last 4 - 5 race have been as boring, if not even more boring than F1. During the comentary on BBC2 I counted no less than 4 people making the same sort of statement. Even Honda Executives and the mighty steve parrish. Do not argue with Steve!

Pedrosa
16-09-07, 03:18 PM
I have no problem with your last comments at all. Our friction was provoked by the suggestion that Casey Stoner would not have the skills to ride the more challenging 2 stroke 500's, that I still dispute.;)

Today's race was very good indeed with for once a competition between riders and machines not dictated by the consistancy of the tyres they were using. Very difficult to criticise Dani for finishing second, Valentino rode using all of his skill and experience.

More of the same please?:cheers:

Sideshow#36
16-09-07, 03:25 PM
Agrreed, I still dont like Dani but I cant disagree that he is a good rider. Just think he is a miserable so and so. At the end of the day I am a Rossi fan and TBH if he had finished 15th or not even finished I would have still been happier than the las for or five races. There were battles right through the field. And Even St***r made a bit of a comeback and fair play to him. Definately more of the same!

Biker Biggles
16-09-07, 03:41 PM
Gilrls girls stop that or Ill be round to confiscate your handbags.:smt046

Consider yourselves spanked and banned from the pitlane walkabout for for the next four rounds.

Noticed two engines blew up today,which shows how hard some are trying to get some grunt out of the 800s.

Sideshow#36
16-09-07, 03:51 PM
Sorry.:cry:
Yeah it was quite strange seeing them blow up, expecially how big de puniet's one blew up!

colinsv25
16-09-07, 04:26 PM
And seein de puniet try to bump start his broken k**was funny,but wot a race best for some time action all the way through,hats off to all gp riders:smt038

Pedrosa
16-09-07, 04:36 PM
Stoner is finished I tell you, it's a battle between the Italian and the little Spaniard for the title!;):)

Biker Biggles
16-09-07, 04:57 PM
Stoner will be finished after Japan.In the sense that he will be able to take the rest of the year off and still hold the title.
Good to see some proper racing again today,and I feel Yamaha and the others will be using the rest of the season to test for next year.Lets hope the test results are positive.:D

tomjones2
16-09-07, 06:54 PM
Great race, that how it should be the best guys in the world on similar machinery racing down to the line. Good to see some of that Rossi talent again. Although I would like to see Casey win the championship i'm glad it didn't happen today, great if it went to the last race.

w302977
16-09-07, 07:03 PM
Top Top race!

Nice to see three makes within 1 sec at the end of a race.

Edge of the seat stuff I LOVE Moto GP.

My head has Stoner to take the title, but my heart says Valentino Rossi to win!

Pedrosa
16-09-07, 07:17 PM
The Little Spanish boy stated that for the first time this season, he was able to ride his tyres as hard at the end of the race as he was at the start. I think the next few races will have us all looking forward eagerly to the 2008 season.
I think Valentino enjoyed their little battle. Did you note how Dani began to use the right hand side of the pit straight in order to deny Valentino getting in position to out brake him at turn 1? Very good thinking on his feet. The final overtake though was gutting and Pedrosa had no come back for that. Well done Valentino.

Feel a mention of Alvaro Bautista is in order. From 14th on lap one, he carved through the field to take a stunning win, he has a far more platable demeanour than say Lorenzo,(who I was actually pleased to see not win today after his antics yesterday)

sinbad
16-09-07, 07:24 PM
I think Valentino enjoyed their little battle. Did you note how Dani began to use the right hand side of the pit straight in order to deny Valentino getting in position to out brake him at turn 1? Very good thinking on his feet. The final overtake though was gutting and Pedrosa had no come back for that. Well done Valentino.

Did you not notice that every rider seemed to be doing that, all weekend? Even in qualifying, which is weird since it's obviously a longer distance to the timing beam.

It was a good race. I think Vale let Dani back through after Dani had run wide in turn one. Vale had Dani's number for the whole race but knew it would be hard to get away from him if he passed early on.

The Basket
16-09-07, 07:25 PM
An excellent race. To see the Michelin riders race again was stunning.

The 125 race was good and the MotoGP race was even better. Pasini falling off was a real ice breaker...:)...not my favourite rider.

Rossi was in excellent form both on and off the track and proved all the doubters wrong. Is it me but he really is Mr MotoGP?

Pedrosa was racing good but why does he have to be such a misery guts? A smile costs nothing! He might not be a Rossi but he dont have to be. I thought the Spanish were a happy sort.

Pedrosa...you are spot on...real men join the army...intelligent men join the Air Force;)

fizzwheel
16-09-07, 09:06 PM
I missed the 125 and 250's as I was at my parents scoffing roast beef and they dont have eurosport and I was watching the F1 I love Spa.

Bradley only 12th not such a strong result for him, did he get up into the early places and drop back or did he just not have a good weekend ?

plowsie
16-09-07, 09:09 PM
I missed the 125 and 250's as I was at my parents scoffing roast beef and they dont have eurosport and I was watching the F1 I love Spa.

Bradley only 12th not such a strong result for him, did he get up into the early places and drop back or did he just not have a good weekend ?
Think he started in 15th and end of first lap he was 23rd or summat

lukemillar
16-09-07, 11:27 PM

Not that I want to be down on the guy, but he only really made it that far because of riders falling off in front of him. Not really the best weekend for him

The Basket
16-09-07, 11:48 PM
My view is that Michelins poor showing has given Stoner the championship. Not saying he don't deserve it but this race has shown that when Pedrosa and Rossi are given the tyres then they can race
. It would have been so much closer...no matter what Stoner says otherwise.

Look at Suzuki...without a tyre advantage...they are back off the pace again.

Rossi was a god again today. How could I have ever doubted it. He had Pedrosa and could have overtaken at will. I just hope the next races are as good as this.

Pedrosa
17-09-07, 07:36 AM
I think the Honda's and Yamaha's are benefitting from feverish work behind the scenes due to them allowing Ducati and Bridgestone such an early season advantage.

The run in could be pretty spectacular, but I was very puxzzled at the relatively lame performance of Suzuki yesterday when thus far they have been the most improved team for me. Casey to tyie it up in Japan or Philip Island? Or is he going to save it for the Grand Finale here in Spain?

I would not say that Valentino was able to take Dani at will, but when he is on your case he really is an ominous presence. I think the timing of his final pass, made it extremely difficult for Dani to make any lasting reply.

fizzwheel
17-09-07, 07:53 AM
I would not say that Valentino was able to take Dani at will, but when he is on your case he really is an ominous presence. I think the timing of his final pass, made it extremely difficult for Dani to make any lasting reply.

I agree I think he really had to work for that pass, he setup it up laps and laps before, I'm not the Rossi fan I was, but that move and the laps leading up to it were classic Valentino, he has IMHO got one of the best racing brains and his race craft is superb to.

The Basket
17-09-07, 08:33 AM
I'm sure Rossi watched the 125s and seen how Faubel used the last corner. Rossi looked slower on the straights and faster in the corners. He needed a few metres lead of Pedrosa in the last corner to get to the line first. I don't think The Yamaha had the power to pass Pedrosa if Dani was first out the last corner. Rossi knew he couldn't gap Pedrosa but as long as he got the final corner right...he would win.

It seemed to me that Rossi knew this and didn't try to pass until the last laps. He seemed to be in control of the race and picked his moment.

Vermuelen didn't do much and Hopper was best Suzook. I rate him far higher than Vermuelen. Without the Bridgestone edge...both Kwak and Suzook did not much.

A few asides...Hoffman gave up due to lack of motivation...lack of job soon!
Carlos Checa is going WSB riding Ten Kate Honda. Good for him. I think he has the pace and is quality and will do well.

Razor
17-09-07, 08:58 AM
Stoner said he had a clutch problem, imagine a mechanical problem on a Ducati, unheard of!

Filipe M.
17-09-07, 10:29 AM
I agree I think he really had to work for that pass, he setup it up laps and laps before, I'm not the Rossi fan I was, but that move and the laps leading up to it were classic Valentino, he has IMHO got one of the best racing brains and his race craft is superb to.

He makes it look like riding is second nature to him, and he just sits there studying his opponents, using the bike as a means to be on their tail all the time... I loved it how he forced Dani to screw up Turn 1 by braking later each preceding lap until the point Dani could no longer hold his line. Classic! :p

The screw-up in the Parabolica Interior was totally uncalled for but hey ho, he's only human! ;)

Pedrosa
17-09-07, 10:31 AM
Wonderful as Valentino's win was yesterday, let's not forget that he himself was forced by Dani on at least 2 occasions to brake ridiculously late which saw him mess up the relevant corners. That what makes a top racer though, taking the risks and recovering from any errors.

glsuk1970
17-09-07, 12:59 PM
Best race for a long while that, really enjoyed it. Disappointed with the Suzuki's showing though and Mr Hayden's result.

Scoobs
17-09-07, 01:08 PM
Stoner said he had a clutch problem

Do you think he REALLY did???

Filipe M.
17-09-07, 01:50 PM

That's what his team manager said too, so it must be true! ;)

:lol:

Pedrosa
17-09-07, 02:02 PM
Casey's clutch problem might be a red herring. On Spanish tv he said.."I had a bit of a problem with the clutch, when I pulled it in it was like I had a false neutral?"

Now you have got to see that as funny,no?:p:p:p

(Maybe he meant when re engaging the clutch?

Jdubya
17-09-07, 02:49 PM

Well...it is a ducati after all....it has to break down at some point...

ThEGr33k
18-09-07, 02:12 PM
Casey's clutch problem might be a red herring. On Spanish tv he said.."I had a bit of a problem with the clutch, when I pulled it in it was like I had a false neutral?"

Now you have got to see that as funny,no?:p:p:p

(Maybe he meant when re engaging the clutch?

No No he ment that when he went to use it after downshifting to get some engine breaking he didnt have any... So he was freewheeling into corners, which isnt nice on a bike (as you may know).

YoungMan
19-09-07, 12:32 AM
Here is the Beeb link. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/6997720.stm
If Stoner didn't have engine braking then he must be better than many of us thought!