PDA

View Full Version : BSB Brands Hatch. 12th-14th October

phil24_7
14-09-07, 10:34 PM
Anyone going to this??

Where's the best place(s) to stand for this???

This'll be my first trip to a motorcycle race and I'm a little excited now!
(My girlfriend buy's the best birthday presents!)

Regards

Sideshow#36
15-09-07, 01:02 AM
Hi mate, In my opinion Brands is the best circuit in the country. Its just the indy circuit so you will easily take in the whole track from different places during the day. We just move around between races. I love standing at the top of paddock hill bend for the first race and watch 20 odd riders barreling down. It doesnt look that steep on the tele, but wait till you get there! Druids is also a really good place to watch (either inside or ouside the corner.) Finishing up on clarke curve is also a goodie. Wherever you decide to go mate i'm sure you will have a top day. Enjoy! :smt077

Sideshow#36
15-09-07, 01:03 AM
P.S. I may be there. The wife is in Afghan at the mo so i'll be mooching around on my own! :-(

phil24_7
15-09-07, 07:24 AM
Thanks for such a speady and informative reply. I'm really looking forward to this!!!

lawson17
16-09-07, 10:35 AM
I'll be there too. Trouble with the Indy circuit is it gets very busy, very quickly! Get there early if you want a good photo spot!:cool:

Alpinestarhero
28-09-07, 09:32 AM
I'll be there! If you can, stand at druids haipin (second corner, after the plunge that is paddock hill bend) just as the riders are braking for it - you'll see lots of sideways action and the sounds are incredible!

Paddock is amazing, you have to see it to beleive it

Come on Chris Walker!

And Leon Haslam!

Matt

trickywoos
28-09-07, 01:55 PM
Will be there and ready to party!! :D

Although I may be at Skeggy on the Fri/Sat too.....

coggers28
28-09-07, 05:02 PM
I'll be there all weekend , hope the weather stays nice ;)

phil24_7
29-09-07, 12:17 AM
Staying at a hotel in Dartmouth on the fri and sat nights so not to far to travel each day?

What time is it best to get there for??

See ya all at Paddock!

Jdubya
30-09-07, 09:19 AM
Staying at a hotel in Dartmouth on the fri and sat nights so not to far to travel each day?

What time is it best to get there for??

See ya all at Paddock!

I think you mean DARTFORD...;)

Alpinestarhero
30-09-07, 09:45 AM
Best time is probably before 9am, specialy if you want a good place at paddock. But it dosnt get as busy as WSBK meetings

But if its only the indy circuit....

Matt

phil24_7
30-09-07, 12:34 PM
Dartford sounds much better, travelling from Dartmouth would be a massive trek each day!!! :-)

Well hopefully I'll see ya all at paddocks, I'll try to wear something sv orientated so's I can meet some new faces.

Where's everybody staying?

Ratty46
30-09-07, 04:22 PM
i'l be there hopefully!

went on teh bike for the WSB round, hopefully if its dry we will rdie in a group to brands, if its not its teh car!

phil24_7
30-09-07, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking the same thing, don't fancy riding all that way if the weathers sucky!

BLACKFIRE
01-10-07, 12:55 PM
Im going :D
We are camping. Going down Friday afternoon and back Sunday.
Not goin on SV off on the back of my blokes ZZR1400.
I love Brands we went for WSB and it was awesome.
Im rooting for Sykes it would be brilliant if he won his first race their :cool:

Sideshow#36
01-10-07, 02:35 PM
Im going :D
We are camping. Going down Friday afternoon and back Sunday.
Not goin on SV off on the back of my blokes ZZR1400.
I love Brands we went for WSB and it was awesome.
Im rooting for Sykes it would be brilliant if he won his first race their :cool:

Must admit it would be good to see tom "juimmy hill chin" sykes to get his first win. He has been so good all year. Really consitant!
However he unfortunately cant because Leon haslam has to win the championship.....maybe next year sykesey!

phil24_7
02-10-07, 06:10 PM
What's the parking/traffic like at and around the track?

I'm can't make up my mind wether to take the car or the bike!

pupdog123
06-10-07, 09:49 PM
Goin 2!!!

phil24_7
06-10-07, 10:43 PM
So what's the traffic and parking like at and around the track?

Would ya recommend a taxi from Dartford or just drive/ride??

Regards

Sideshow#36
06-10-07, 11:46 PM
The coppers are really good round the track. Yes it gets busy but if you are happy filtering its fairly quick. The coppers quide you down past the 4 wheeled boxes. Take some normal clothes too in a rucksack and you can drop off your helmet and leathers at a drop stop. Cant remember how much it was last time but who can put a price on comfort! ;-)

Jdubya
11-10-07, 10:10 AM
So what's the traffic and parking like at and around the track?

Would ya recommend a taxi from Dartford or just drive/ride??

Regards

Just drive/ride...thats the best. I normally park up at druids and then go out after past the back of the paddock. And its the short circuit this time round so if you dont mind parking on the south bank, you can normally get away with a bbq and gazebo over there as well.

trickywoos
11-10-07, 03:54 PM
Will be there from Friday evening, meeting friends, then staying nearby for the weekend.

JT will be riding his bike there with the #1 plate.

metalmonkey
11-10-07, 05:06 PM
I should be there on Sunday, is it best to ride or drive down? Never been to race track before, should be a lot of fun......give me a shout if anyone wants to meet up.

metalmonkey
13-10-07, 12:26 AM
I am there Sunday, give me a shout, I will be on the bike!

phil24_7
13-10-07, 04:57 PM
Has been an excellent day today, got loads of pics, can't wait for race day!

Jdubya
13-10-07, 05:20 PM
Has been an excellent day today, got loads of pics, can't wait for race day!

Yep, was a good day today...
I'll post some pics in the photos section in a little while...

weazelz
14-10-07, 04:24 PM
Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyo :D