PDA

View Full Version : Anyone live/nr Chester

andyb
18-09-07, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm after a favour if possible. My brother is looking at getting a 2003 Zx6R but doesn't know a huge amount about bike mechanics. Would anyone be willing to go with him and have a look over the bike if he pays you?

Thanks in advance
Andy

Been advised to post this in here by South & West Surfers ;)

Luckypants
18-09-07, 09:30 AM
Ditto my reply in SWS.

Where is the bike being bought from? Dealer or private?

andyb
18-09-07, 09:32 AM
Ditto my reply in SWS.

Where is the bike being bought from? Dealer or private?

Private sale, got in touch via a forum a lot like this. Seller has lots of posts on there and seems genuine (he's had a rough time lately and decided to treat himself to a new RSVR!!). He would just like someone to have a look at it thats got more experience with mechanics than him and point out anything obvious.

Luckypants
18-09-07, 09:38 AM
Hi Andy

Well I don't feel qualified to advise on a bike prior to sale and don't know any local professionals. Do the RAC (or similar) offer a bike evaluation service? I know they do for cars.

The only other suggestion I could make would be to get a local dealer to take a look.

Not helping am I?

Anyone else?

andyb
18-09-07, 09:40 AM
Hi Andy

Well I don't feel qualified to advise on a bike prior to sale and don't know any local professionals. Do the RAC (or similar) offer a bike evaluation service? I know they do for cars.

The only other suggestion I could make would be to get a local dealer to take a look.

Not helping am I?

Anyone else?

Don't worry about it, thanks for replying anyway. Hopefully someone will be along. Will get him to try the AA & RAC.

Baph
20-09-07, 09:11 AM
I don't mind a trip to Chester to give my opinion, but as Luckypants said, I'm not really qualified to say yay or nay.

The offer stands (and I could show your brother the horns that you are looking at), but I won't be accepting any money for it if you want me to have a look-see (due to it not being a yay or nay on the decision).

At the end of the day, if you don't find anyone else, you can consider me a last option, but your brother should go with his feelings on the bike regardless of who advises him IMO (unless it's a lemon).