PDA

View Full Version : *Spoiler*MotoGP*Motegi*23/9/07*

The Basket
21-09-07, 08:11 AM
Dani Pedrosa gets the first day off to a flyer...Stoner does 5th.

Rossi engine blows up. Struggles for 14th.

Pedrosa
21-09-07, 08:31 AM
Friday's dont normally mean a lot, but I think today shows that for sure HRC have found one or two answers to the challenge set by Ducati. I am hoping the little Spaniard can record a win although for sure Casey really only needs to stay on the bike to become champ real soon.

The Basket
21-09-07, 08:32 AM
Remember Kids...Motegi is ahead timewise so its the Early bird who catches the Motogp worm.

Ill set the video and sleep in methinks.

The Basket
21-09-07, 08:34 AM
Rossi getting some bad engines.

I hope he gets the good'un for the race.

Pedrosa
21-09-07, 11:12 AM
In truth Valentino's task is a tough one this weekend as Casey simply has to finish in front of the Italian to seure the title. Portugal showed how determined Valentino can still be but the Motegi track allows more time at full gas and maybe that has once again pushed the new M1 motor beyond it's limits?

Interesting that Dani has 3kmh more than the Ducati thus far.

Sideshow#36
21-09-07, 01:32 PM
Hehe... Casey and Checa..... Handbags at dawn?
Could the pressure finally be getting to him?

kwak zzr
21-09-07, 03:07 PM
stoner was'nt happy was he.

trickywoos
21-09-07, 03:13 PM
It's a Bridgestone track, Casey will be back in charge tmrw with Hopper not far behind!

kwak zzr
21-09-07, 03:18 PM
rossi 1 second off the pace, oh dear.

Pedrosa
21-09-07, 03:26 PM
The cherubic future world champ from Spain has today renewed his contract for 2 years with HRC.;)

The Basket
22-09-07, 08:28 AM
Hurrah...Pedrosa looks muy bueno and owns Motegi. Rossi close second. The Kwaks doing well and even Elias on a charge.

Poor old Stoney having a 'mare....Philip Island it is then. The Suzooks are filling up the back row.

Should be a race and a half.

andyb
22-09-07, 08:53 AM
What time is the race on BBC2 in the UK?

The Basket
22-09-07, 09:08 AM
What time is the race on BBC2 in the UK?

0545H on Sunday morn. The 125 and 250 are on BBCi earlier.

Highlights at 1230H.

trickywoos
22-09-07, 09:28 AM
It's a Bridgestone track, Casey will be back in charge tmrw with Hopper not far behind!

I'll go eat my hat now.

1. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 45.864 secs
2. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 46.255 secs
3. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 46.575 secs
4. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 46.643 secs
5. Toni Elias SPA Honda Gresini (B) 1min 46.804 secs
6. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 46.912 secs
7. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 46.997 secs
8. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 47.047 secs
9. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 47.121 secs
10. Marco Melandri ITA Honda Gresini (B) 1min 47.136 secs
11. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 47.163 secs
12. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 1min 47.295 secs
13. Kousuke Akiyoshi JPN Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 47.316 secs
14. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 1min 47.334 secs
15. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 47.367 secs
16. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 47.714 secs
17. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 47.914 secs
18. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 48.085 secs
19. Akira Yanagawa JPN Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 48.569 secs
20. Shinichi Ito JPN Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 49.548 secs
21. Kurtis Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 1min 50.035 sec

grh1904
22-09-07, 10:43 AM
Stoner 9th, Edwards just a couple in front, think there will be any team TACTICS, Edwards trying to keep Stoner locked up further down the field !!!!!!!.

Razor
22-09-07, 12:20 PM
Qualifying isn't racing. We've seen a few upsets in the race compared to the qualifying this year, I expect a few more.

Pedrosa
22-09-07, 12:50 PM
That was an incredible fast lap by Dani with Valentino looking to rteply instantly and was 0.3 under Dani's time at one sector but then finished way off.

The clamour for a 1 tyre brand championship seems to be backing off as for the second time Michelin dominate the front of the grid. Reports say Ducati have turned Casey's engine management down to 50% as they haven't got the cheek to disrespect Honda on their own track!;)

BTW on seperate intervies in pit lane Michelin top bot hopes to continue programme with existing teams next season. Bridgestone top boy thinks tyre compettition is good for the sport and they not looking to be granted sole manufacture status.

Expect plenty of fireworks in 125(Pasini yet another pole!! Incredible) and 250 with some very good Japanese riders looking to impress the home fans and factory bosses.

Saddo me will be up to watch it all live!:p

Filipe M.
22-09-07, 01:04 PM

+1, even if I have to spend the night drinking Red Bull.

The Basket
22-09-07, 01:30 PM

Nothing wrong doing something you love...Maybe Stoner is going for the long haul...But top racing.

I'm gonna tape the lower classes and maybe watch the highlights at midday. depends if I can sleep with all the excitement!

kwak zzr
22-09-07, 04:02 PM
me 2, match sticks keeping the eyelids open:) at 5.45

kwak zzr
22-09-07, 04:10 PM
fingers crossed Rossi's engine holds out, he's getting to many failures for my liking.

MR UKI (1)
22-09-07, 04:13 PM
me 2, match sticks keeping the eyelids open:) at 5.45

+3, got the TV booked for 125, 250 and Moto GP races, but only cos Mrs UKI will be asleep :)

colinsv25
22-09-07, 06:22 PM
got it recording on sky+:thumbsup:,i think its gonna be a fantastic race

carelesschucca
22-09-07, 06:28 PM
Casey holding back so he can win the title at Home???

Pedrosa
22-09-07, 09:05 PM
You got to love the Spanish! I have just learned that not only is THE main TV channel showing all of the races live, but they are showing full repeats from 12 noon! All that for free and without any license having to be paid for!

Looks like I might be having an extra couple of hours between the sheets after all.:)

Sideshow#36
23-09-07, 03:01 AM
Hmmmm appears to be a little damp. Westy anyone?

trickywoos
23-09-07, 08:50 AM
Interesting race!!! I won't be the spoiler!

Sideshow#36
23-09-07, 12:38 PM
=D> =D> =D> Well done Casey.

The Basket
23-09-07, 12:49 PM
Shame for West and the jump start. Wet race so a bit of a lottery. Guintolli doin well.

Pedrosa could be with a broken foot. Rossi not on it. Good for Caperiex...But Ducati sticks it to the Japs. Wins race and championship on your race track.

All hail Stoner!

Pedrosa
23-09-07, 01:05 PM
You know folks rather than the race being a lottery I found it to be the most fascinating that I ever remember! You just could not have made all that action up! Absolutely brilliant!

The poker type gambits of when to change to dry tyres was influential to so many riders. When Dani decided to do one more lap as Valentino dived in for his change, he was almost instantly thrown through the air like a rag doll as his own wet rear tyre gave up the ghost!

My faith in God, Father Xmas,Ducati power and most importantly Loris Capirossi! The wee Italian can move off to Suzuki now leaving all the Ducatisti with another fond memory of his exploits aboard the Bologna Beauty!

Casey is as deserving a champ as anyone that has preceded him and I cannot wait to see him and Marco kicking Jap ass next season!:p:p

Great champ as he has been, Rossi will def not win another championship before he retires.

Just for SUPERVOX:

http://www.ducati.com/

The Basket
23-09-07, 02:05 PM
A few points to Pedrosa.

For me the race was a lottery as the top four wouldn't get close in the dry. Good for Capirex but a dry race and he would be lucky in 6th.

I think the Japs will be back next year and give Ducati a proper run for its pasta. Good for Ducati...they were the best this year and Stoner deserves the prize. But I said early doors that whoever gets up and running first will have the advantage...and that was Ducati.

Maybe Honda got it all wrong...and so Yamaha and Michelin...and Ducati Stoner and Bridgestone got the act together. But I doubt that next year.

As for Rossi...when he had the goods...he still showed the magic and the class...4 wins...I would certainly call him fair for next year.

But well done to Ducati and Casey Stoner...fair doos.

Pedrosa
23-09-07, 02:15 PM
Kallio in the 250's was the first Finn to win for 34 years. The last being Teppi Lansivuouri who was my childhood hero. He later went on to team mate with Bazza at Suzuki wearing Nš8 to Bazza's Nš7.

Also I believe Ducati's first world championship for same number of years when I think Mike "The Bike" Hailwood did it in the 250's.

You got to love the romance of Ducati being champs and KTM also winning a race down in Japan?

A day for the little fella's for sure.

After Lorenzo's pathetic outing today,(and his hystrionics last week) I really hope Dovizioso goes on to claim the title now. He has been excellent for almost 3 seasons now on a bike tha still lacks behind the Aprilia.

Lissa
23-09-07, 02:58 PM
I was rooting for Guintoli.............I love these 'do or die' nutters, it's why I'm such a huge fan or Xaus:D

Was also nice not to see 'the usual suspects' on the podium:D

Biker Biggles
23-09-07, 06:16 PM
Was an interesting race and what a series of blunders by the front runners.It was absolutely clear that dry tyres were needed when Guintolli and Capirex showed the way,but the four at the front just carried on with worn out wets for four laps going four seconds slower.Then Rossi made an elementary error when he pitted to complain about his new tyre being not up to temperature,thus throwing any chance of a good finish to buggery.;)
Entertaining though,and the best man has won the title.
Correct me if Im wrong,but I didnt think Ducati had ever won a world championship in GPs?

Pedrosa
24-09-07, 07:51 AM
BB your childhood memories of Geoff Duke and Edgar Jessop are coorect I am sure. Ducati have never won the "blue riband" championship before. My comment about Ducati previously winning a championship was pure delusion on my part? Who fed me that piece of crap news??

All confirmed here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grand_Prix_motorcycle_racing_World_Champio ns

Correction to info I repeated on a previous thread. Valentino's problem was latter stated to be due to an intermediate front tyre not behaving itself at all and not a brake problem as mentioned.

The Basket
24-09-07, 11:32 AM
The tyre was cold and offered no grip. Rossi foiled again by bad tyres.

I would have preferred the championship won by racing and not by F1 style pitstops.