PDA

View Full Version : fitting exhaust

sv650nutter149
21-09-07, 09:35 PM
got a mate who wants his exhaust cutting so he can fit his blueflame on ... can ne 1 save him some dosh and do it for him?
cheers
ian

FG1
21-09-07, 10:07 PM
Get him to do it himself.
It is quite easy, although if you use a junior hacksaw it takes a while.

When I did mine I managed to get a complete standard exhaust from e bay where the silencer part had scratches on it from a spill.
I just cut that one up and saved the original in case I ever want to put it back on ( can't ever see that happening )

If your mate has the facility to take the whole lot off it is easier to get a nice even cut, although you don't see the cut after fitting the link pipe.

Warthog
21-09-07, 10:09 PM
Did mine myself (well a friend did it), took literally 2 minutes with a hacksaw. Just measure, mark with tape, cut, then file off any nasty edges. Definitely a DIY job!

BTW I'd offer but I don't have a hacksaw. If you can source me one I'll come and point out useful/less stuff. :)

fat_brstd
22-09-07, 12:12 AM
ive got an electric angle grinder if you want, its my housemates but im sure he wont mind it being used for such a good purpose as making a bike sound more awesome. Im happy to do it for him if he wants but i make no guaranties that it will be perfect.

philbut
22-09-07, 08:59 AM
hacksaws cost about 50p...well maybe a bit more but they aint gonna break the bank, and it's p*ss easy. you can't go wrong, just make sure you offer the can up forst and get the cut in the correct place / angle.

Good luck!