PDA

View Full Version : OK, really nervous now.

K
01-10-07, 07:06 AM
Packed my bag, got my paperwork, now left sitting and twiddling my thumbs for a bit before I leave for my first day at Uni. :oops:

The dog's in for a shock - he's had me home for the past 18 months or so, so it's back to the old routine for him. :( (Although I am already looking forward to the massive greeting I know I'll get this evening. ;))

:cool:

kwak zzr
01-10-07, 07:10 AM
you'll be fine:) good luck!:)

Kinvig
01-10-07, 07:12 AM
Good luck!

the_lone_wolf
01-10-07, 07:15 AM
you mean you missed freshers week???

;)

Dave The Rave
01-10-07, 07:27 AM
Good luck mate! You'll be fine!

Tara
01-10-07, 07:31 AM
Good Luck K

Bluepete
01-10-07, 07:33 AM
You've already made your first mistake, you had a bath!

Good luck!

Pete

stewie
01-10-07, 07:35 AM
Good luck K, you,ll be fine :D

the white rabbit
01-10-07, 07:52 AM
Good luck! ;) :smt039

I'm nervous too, Ive got 110 second years arriving in an hour :pale:

hovis
01-10-07, 08:09 AM
Packed my bag, got my paperwork, now left sitting and twiddling my thumbs for a bit before I leave for my first day at Uni. :oops:

The dog's in for a shock - he's had me home for the past 18 months or so, so it's back to the old routine for him. :( (Although I am already looking forward to the massive greeting I know I'll get this evening. ;))

:cool:

awwwwwwww like your first day at school:p

good luck k:kiss:

metalmonkey
01-10-07, 08:22 AM
First day you will be fine sit back and enjoy:D remember everyone else there is in the same situation! Good Luck...know how you feel been and got my degree now...

Then this year I started a job that would change my life, I was so nervous had my back pack with some of my gear and in left home moved to London, haven't looked back since:)

plowsie
01-10-07, 08:23 AM
Good luck K all the best. You will be fine :D

Ping
01-10-07, 08:49 AM
Ooooooh.

:thumbsup:

You are will bein' fine. ;)

the_runt69
01-10-07, 08:51 AM
Good luck K, you might find some nice rugby players there when you arrive

Law
01-10-07, 01:13 PM
Good luck K, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck K, you might find some nice rugby players there when you arrive

:lol: Maybe she might, but I think the university rugby clubs should be renamed university drinking club.

kitkat
01-10-07, 04:15 PM
hope your day went ok and your dog didnt miss you too much

K
01-10-07, 04:28 PM
Heh heh - thanks for the good lucks folks.

Mostly a day of registrations, signing stuff and listening to the head drone on .. ;) Though my timetable starts in full tomorrow and I've got my first lab assignment just before lunch. :roll: Now I need to get my head around 'Academic Writing' and referencing and all that jazz. :puker:

*sigh* I was the oldest student there...

... by 13 years... :oops:

... but I think my mental age brings my average down a bit. :twisted:

Oh yeah - the Equestrian Centre shares its part of the campus with the Sports Studies - so plenty of up & coming rugby players/coaches. ;)

Brian
01-10-07, 06:26 PM
But who's gonna look after the two spiders? :(

Best of luck K :D

kitkat
02-10-07, 08:43 AM
so what is it you are studying? apart from rugby players!

Luckypants
02-10-07, 08:48 AM

Oh yeah - the Equestrian Centre shares its part of the campus with the Sports Studies - so plenty of up & coming rugby players/coaches. ;)

MMMmmmmm.... fit young horsey type women! :makelurve: (just in the interest of balance to the rugby player letching)

Smudge
02-10-07, 08:51 AM
you lucky sod i wish i was at uni good luck with your assignment

Ping
02-10-07, 09:25 AM

Mostly a day of registrations, signing stuff and listening to the head drone on .. ;) Though my timetable starts in full tomorrow and I've got my first lab assignment just before lunch. :roll: Now I need to get my head around 'Academic Writing' and referencing and all that jazz. :puker:

Get some photos... :smt060 :lol:

the white rabbit
02-10-07, 09:35 AM
H

Mostly a day of registrations, signing stuff and listening to the head drone on .. ;)

Boring isn't it ;) :lol:

K
02-10-07, 02:05 PM
so what is it you are studying? apart from rugby players!

Equine Management - though riding isn't part of the assessed course we get lessons timetabled in if we want, plus the dressage coaching and show-jumping.
Unfortunately, due to the dreaded H&S risk assessor I'm not allowed to ride or take part in the stable duties. :( Not until I am fit enough to be able to turn a horse out in full control - bit hard on crutches. Bah!

But the course is two years, so I may be fit at some point. :rolleyes: Instead I get to spend more time doing research n stuff, which is still cool.

ArtyLady
02-10-07, 02:12 PM
Unfortunately, due to the dreaded H&S risk assessor I'm not allowed to ride :(

Shame they take that line...when you consider the Para-Dressage riders? :confused:

Good luck with it all anyway K - my best friend has just finished a degree in Equine Science (took her years - part time) and now owns and runs her own yard (dressage orientated of course!) :cool:

phil24_7
03-10-07, 02:01 AM

Don't forget to plagurise (sp?) at every oportunity, just make sure that your smart about it and go to page 4 or 5 of the google results to get your answers!!! :-)

falc
03-10-07, 05:51 AM
Ah good luck with it all, the whole working bit is always annoying but sure you'll get on fine :thumbsup:

Ping
03-10-07, 08:49 AM
.. and don't forget the pictures... :thumbsup:

the_runt69
03-10-07, 08:53 AM
Down Ping

the white rabbit
03-10-07, 09:46 AM
Don't forget to plagurise (sp?) at every oportunity, just make sure that your smart about it and go to page 4 or 5 of the google results to get your answers!!! :-)

As long as they dont run the software we run ;)

Lissa
03-10-07, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately, due to the dreaded H&S risk assessor I'm not allowed to ride or take part in the stable duties. :( Not until I am fit enough to be able to turn a horse out in full control - bit hard on crutches. Bah!

So none of this for a while, then!

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/Lissasv650/cowboy02.gif

:-D:-D:-D

K
04-10-07, 09:46 AM
As long as they dont run the software we run ;)

Yes I reckon they do - if it's the kind that scans text for online matches.

That's not my problem though - it's more the fact that once I get going I ramble on like a good'un and tend to type like a whole 'stream of conciousness' thing...

... my first draft came in at 800 odd words for a 500 word assignment. :roll:

Anyhoo - that's the first week done (only Monday to Wednesday) ;). Start lab work next week so I'll be spending the next few days putting my new lab coat through the wash a half a dozen times (as it's like wearing a piece of cardboard at the moment) and labouriously editing my work. :roll: