PDA

View Full Version : I've got me a new phone!!!!

Caddy2000
02-10-07, 05:26 PM
Just got a Nokia N95 on O2. It beats my 3210 that work gave me!

I think I have got it all working now (including the Sat Nav), but the only problem that it may have is the GPS receiver is in the number pad at the bottom of the phone, so using it in a car could be slightly problematic......
I've seen that Nokia sell this:

http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4221246

But can I find anyone who sells it? Can I Susan!!!! (can't write b******s)

I was also wondering if anyone knows of a good bluetooth headset that would fit into my lid nicely, or is it work just fitting a cable system?

I still like it! Anyone else got one, and views?

slark01
02-10-07, 05:49 PM
The wife has one and she has found the battery life not so good, also the buttons tend to break easily after heavy use, otherwise it's a good phone. Enjoy!! :)

gettin2dizzy
02-10-07, 05:56 PM
i'm on mine writing this :) the gps should be set before a journey anyway. As for bluetooth don't do it! You've got a frickin mobile, why buy a mobile for it?

Caddy2000
02-10-07, 06:01 PM
i'm on mine writing this :) the gps should be set before a journey anyway. As for bluetooth don't do it! You've got a frickin mobile, why buy a mobile for it?

It's just a bluetooth GPS receiver that you can stick on your windscreen......

tigersaw
02-10-07, 06:05 PM
I was also wondering if anyone knows of a good bluetooth headset that would fit into my lid nicely, or is it work just fitting a cable system?

No idea, but I've just ordered a sony erricson bluetooth headset thingy from Play.com for 9.99 delivered, because at that price its cheap enough to find out.

DarrenSV650S
02-10-07, 06:35 PM
I'm getting the samsung g600 in a few days :D

gettin2dizzy
02-10-07, 06:41 PM
the scala rider is meant to be the best. It must be loud as i can't even hear my walkman with headphones in!

chazzyb
02-10-07, 07:00 PM
I've got a Scala Rider. At full volume I can hear it OK with my earplugs in. It's early days yet though, so that's not a gold-plated recommendation.

bignev
02-10-07, 07:20 PM
I always get my moby stuff at www.mobilefun.co.uk (http://www.mobilefun.co.uk) cheap and very fast on the delivery side.

I used Nokia's for years and got more disgruntled with them with every upgrade. Very nearly bought the 95 until I got one for a trial run. If you ar egoing to use the satnav a lot then never leave home without your charger. From my experience you will get about half a day outta it.

I changed over to the Sony Ericsson K810i. Fantastic phone. Can't fault it in any way. Best mobile camera I've seen as well.

Nev.

DarrenSV650S
02-10-07, 07:25 PM
I was going to get the k810i bignev but was told the joystick stopped working easily. And I work in a dusty environment so it would probably break a lot

bignev
02-10-07, 07:33 PM
Must look out for that one Darren. Mine gets used a hell of a lot with no problems so far but I'll keep my eyes open.

Is that Samsung you're going for the one with the touch pad keys?

Had one of those on trial if it is. Those pesky buttons are a pain in the ass.

Very easy to do stuff you don't want to lol. Be prepared for the 3 second delay on the camera as well if you use it a lot.

Nev.

Pedro68
02-10-07, 07:54 PM
+1 on the K810i :D happy so far ... only grumble (and it is a minor one) is that it's a little awkward for texting on and I have nimble fingers! It's cos they've pinched some "real estate" from the keyboard to give it a bigger screen, but I'll get used to it ;-)

bignev
02-10-07, 08:00 PM
That's what I was worried about with it Pedro cause I've got quite big fingers but find it ok. Plus with using Nokias for so many years I was worried about getting used to it but it is soooooooo easy.

I've got a 4gb card in mine as well so it's got a ridiculous amount of memory.

Nev.

SoulKiss
02-10-07, 08:25 PM
That's what I was worried about with it Pedro cause I've got quite big fingers but find it ok. Plus with using Nokias for so many years I was worried about getting used to it but it is soooooooo easy.

I've got a 4gb card in mine as well so it's got a ridiculous amount of memory.

Nev.

N95 Cons

1) Battery is poor

2) In built GPS is only SIRF2

However I do like it having had one for a couple of months now.

Got a 8GB Card in it, so I can carry a couple of Movies on it as well as a chunk of MP3's

Bluetooth headset wise - 2 choices, both from Jabra, both essentially the same.

If you want to listen to an MP3 player as well (calls mute music) then the BT325 is what you want

http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/UK-UK/products/Pages/JabraBT325s.aspx

If you want to use the N95 for your music player (will kill battery) then the BT320 is what you want - it has controls on it to control your phones MP3 player

http://www.jabra.com/Sites/Jabra/UK-UK/products/Pages/JabraBT320s.aspx

I have both and like both, tho I dont make calls on them - only use for GPS and Music, so not sure how voice quality on outgoing calls when riding, but is good when walking on the street.

DarrenSV650S
02-10-07, 08:29 PM
Must look out for that one Darren. Mine gets used a hell of a lot with no problems so far but I'll keep my eyes open.

Is that Samsung you're going for the one with the touch pad keys?

Had one of those on trial if it is. Those pesky buttons are a pain in the ass.

Very easy to do stuff you don't want to lol. Be prepared for the 3 second delay on the camera as well if you use it a lot.

Nev.
I dont think so. I had a shot of my sisters and thought it was good.

bignev
02-10-07, 08:41 PM
Mybe I had a duff one. Found it quite hard to get used to.I know Samsungs are good phones but I suppose it'spersonal choice.

Nev.

SVeeedy Gonzales
03-10-07, 11:19 AM
t-mobile mda vario 2 - looked at the N95 but apart from the 5mp camera, the vario 2 smacks it down. Do you have to enter all text via the number buttons or is there a stylus? Writing a longer email or report is doable on the vario 2 as it has a mini keyboard, perhaps the main reason why I ddn't go for the N95.

The iphone is coming soon but if you already have an ipod/mps player it's just a bit of a gimmick with a fancy control system. Maybe in 3 years when they get it working properly...

skint
03-10-07, 12:10 PM
I've got a Blue berry err Blackberry - whatever - with satnav and all that - its just a bl**dy phone with the added annoyance of constant emails and fiddly buttons and wotsits to make it a zillion times more complicated that it needs to be. :rolleyes:

I just wanted a telephone so i could ring me mummy. I was happy with my Nokia 1100, it was a phone, you just had to key in the number and you could ring people and talk to em. :(

bignev
03-10-07, 12:38 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh the good old days when mobiles were bricks and payphones were hip!

Nev.