PDA

View Full Version : More Frequent Meetings?

Luckypants
04-10-07, 12:23 PM
We had a chat about this last night at The Bridge. As most of us missed the meet at the Tap, it turns out fortnightly meets means it is long time till the next one. Also with winter coming on, a lot of folks will only be able or willing to get to thier local meet, which would only be every 6 weeks!

So the proposal is have meets weekly, but still rotating around the 'region' to make it easier for folks to meet up. Please vote in the poll, discussion in the thread.

melody
04-10-07, 12:45 PM
I voted for a weekly meeting.

Maybe not quite weekly during the winter, but in spring and summer if there were weekly meets, then there would be more of a chance I'd be able to attend at least one a month.

Am I making sense??

I'm lost again. Someone please direct me back to the Pennine Massive.:p

stewie
04-10-07, 01:03 PM
Weekly sounds good to me, I might actually be able to make a few ;)

mister c
04-10-07, 02:30 PM
Sounds like a good idea especially when spring comes. People will travel further in the better weather.

plowsie
04-10-07, 03:36 PM
I wont vote as i'm not part of the region but as dicussed last night, would be better for those who works nights or cant make certain areas in the dodgy weather that will be soon upon us, as your having to wait 6 weeks for the next meet thats closer to you. And people from other regions like me might fancy a chat one night and not the next so make the hack up.

I think it is a very good idea TBH.

stewie
04-10-07, 03:47 PM
I wont vote as i'm not part of the region but as dicussed last night, would be better for those who works nights or cant make certain areas in the dodgy weather that will be soon upon us, as your having to wait 6 weeks for the next meet thats closer to you. And people from other regions like me might fancy a chat one night and not the next so make the hack up.

I think it is a very good idea TBH.
Mate, you make it to these meets more than some of us locals do, as far as i am concerned you,re border patrol, end of. Sorry for slight derail LP.

MR UKI (1)
04-10-07, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a good idea especially when spring comes. People will travel further in the better weather.

I'd agree, spring/summer weekly, winter/autumn (ugh!) every 2 weeks or even monthly!

Pedro68
05-10-07, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I'm all for weekly meets ... can't guarantee I'll go to every one of them, but then at least I won't feel so bad about missing one ;-)

I do suspect that attendance might drop off though due to the weather.

Pete

EDIT: I don't think monthly is an option ... too much hassle trying to "pick a date" that "most people" can make. Just say "Every wednesday at each of the 3 meeting places - be there or not!". Then people don't feel pressured to make a monthly meeting in the knowledge that if they miss it then it's another month until the next one and also they may feel that they have let the person down who went to the trouble of trying organise the meet. Plus less hassle on the organisation side of it too. All it takes is a quick "hands up who's going" and then you'll know if ya gonna be there alone or not.

IMO

plowsie
05-10-07, 11:12 AM
Then maybe when it gets good weather again, a two weekly meet at the Ponderosa on a sunday for a little blast for people like me who have nothing to do?

Just a suggestion - Ignore me

hovis
05-10-07, 11:16 AM
Voted

Luckypants
14-10-07, 09:15 PM
Lets talk some more about this at the Stormy on Wednesday.