PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Speedy Claire
07-10-07, 03:46 PM
Hi All... after a 2 year absence from biking i`ve just bought myself an SV650 and was pointed in the direction of this forum by a friend.

Having prevously owned a CBR600 and a fazer I`ve gotta say i`m thrilled to bits with the SV... am still taking it easy and regaining my confidence but can`t stay off her! Having been lowered for me i find her a really comfortable and easy bike to ride :smt026

I think I need to get a life cos i`m just sitting here gazing at her out of the window and drooling lol. I look forward to hopefully getting to meet some of you at any future meets.

Brian
07-10-07, 04:47 PM
Hello Claire and welcome to Border Patrol :smt039

Like you said, take it easy until you find yor feet agian, especially this time of year!
Glad you're made-up with the SV, they're a great little bike, I love 'em :D

I think I joined the Org for maybe the same reasons as yourself:
Didn't really have anyone to ride with etc and was bored sitting in the house, so I mainly joined to make a new circle of friends and to go on ride-outs etc.
Check out "The Border Patrol Evening Meets" section for future planned meets etc.

Tchuss..

Bri

slark01
07-10-07, 05:42 PM
WELCOME ABOARD!!
Lots of decent people here to meet and greet.:D:D

Quiff Wichard
07-10-07, 05:43 PM
welcome young lady

I am not around much these days - but- as you are a young lady and I am magnificent thats probably not a bad thing------

ride safe - these guys n gals will become your best mates >.. they aint too bad.

Bluepete
07-10-07, 06:39 PM
Please ignore above post, Quiff has just been out for a ride and is over excited.

Welcome and come out to play!

Pete

Luckypants
07-10-07, 06:45 PM
Croeso! :cool: Come out to play and to the next meet of the Border Patrol

Speedy Claire
07-10-07, 07:11 PM
Big thanks for the welcome guys :-D and no problems re. Quiff other than I think he`s disillusioned... 2 words young and lady an one of them is wrong lol

Quiff Wichard
07-10-07, 07:21 PM
yes you are correct-

I am dissilusioned- as I think I am ace !!:thumleft:

it is of course true

SV Muppet
07-10-07, 07:22 PM
Welcome

:smt039

Speedy Claire
07-10-07, 07:24 PM
Such confidence Quiff lol :D

Quiff Wichard
07-10-07, 07:37 PM
confidence- cockiness.
arrogance

whatever--

hee hee

I am nice honest--------

a little scary but nice

Quiff Wichard
07-10-07, 07:38 PM
crikey claire is that you in yer profile??

i would !!:D

Speedy Claire
07-10-07, 08:20 PM
lmao and spluttering!!! sorry I nearly choked then, my drink went down the wrong way :( yes that`s me... nice pic of the bike tho :D

Luckypants
07-10-07, 08:30 PM
Ahh quiff you old smoothie!

If you off Claire, always worth sticking anote in here to see if anyone up for a ride out.

Speedy Claire
07-10-07, 08:42 PM
I will do thanks... need to get some mileage in before the bad weather.

Erm... i`m off tomor!!!! lol

Quiff Wichard
07-10-07, 09:47 PM
I am off tommorro = golfing day - awwww u missin out on me - unlucky

Quiff Wichard
07-10-07, 09:48 PM
nice pic of the bike?? dont put yourself down

Speedy Claire
08-10-07, 08:18 AM
lol... just saying its a nice pic of the bike... pity its not bigger!!! will have to post some pics in photo`s. Well i`m up but i think the suns overslept... will see how the weather goes re going out anywhere on bike cos at the min its very overcast and miserable looking :(

stewie
08-10-07, 08:50 AM
Hi Claire, welcome aboard mate :D

Baph
08-10-07, 09:27 AM
Ahh quiff you old smoothie!

If you off Claire, always worth sticking anote in here to see if anyone up for a ride out.

Didn't you mention something about a 'locals' ride when we were at the Bridge?

Welcome to the madhouse Claire!

melody
08-10-07, 09:27 AM
Hi Claire

A few of us were out and about yesterday.

If only you'd known.

Never mind, I'm pretty sure we'll see you at another ride.

Another girlie on a bike. :smt026:smt026:smt026:smt026

Pedro68
08-10-07, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the org Claire!

There's a few of us in the area, so I'm sure if you'll find plenty of peeps up for a bit of a bimble every now and then :)

Cheers,
Pete

Speedy Claire
08-10-07, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone... went out for a few hours today, rain held off. Had a good time but unfortunately saw a bike accident... a van pulled out at the roundabout, straight into a guy on a bandit. Was not what i wanted to see whilst regaining my confidence :( fortunately the guy wasn`t too badly hurt, i reckon he`s escaped lightly with just a broken ankle. Shook me up a bit but carried on riding for another hour or so before going home

stewie
08-10-07, 03:38 PM
Unfortunately it happens, not much more you can say about it either, just hope the rider was ok and you,re confidence doesnt take too much of a beating, ride safe mate

MR UKI (1)
08-10-07, 07:10 PM
Hello Speedy Claire and welcome :)

markmoto
09-10-07, 11:19 PM
claire is ace, a nicer lady you will never meet ;) be carefull boys she is very quick witted and has an awesome sense of humour.

Speedy Claire
11-10-07, 12:03 PM
Aww thank you hun.... how do you want the tenner??? cheque or cash?

I bought my SV from Mototech and can`t thank him enough for all his hard work in lowering it for me. Top bloke :D