PDA

View Full Version : Ive joined the IL4 Club...

philbut
08-10-07, 05:22 PM
OK, so it is 13 years old and weights 200kg, but it is called a Ninja in the states. Not gonna get rid of the SV though, the ZZR feels like a barge compared to my curvy. nice and smooth on the motorway though (as you'd expect from somethiong that weighs as much as an elephant)

ASM-Forever
08-10-07, 05:33 PM
So will this be your new workhorse, or weekend toy?

Looks in good nick for 13 years.

Stig
08-10-07, 06:12 PM
I liked them when they first came out. Almost bought one. Ended up with a CBR 6 instead. Very reliable machine so I am told.

Warthog
08-10-07, 10:07 PM
Nice bike! Does this mean you have actually picked it up now?

StreetHawk
09-10-07, 09:10 AM
Ninja's are the best bike ever built aren't they!

This is until I can afford a different one of course..

KnightRider
09-10-07, 09:34 AM
Nice bike.

I can confirm that I will be a IL4 owner for the next 3 weeks also as it is going to take that long for suzuki to ship in a k7 exhaust!

philbut
09-10-07, 11:06 AM
Nice bike! Does this mean you have actually picked it up now?

Yep. Picked it u on sunday. Rode all the way to Northampton 2 up on K's 125 - i'm so glad I was driving, the pillion seat is like a plank of wood.

It's not taxed so I'm not gonna ride it yet. This will be the new hack / long distance tool, as it's not as flickable as the SV, so I imagine not as fun through the twisties. Looks like ti could do with a new rear shock and probably progressive springs in the front end, but I'll see how it goes. Still does 156mph though :p

ASM-Forever
09-10-07, 11:21 AM
2 up on a 125....thats always nasty. If its 33bhp then its passable, but if its a 12bhp, then you have my admiration. :)

ASM-Forever
09-10-07, 11:22 AM
Nice bike.

I can confirm that I will be a IL4 owner for the next 3 weeks also as it is going to take that long for suzuki to ship in a k7 exhaust!

I'm sure you are hassling them daily. ;)

philbut
09-10-07, 11:29 AM
2 up on a 125....thats always nasty. If its 33bhp then its passable, but if its a 12bhp, then you have my admiration. :)

It is only 12bhp (L plates and all). We did manage 75mph on one stretch of the M40, although most of the time it struggled to do 65. First gear is so tall as well, you change up into second and it just feels like you have no power - very frustrating. Baby blade my ar*e!!!

Smudge
09-10-07, 11:30 AM
my mate has a American import ZX6 ninja it looks exactly like the ZZR, its a buzzy thing but what ever floats ya boat

philbut
09-10-07, 11:34 AM
my mate has a American import ZX6 ninja it looks exactly like the ZZR, its a buzzy thing but what ever floats ya boat

It is the same thing - they just slap a Ninja badge on any Kwak with a fairing over there - even a bloody GPZ500 is called the EX5R Ninja!! just wanted something a bit more comfoy for long distance stuff 2 up - oh and cheap to use through winter.

Warthog
09-10-07, 11:45 AM
It's not taxed so I'm not gonna ride it yet.

How did you get it back from Northampton then??

I want to come and see it! We need to do my oil change too at some point. I rang you on Sunday but there was no answer, now I know why.

Smudge
09-10-07, 11:51 AM
looks a lot cleaner than my mates, his is well rusted but he's not big on cleaning his bike so i dought its a flaw on Kawasaki's engineering

plowsie
09-10-07, 12:06 PM
Stewie loves his ZZR. Its a first time starter everytime ;)

philbut
09-10-07, 01:07 PM
How did you get it back from Northampton then??

I want to come and see it! We need to do my oil change too at some point. I rang you on Sunday but there was no answer, now I know why.

OK, so I did ride it home, but now its staying in the garage till I sell the GPZ. 3 bikes is a bit excessive to tax and insure for a student!

I'm out this evening mate and all of tomorrow at a conference in Leeds - going up on the SV. Could do thursday, although now there is no room in the garage so we'll have to do the oil change on the drive. Have you got the filter sorted?

Warthog
09-10-07, 01:46 PM
Not buying it til I head over to yours. Maybe I'll get it tonight then I dunno. No hurry.