PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday 16th Oct - Shire Horse

KnightRider
09-10-07, 11:15 AM
You all know the score. Herewith a post for our regular Tuesday meet.

Hope to see you all at the Shire for some tasty food.

Jon

StreetHawk
09-10-07, 11:26 AM
I'm in...

But - As we all know that dont mean nuffin'... :-)

ASM-Forever
09-10-07, 11:43 AM
Ironically i've gone for the Nick4 option.

Warthog
09-10-07, 11:46 AM
I'm in! Jon owes me a slap-up meal woo!

KnightRider
09-10-07, 01:29 PM
Ironically i've gone for the Nick4 option.

You two are so sweet. Nick4 has gone for the ASM option...is there love in the air :smt055?

StreetHawk
09-10-07, 02:38 PM
I thought it was only fair!

But, if the rumours about ASM are true then i'll be keeping my distance at the next meet! ;-)

ASM-Forever
09-10-07, 02:40 PM
Meh....is there anyone you're not going to accuse of having contracted the ghey?

I think you may be projecting. :)

StreetHawk
09-10-07, 03:20 PM
I think you may be projecting. :)

Nope, it's just the cut of the trousers.. :D

ASM-Forever
09-10-07, 03:37 PM
LOL

sv650nutter149
09-10-07, 09:25 PM
do i have to come??? i really dont want to bugger the spirit is taking over me noooooo.....forcing me out on the sv lol so i will be there.

ogden
10-10-07, 07:23 PM
Hmm, first post and in a thread about a regular meet at a pub that's so close I could practically walk to it (if I weren't a lazy git).

So, er, evenin' all. Should I show my face? Prace bets now...

Stig
10-10-07, 09:01 PM
Hmm, first post and in a thread about a regular meet at a pub that's so close I could practically walk to it (if I weren't a lazy git).

Yes you should. See you next Tuesday. :wink:

StreetHawk
10-10-07, 09:10 PM

Hello mate :D

Come along on tuesday, be good to see a new face.. I'm from Maidenhead originally, just moved over to Bracknell.. is that a Kwak in your sig pic?

ogden
10-10-07, 09:17 PM
Hello mate :D

Come along on tuesday, be good to see a new face.. I'm from Maidenhead originally, just moved over to Bracknell.. is that a Kwak in your sig pic?

Yeah, a '96 7R, my pride and joy til I accidentally destroyed it last year and flogged what was left of it bit by bit on ebay. Spot of resulting insurance trouble means I've downsized to an SV for the time being - been pleasantly surprised at how quick it is, though I scored an RGV last weekend (as per sig) and the SV feels a bit like a tractor in comparison! (Am I allowed to say that here??? ;) )

Stig
10-10-07, 09:42 PM
SV feels a bit like a tractor in comparison! (Am I allowed to say that here??? ;) )

No you can't. Be gone with your cruel derogatory words of scorn. :smt093

;)

ASM-Forever
10-10-07, 10:11 PM
the SV feels a bit like a tractor in comparison! (Am I allowed to say that here??? ;) )

By all means, i dont know anyone dumb enough to own one. :p

Don't let the Ape fool you, he has a Dullsville, not a SV.

I'm also the real power here....best to buy me a drink to curry favour. Preferred currency is snout.

:-dd

Warthog
11-10-07, 12:42 PM

BANZAII!

Yeah sure mate, come down! The more the merrier, especially if you are nice. If you are not, I will tell you, and you shall go away in shame. :D

Stig
11-10-07, 05:36 PM
By all means, i dont know anyone dumb enough to own one. :p

Don't let the Ape fool you, he has a Dullsville, not a SV.

I'm also the real power here....best to buy me a drink to curry favour. Preferred currency is snout.

:-dd

You gotta turn up to accept payment. So I recon ogden has nothing to worry about.

ASM-Forever
11-10-07, 06:00 PM
You gotta turn up to accept payment. So I recon ogden has nothing to worry about.

I'm injured you see...you've never seen the like. ;)

I don't want to hear or see any of your tall west country tales, or staged photographs. :p

Stig
11-10-07, 07:43 PM
I'm injured you see...you've never seen the like. ;)

I don't want to hear or see any of your tall west country tales, or staged photographs. :p

OK I wont bother. :rolleyes:

Warthog
15-10-07, 04:24 PM
Tomorrows forecast for Oxford: Double rain and 3 degrees at night. Woohoo! See you all at the pub!

Yours,
Drowned Rat.

Stig
15-10-07, 04:44 PM
Yup, I shall still be there regardless.

StreetHawk
15-10-07, 05:05 PM
Me too, come rain or shine, nothing stops me getting to these meets..

;-)

Sosha
15-10-07, 05:35 PM
My Bike's legal....Mot/ tyres/ a chain that doesn't stretch every 10 miles.....woohooo!! Might make it. Still have no decent waterproofs & if I do brave the elements someone has to remind me I'm having the steak......
mmmm onion rings....

The Steak. That's important - none of this Thai prawn Curry rubbish.

The Steak.

Stig
15-10-07, 05:47 PM
Me too, come rain or shine, nothing stops me getting to these meets..

;-)

See you again in the Summer then. :!:

Stig
15-10-07, 05:48 PM
My Bike's legal....Mot/ tyres/ a chain that doesn't stretch every 10 miles.....woohooo!! Might make it. Still have no decent waterproofs & if I do brave the elements someone has to remind me I'm having the steak......
mmmm onion rings....

The Steak. That's important - none of this Thai prawn Curry rubbish.

The Steak.

Would that be The Steak with meat in it :?: Just checking s'all. :p

Warthog
15-10-07, 06:10 PM
Nothing like a well-hung steak, and the steak in the Shire Horse was WELL hung! :-P

ogden
15-10-07, 08:01 PM
Tomorrows forecast for Oxford: Double rain and 3 degrees at night.

Sod that. If I can get it running, I'll be in the car. If not, I'll walk!

scifibloke
15-10-07, 10:04 PM
I think it only apt to inform people it'll be chucking it down tonight/tomorow morning...
Mmmmm... lots a diesel! :reaper:

Not that I'm trying to put anyone off... ;)

I may be there, so long as my back stops hurting, and making me walk around like I have a broom stuck somewhere you wouldn't want it!!! :(

KnightRider
16-10-07, 07:17 AM
I think it only apt to inform people it'll be chucking it down tonight/tomorow morning...
Mmmmm... lots a diesel! :reaper:

Not that I'm trying to put anyone off... ;)

I may be there, so long as my back stops hurting, and making me walk around like I have a broom stuck somewhere you wouldn't want it!!! :(

You lightweight! A little bit of rain would stop you from riding your bike!

I'll be there rain or shine as I will be coming directly from work.

Jon

PS - hope your back gets better.

StreetHawk
16-10-07, 09:36 AM
What time are people arriving? I'll be eating this time so will be hungry!

KnightRider
16-10-07, 10:52 AM
7.15-7.30 only cause I cant get there earlier from work.

Yum Yum Yum

Stig
16-10-07, 11:04 AM
Depends on how late I decide to work tonight. What time you thinking of getting there Nick? If someone else is going to be there early then I'll sack the OT and get my ass down there early.

StreetHawk
16-10-07, 11:38 AM
I was thinking of getting there for 7 but need to make a stop on the way so more likely 7.30 now.. If it's tanking down i'll be in the car.

Stig
16-10-07, 12:10 PM
Well that 'aint exactly early now is it. Guess I'll be doing the OT then. I expect I'll be there some time around 6:30.

KnightRider
16-10-07, 12:25 PM
:laughat:If it's tanking down i'll be in the car.

Fairy:smt051

stevehaskew
16-10-07, 12:32 PM
If it's raining on the way home and my gloves get as wet as they did this morning, I might have to risk being called a fairy too...

Need to get myself some winter gear!

fyi, I'll be there about 7ish

ogden
16-10-07, 12:56 PM
Car battery on charge in the kitchen now. Looking good! ;)

Stig
16-10-07, 01:43 PM
Well I am going to expect at least another 5 people there besides myself as per the poll. You all know who you are :)

Warthog
16-10-07, 03:04 PM
I am still good, but my girlfriend bought me food that I have to eat, so I will be not too early. Probably in the car with Philbut too, it is torrential up here at the moment.

philbut
16-10-07, 03:10 PM
I am still good, but my girlfriend bought me food that I have to eat, so I will be not too early. Probably in the car with Philbut too, it is torrential up here at the moment.

Yeah, and i stupidly went out in jeans and now i dont want to ride home:(

After last night "fireworks" dr Nick i may be laim and stay in. i dont want to have to break into my own front door again :smt013

Warthog
16-10-07, 03:53 PM
Yeah, and i stupidly went out in jeans and now i dont want to ride home:(

After last night "fireworks" dr Nick i may be laim and stay in. i dont want to have to break into my own front door again :smt013

But you need to stamp your authority! Otherwise she has won! And I don't know if I want to go 30 miles in the rain on my own... :(

sv650nutter149
16-10-07, 04:26 PM
its all good weather here so im coming... get there bout 7 ish gotta beat my record on drifting on carbon lol

SDMF
16-10-07, 04:36 PM
I shall be there between 6:30 and 7.....

ogden
16-10-07, 04:48 PM
its all good weather here so im coming... get there bout 7 ish gotta beat my record on drifting on carbon lol

Maidenhead's dry and fairly bright at the moment, hasn't rained significantly all day.

Which, no doubt, means the heavens will open in half an hour or so. Fingers crossed the car starts...

StreetHawk
16-10-07, 05:20 PM
Yep, it's dry here at the mo.. Forecast is heavy rain until early hours but i'm gonna brave it and get the bike out anyway cos i'm hardcore... ;-)

Stig
16-10-07, 05:21 PM
I shall soon be leaving work. As I am now the last one in the office I have to do all the security checks, so an additional 10 minutes on top. Should be there shortly after 7 I think.

ogden
16-10-07, 10:25 PM
OK, so, to remind me, who was who?

stevehaskew
16-10-07, 10:51 PM
I was there, sitting vaguely opposite you, tall, white t-shirt, kept looking outside to see if it was raining!

Stig
17-10-07, 06:51 AM
I'm tank story man. :oops: Sorry if I bored everyone to death.

Stig
17-10-07, 06:57 AM
Considering the weather, I thought it was a reasonable turn out.

Sosha, girl you must have been completely soaked. :smt103

It took me an extra 5 minutes to get ready to leave with all my waterproof gear, and then another 5 minutes undoing it all again to find my bike key. #-oBut I got home nice and dry, even if the bike did decide to play the 2 cylinders 1 cylinder game.

KnightRider
17-10-07, 08:58 AM

I was the short guy that was always wrong.

StreetHawk
17-10-07, 09:33 AM
I was sat near the window next to the short guy!

Got wet hands and crotch on the way home !! Next time I must remember to wear my gloves under the jacket as this must be where the water got in. Also, had a pair of waterproof trousers under my seat, maybe it would have been better to have then on my legs... :-)

KnightRider
17-10-07, 09:54 AM
I was sat near the window next to the short guy!

Got wet hands and crotch on the way home !! Next time I must remember to wear my gloves under the jacket as this must be where the water got in. Also, had a pair of waterproof trousers under my seat, maybe it would have been better to have then on my legs... :-)

He was also the guy who left early cause his missus had beckoned him home.

Sosha
17-10-07, 10:17 AM
Sosha, girl you must have been completely soaked. :smt103

Jacket held out surprisingly well considering.
Inexplicably started giggling 1/2 way back along the M4.... though confess it would have been more fun without the brand new tyre paranoia and a dryer a4se.....

Must go bike kit shopping....

(damn)

Got one of those not exactly waterproof oversuits somewhere but by the time I've battled my way into it and then realized my bike keys are still in my pocket I'd almost rather get rained on. :rolleyes:

Sosha
17-10-07, 10:21 AM

I was the token Female.....:(

Warthog
17-10-07, 02:11 PM
I didn't show up cos Phil cancelled on me and it was torrential rain in Oxford. Next time I'll get a better posse together and we'll make it down.

ASM-Forever
17-10-07, 05:10 PM
I didn't show up cos Phil cancelled on me and it was torrential rain in Oxford. Next time I'll get a better posse together and we'll make it down.

I wouldn't worry, as it turns out the best riders dont go to meets. :p

SDMF
17-10-07, 05:25 PM

You missed out on some great tank stories!!!

Stig
17-10-07, 05:41 PM
You missed out on some great tank stories!!!

I have more. Look forward to divulging next meet :wink:

Sosha
17-10-07, 05:46 PM
Now I know why I was always so nervous cycling around Fulford...:smt107 :pale:

Warthog
17-10-07, 09:08 PM
I love tanks! I will wear my special Ukranian T34 t-shirt, in honour of the Ape. Save me some cool stories!

scifibloke
18-10-07, 08:11 PM
Yes, thanks for the Tank comedy tales... you really should write some down! ;)

StreetHawk
19-10-07, 09:38 AM
Yes, thanks for the Tank comedy tales... you really should write some down! ;)

Sounds like I missed out! Should have stayed to hear the tank tales... :rolleyes:

KnightRider
19-10-07, 10:05 AM
Sounds like I missed out! Should have stayed to hear the tank tales... :rolleyes:

I hope you got suitably rewarded for leaving early :makelurve: