PDA

View Full Version : The Tap, Eastham Ferry, 24th October

Luckypants
17-10-07, 11:06 PM
Whose gonna go? Will you come or will it be the 'Usual Suspects' again?

There's a public poll to say if you coming or not......

Pedro68
18-10-07, 09:36 AM
Yup, I'll be there :)

Works out quite well actually as I have the kids for half-term the following week so wouldn't be able to make a meeting that week.

See ya next week!

plowsie
18-10-07, 09:39 AM
PHWOAR this is so that you beat Stewie i bet :-P lol Eager Beaver times 3 lol

plowsie
18-10-07, 09:49 AM
Sorry forgot to say, not gonna do this one its the furthest for me and with it getting colder etc i ent gonna make it :( lol

Pedro68
18-10-07, 10:16 AM
Sorry forgot to say, not gonna do this one its the furthest for me and with it getting colder and me losing vast amounts of fat reserves i ent gonna make it :( lol
Replaced the etc for ya ;-) :-P LOL

Speedy Claire
18-10-07, 09:09 PM
Yep i`ll come along too... anyone got any heated grips I can borrow??? has anyone ever tried stuffing a ho****er bottle down their jacket prior to a ride out in cold weather??? Marks and Spencers thermal knickers... do they work or not??? ok i`m nesh but i`ll still come lol

Luckypants
18-10-07, 10:37 PM
Marks and Spencers thermal knickers... do they work or not???

joking aside, yes they do. M&S thermals are very good. In Spring/Autumn I wear thermal long johns and long sleeve T-shirt under leathers with a 'normal' polo neck long sleeve top. Keeps me toasty most of the time.

For the winter I have just bought pukka textiles, since the wet weather we had for the 'North meets South' and 'AE07' rideouts demonstrated the advantages of textiles to me.

Now please lets not derail this, if we want a chat about thermal knickers, lets start another thread! (yes I know I started it!)

Brian
19-10-07, 06:58 PM
Will I be at the tap?.... No comment ;)

Lol i'm allways bein' called nesh, not a word you hear much these days unless you're me.
Longjohns are ace, I wear 'em all year round in work it's like wearing pajamas!

Speedy Claire
19-10-07, 07:50 PM
Hmm there`s a thought.... am just rushing off to see if my pyjama`s fit under my bike gear!!!

markmoto
20-10-07, 04:32 PM
No you want heated grips like mine claire you know you do hmm hands warm as toast
:-)

Speedy Claire
20-10-07, 05:33 PM
Nah i wouldn`t waste my money...... I`m a scouser, i`ll just nick yours :smt077

markmoto
20-10-07, 09:48 PM
yep but im also a scouser as you know and il rob your bike if you do :-)

Speedy Claire
20-10-07, 10:55 PM
Hang on... did you ever give me that spare key???? :(

markmoto
21-10-07, 08:54 AM
Haha yep but i took a copy just in case ;)

mac608
21-10-07, 04:17 PM
No MOT so won't be joining you

Speedy Claire
21-10-07, 05:47 PM
Haha yep but i took a copy just in case ;)

Geez... Scousers!!!!! not to be trusted :pale: just off to check out ebay for a new ignitition barrell!

Erm.. couldn`t fit it for me could ya??? :smt081

Baph
22-10-07, 09:19 AM
I shant be there for this one. Harry's hospital appointment same day. Thinking about it, depending on timing... "Jen, I think I know a good place to stop off for something to eat on the way home." ;) But I'd be in the car, with Jen & Harry then, nowhere near as much fun for the journey.

Before anyone says anything about The Tap not being on my way home, the appointment is at Alder Hey. So :p

Luckypants
22-10-07, 09:27 AM
Something's come up, so cannot attend. :(

Pedro68
22-10-07, 01:28 PM
Geez... Scousers!!!!! not to be trusted :pale: just off to check out ebay for a new ignitition barrell!

Errrrr, I'm just off to put up a bogus advert:

FOR SALE: Ignition barrel + keys for SV650 :-P

ay, ay, calm down dear, it's only a commercial ... damn I morphed from Sinbad from Brookside into Michael Winner in the space of a sentence!

LMAO
Pete

Speedy Claire
22-10-07, 05:56 PM
Am just about to print off dodgy credit card with dodgy i.d. in order to purchase dodgy ignition barrel from ebay!

Wonder if they`ve any pink shell suits going cheap? :D

Pedro68
23-10-07, 08:44 AM
Damn cheek! Do I LOOK like the sort of bloke who wears a pink shell-suit? Gotta be turquoise :-P

Ah ... the penny has just dropped ... it was YOU (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=98949)! :D ;-)

Speedy Claire
23-10-07, 04:39 PM
lol... am awaiting delivery as i type :D

easter
24-10-07, 11:33 AM
im hoping to make tonights meet if i finish work in time.......... what time do you guys expect to be there?

plowsie
24-10-07, 11:35 AM
7.30 the meet starts mate! Not gonna be there for deffo tonight guys. Got some trials, have a good un!

Pedro68
24-10-07, 02:05 PM
easter, as "the man" says ... meet starts about 7:30pm ... I'm aiming to be there between then and 8pm ... Stewie should be coming along too ... and there may be one or two more ... Brian? Speedy_Claire? Mototech?

see ya's all later (I hope!)

Pete

Brian
24-10-07, 04:50 PM
I'll be there, roughly the same time as Pete :p

MR UKI (1)
24-10-07, 08:50 PM
Back from the Tap, nice to meet you Stewie and Brian and again Pete, hope you all got back OK. M56 was a nightmare, 4 accidents between Runcorn and Manchester Airport (all cages though).

stewie
24-10-07, 09:12 PM
Yeah I just got back home as well, it was good to meet Paul and Brian for the first time and of course Pete, catch you all soon :D
stew

Brian
24-10-07, 11:03 PM
I just got home too!
Got some more petrol and went for a little blast on my tod until around midnight, love night-time rides :D
Nice to meet all of you guys, well some of you anyway ;)

Bri

plowsie
25-10-07, 08:22 AM
Wish i'd gone now :(

Pedro68
25-10-07, 08:44 AM
I got back too :) Good to see Stew and Paul again, and nice to meet you Brian for the first time.

Brian that's a mint looking bike you have m8 - and a nice high-level exhaust :-P

Good evening ... which is more than I can say for the footy :(

Pete

Brian
25-10-07, 05:55 PM
Cheers Pete! :D

It always looks 'mint' in the dark mate lol.
The bike has it's warts, few scratches, bit of rust here and there, and like I said, it was dark ;)
I think it's done well for a bike, kept in the back yard for a year though, with only an Oxford Stormex cover for protection, then again, 5hr cleaning frenzies arn't unusual lol.

Yeah, love my CCC can, no where near as loud as yours though, even with my baffles out!! lol

Enjoyed the 'sedate' ride home too ;)

Bri

Pedro68
25-10-07, 07:48 PM
Bri, I never got any baffles in that can when I bought the bike ... and thankfully *touch wood* I've not been pulled over it (yet?!) ;-) I do love the sound of it tho - especially going thru the tunnels :D

Well as Stewie will no doubt confirm, I tend to "hoon it like a loon" on my commute, so I just preferred to sorta take it a bit easier on the way home ;-)

Pete

plowsie
26-10-07, 12:28 AM
Is that easier, Pedro - Plowsie i'm gonna go down a single track road with divots on it, or easy Luckypants (and North Wales) Style?

Pedro68
26-10-07, 06:55 AM
Easier Luckypants style ... although perhaps not quite as graceful ;-) LOL

Thankfully I know the Wirral relatively well, so not much chance of getting lost anyhow ;-) Although Stewie and Brian may be a little confused as to why I ended up in a car park around the corner from The Tap.

Well for the benefit of Stewie and Brian ...
I realised that the road around the corner from The Tap was quite narrow and had no street lighting, so rather than take that route, I preferred to go back the way we came in, even if it did mean going back on ourselves a little bit ... ultimately it was the safer route (and probably only took us about half a mile out of our way - well for me and Brian anyway; for Stewie it was the quickest route back to the M53).
So there ya go ;-)

Luckypants
26-10-07, 08:47 AM
Was Stewie in the cage again?

plowsie
26-10-07, 08:54 AM
Think he had OUD running cos he had fairings for it....

Prove me wrong Stewie, go on do it!

stewie
26-10-07, 09:12 AM
I was on the bike ! and at a meet ! double whammy ! :D

plowsie
26-10-07, 09:14 AM
Woah watch you dont give yourself a nosebleed ey chap!

Pedro68
26-10-07, 10:26 AM
yeah and nice looking curvy if I do say so meself ... as I said on the night stewie, it's got a bit of a "race rep" look going on now :) ... oh and Stewie ... it was Grinch I was referring to when I said someone on the org had already cut down their side fairings m8 ;-) last time I looked it was in his avatar but I'm sure there's a post about it somewhere too

Speedy Claire
26-10-07, 12:08 PM
Glad you all had a good nite and sorry i couldn`t make it :( turned out to be a really mild and warm nite too.... hopefully will make next one tho but by that time and i`ll warn you all now... i`ll probs take my car, i like my comforts lol

Brian
26-10-07, 12:59 PM
Although Stewie and Brian may be a little confused as to why I ended up in a car park around the corner from The Tap.

Lol, was wondering why you went down there, I just did a u-turn at the tap, waited for a bit and then done another u-turn to see where you's had gone to lol.
Yeah it's great going through the tunnel/s without baffles, sometimes it feels like the whole tunnel is reverberating :cool:

I forgot how nice 'n cosy it was inside the Tap, two great big tellys, even a big jelly bean machine, the barman was a nice chap too!
I used to sit outside the Tap on the wall and watch all the planes taking off and landing from Speke as the flightpath is right over the Tap, you might of heard a few lol.

Claire, dun worry about not being able to make it, it can't be helped especially with your job :thumbsup:

Pedro68
26-10-07, 01:28 PM
Claire, dun worry about not being able to make it, it can't be helped especially with your job :thumbsup:
+1 to wot he said ;-)

Luckypants
26-10-07, 02:33 PM
it can't be helped especially with your job :thumbsup:

Ohhhhhh what's your job Claire? International spy?

Pedro68
26-10-07, 02:57 PM
Ok at the risk of teaching a moderator to "suck eggs" ... Claire's job is in her profile ;-)

Luckypants
26-10-07, 03:22 PM
Doh! #-o

Speedy Claire
26-10-07, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys.... being a dolphin trainer can be so demanding
at times!!!! they can be so stubborn and refuse to conform :D

Seriously tho i`m looking forward to meeting you all and will do my utmost to make the next meet even if I come in the car!

easter
26-10-07, 09:58 PM
glad you all had a good time, sorry i couldnt make it. hope to make the next one.