PDA

View Full Version : Are you lot all grandads

plowsie
18-10-07, 01:39 PM
Lol as the title says...Are ya? :help:

Does no-one fancy doing meets at a specific place in the week? :( As some of you may or may not be aware i go to some of the border patrol meets...Its cos you lot are all in your rocking chairs with ya pipes in and ya dressing gowns on ent it :-P:geek:

Lets be a bit more hardcore, get out on the bikes in the evenings :smt068 yer i know its a bit chilly, thats what you have winter kit for :rolleyes: Not very good with locations to meet up at but surely we could arrange two or three to chop and change between? :smt025

Whose wimme on this? :smt114

2mths
18-10-07, 01:45 PM
I could be bereated into attending something of this nature.

The thought had occured to me that EAR was a bit light on the meeting front. However as a relative noob I didn't think it my place to comment.

I keep meaning to go down to the Soho meet again, once more before the salt comes I hope.

Pedro68
18-10-07, 01:46 PM
PMSL ... Plowsie, ever the tactful eh ;-)
Don't you realise, it's nap-time in the old folks home??
I'm sure they'll be along soon ... maybe after "Murder She Wrote" or "Columbo" has finished ;-) :-P
Just kidding chaps n chapesses :D

*runs off back to the Border Patrol and hides behind ... errrrr, Plowsie!* LOL

Sharka Zulu
18-10-07, 02:01 PM
time and place im there

Dicky Ticker
18-10-07, 06:15 PM
Young whipper snapper------------Cold is when we use our bus pass;)and yes five times over to the original question

Seriously though may of the proposed rideouts never seem to happen as peeps drop out and it all falls by the wayside

Me,I don't mind dry daytime but not very fond of riding in the dark,so if you can arrange something this old gerryhatrick will try to get his leg over and come along

Cheers Mac

plowsie
19-10-07, 08:33 AM
Yer i know folks have work commitments etc and dont like riding in the dark etc, but if we can sort a few places out its not gonna be far to ride. Personally i dont like riding in the dark, my style doesnt suit it. But for a few glasses of coke and a bit of banter i'd make the effort.

Also i've only really met 4 or 5 from my own section, 2mths, Jar, Paws and Skip AFAIK. Be nice to meet some others.

Yes rideouts do get blown away in ideas cos people dont turn up for various reasons. But hey a rideout is a rideout, 2 or 3 of you may make it better than a big group. Depends how u want to make it. The innaugral meet for the Border Patrol, I decided to go to for a ride(for my first time up to the Ponderosa), with Luckypants, ended up 5 turned up, not as expected(more we wanted), and we got the info outta the way for regular meets and had a jolly good run round some local Welsh roads with Luckypants, Baph and Pedro.

I feel the need for meets :(

K
19-10-07, 08:39 AM
My joints don't work in the cold. ;)

plowsie
19-10-07, 08:40 AM
You have an excuse, thats not fair, got it regular meets at K's place :D

Dicky Ticker
19-10-07, 09:20 AM
Perhaps a series of border meets for a coffee and banter with the adjoining areas over the winter
i.e East Anglia-------Essexs,Migs& Pennine
Essex-------------Selkent, Soho & Thames Valley
So on and so on,if you get the drift. Never to far but meeting new faces even if it is only two or three from each area

plowsie
19-10-07, 09:32 AM
I'd happily lead a ride up to north wales :D lol, i cant get lost going up there...i think :lol:

petevtwin650
19-10-07, 09:57 AM
Are you lot all grandads

YES!

plowsie
19-10-07, 10:00 AM
Are you lot all grandads

YES!
I know you are :p:smt077:king:

Mike2165
19-10-07, 10:08 AM
Perhaps a series of border meets for a coffee and banter with the adjoining areas over the winter
So on and so on,if you get the drift. Never to far but meeting new faces even if it is only two or three from each area

Will they do Cocoa too?

Mike2165
19-10-07, 10:08 AM

Any chance of Cocoa too?

Skip
19-10-07, 11:06 AM
I am still riding! I have winter gloves and warm jumpers to put on!

Organise something then Plowsie - if I managed it then so can you! :p

plowsie
19-10-07, 11:42 AM
Haha yer but no-one seems to be hearing me! I havent got a clue of places, i'd hapilly post up meets info etc but K's the mod so i think she should be in charge ;)

Skip
19-10-07, 02:59 PM
Haha yer but no-one seems to be hearing me! I havent got a clue of places, i'd hapilly post up meets info etc but K's the mod so i think she should be in charge ;)
Thats just slack! I rode for an hour to a meet point I had just found on a map - did a route for two hours and then rode home - they were all roads I had never been on before - get out there and find a route!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102456361289571369590.0004357b190720a941fd8&ll=52.345408,-0.11261&spn=0.359068,0.922852&z=10&om=1

Just look at a map and find a bendy road :D

plowsie
19-10-07, 03:01 PM
I meant like a sit in pub, bitta banter sorta thing Skip. Looks like your organising a rideout though. "it wasnt me officer it was him" ;) :lol:

Skip
19-10-07, 03:15 PM
I meant like a sit in pub, bitta banter sorta thing Skip. Looks like your organising a rideout though. "it wasnt me officer it was him" ;) :lol:
Dont make me ride to Northampton just to whip you into shape young man! :lol:

I see - this time of year a warm pub and a couple of sodas would be most welcome - not sure I would dual-carriageway-it all the way to Northampton in an evening for that though...!

Sunday afternoon or something perhaps?

plowsie
19-10-07, 03:22 PM
Lol i would ride to places for others i ent bothered about riding as long as it's no longer than two hours one way. 2mths would most likely join me on one or two jaunts.

There you go, Skip is organising it for us peeps :smt054

Skip
19-10-07, 04:07 PM
There you go, Skip is organising it for us peeps :smt054
PMSL! You b**ard!! :smt043

Hmm, maybe - got a lot going on in my life right now - but maybe...

K
19-10-07, 06:07 PM
... but K's the mod so i think she should be in charge ;)

Hey - don't pick on me! ;) I'm just the ol' duffer that get's to slap your wrists if you get outta line in my little playground! :twisted:
It's not my fault you are so well behaved I get to take a nap every now and then. :D

Anyhoo, I'm actually two-wheeled-mobile this winter, but pootling around on a skizzy little 125 doesn't make for very interesting rideouts. :rolleyes:

2mths
23-10-07, 01:04 PM
A 125 rideout would be funny sometime (when I have the CG on the road - which reminds me I still hve to send a letter asking for my refund on money they took for a policy renewal that I didn't agree to).

To be honest now the first salt is down I'm not terribly inclined to use the SV. My first two bikes are rotted horribly by it and as I don't have good facilities for cleaning it nor much in the way of inclination it's not a good idea. Quite happy to be called an FWB. I've ridden in winter in the past, have no need to do so now so bugger it. I am a bit tempted to get a bigger hack just get use in salt conditions. That will have to wait till at least next year though having only just bought the SV.

Skip
23-10-07, 01:09 PM
Have they actually started salting??? I know its been a bit frosty but I wasnt sure they had actually done it yet - soon as they have I will stop riding - my bike looks older than its years as it is without ever having ridden a salty road! :(

BigBaddad
05-11-07, 09:00 AM
I thought that your bike was always getting covered in salty fluids Skip!

As for the meet up thing, I'm stuck at work until late each day.

Paws
20-12-07, 08:07 PM
I have a good excuse, im laid up with a broken leg since Sept.
Though tbh if things continue with Ric like they are i doubt you guys will see much of me come summer unless you come to ace/soho :)

2mths
21-12-07, 08:07 AM
Regular trips to Frith Street it'll have to be then!

Paws
21-12-07, 02:40 PM
Regular trips to Frith Street it'll have to be then!

yay, itd be nice to have company for the ride down there :cool:

plowsie
21-12-07, 02:44 PM
Andy, if you get this before Sunday gis a text, goin for a meet if you fancy a lil ride. I know the bike is packed away but thought i'd mention it. Just that you ent on MSN.

2mths
28-12-07, 03:54 PM
yay, itd be nice to have company for the ride down there :cool:

I'd never keep up :-)

2mths
28-12-07, 03:56 PM
Andy, if you get this before Sunday gis a text, goin for a meet if you fancy a lil ride. I know the bike is packed away but thought i'd mention it. Just that you ent on MSN.

'lo - Bike does still have two wheels but I need to stick firm and not ride it till I've got the forks straightened (*crosses fingers*). I suspect I'm a week late with this message :-)

Wasn't on MSN as I wan't at work nor on 'pute's at home much.

Paws
28-12-07, 04:45 PM
I'd never keep up :-)

lol im not a fast rider tbh and if i get the 675 i'll be spending most the summer running it in :smt069

2mths
28-12-07, 10:01 PM
I got the unedited version of that post by email - but I'm saying nothing about the typo ;-)

As for running in - that's what the first weekend you have it for is for isn't it?

I think I might be the only person in N'ton now that's actually got an SV.

Paws
28-12-07, 10:53 PM
I got the unedited version of that post by email - but I'm saying nothing about the typo ;-)

As for running in - that's what the first weekend you have it for is for isn't it?

I think I might be the only person in N'ton now that's actually got an SV.

ssshhh lol, and i have to work weekends :(

2mths
31-12-07, 11:03 AM
Well running down the M1 is now way to run a bike it - so Miss you'll just have to get your **** out there on whatever days off you do have and put some miles in. Though I'll let you off if the weather is rubbish, especially to the point of having salt on the road (not nice for shiney new thing).