PDA

View Full Version : Biaggi Back!

The Basket
18-10-07, 05:36 PM
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/news/156078-0/gresini_opens_biaggi_talks.html

Biaggi is back on the way!

mister c
18-10-07, 05:43 PM
This man is GOD. He has been my hero for a long time. Alright, so he doesn't win too many races, but his riding style is the smoothest I've ever seen.
Pedrosa reminds me a lot of him. Would be nice to see him back in Moto GP, but we'll have to wait & see :)

The Basket
18-10-07, 05:54 PM
God he Is! The Bearded one whose return I have predicted shall be showing little Spanish boys and upstart Aussies the quickest way round.

Move over Rossi...the one True Italian Racer is coming!

sinbad
18-10-07, 06:04 PM
God he Is! The Bearded one whose return I have predicted shall be showing little Spanish boys and upstart Aussies the quickest way round.

Move over Rossi...the one True Italian Racer is coming!

That would be Melandri on a Ducati, presumably :)

I love Biaggi, though, he's added something great to the WSB season this year.

mister c
18-10-07, 06:08 PM
The Gresini machine in the right hands could be quite a weapon, we have seen a few sparks from Melandri this year, so hopefully it could be competitive with Max aboard.

svtrev
18-10-07, 06:12 PM
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/motogp/news/156078-0/gresini_opens_biaggi_talks.html

Biaggi is back on the way!

It would be a shame for SBK to lose Biaggi

I recon if he had stayed on the suzuki next year he had a very good chance of being SBK champ

Pedrosa
19-10-07, 08:20 AM
I have to say guys that this development has really taken me by surprise. In an interview not much more than a week ago Max was enthusing as to how much he preferred life in WSBK in comparison with the atmosphere in Moto GP. He appeared completely at ease with life and determined to push right to the end of the season and maybe next.

This is far from a "dun deal" as Honda might well bare a grudge over Max's controversial departure from Moto GP. I hope he is riding somewhere next year as personally I really like the guy.

plowsie
19-10-07, 08:54 AM
Once he left GP's I honestly didnt think he would be back, he took his year out of racing and then went into the supers and even then i thought he wasn't going to be any use. Never used to like the guy cos i'm a Rossi fan but i tell you what he's turned a few heads in that paddock i bet. Good on ya Max!

Pedrosa
19-10-07, 09:56 AM
I've been thinking about this some more and think we are seeing a direct result of Corona pulling their sponsorship from WSBK. After all Max won't come cheap and so to stay with the Suzuki team was likely to prove difficult.

The Basket
19-10-07, 11:20 AM
yeah but everyone has slagged off Honda this year...Melendri Hayden and even the Golden Child.

Checa says it is the worst bike he has ridden! Now that tame to what Biaggi says!

So bring back the Max I say...he has done the crime and the time so a full red carpet welcome from Honda is on the cards. Can't say he wont make things lively.

Hey PH...no mention of St Helens anywhere!

Pedrosa
19-10-07, 12:54 PM
yeah but everyone has slagged off Honda this year...Melendri Hayden and even the Golden Child.

Checa says it is the worst bike he has ridden! Now that tame to what Biaggi says!

So bring back the Max I say...he has done the crime and the time so a full red carpet welcome from Honda is on the cards. Can't say he wont make things lively.

Hey PH...no mention of St Helens anywhere!

Go on kick a guy when he is grieving why don't yer?;-)

I did though pass on my congratulations in another thread stating that a very good team was beaten on the night by an equally good team that had prepared a game plan and carried it out ruthlessly.

The Basket
23-10-07, 11:15 PM
Can you believe this! Honda still hold a grudge agiainst the bearded one and blackballing him.

I is sick to me stomach. I will never ever buy a Honda ever again. Not even a coffee mug.