PDA

View Full Version : FAO Fat_Bstrd

StreetHawk
23-10-07, 05:41 PM
If your still after a cheap bike then stewie on the forum is selling this -

FOR SALE ; 1990 Kwak zzr 600, ideal winter hack, taxed till mar 08, tested till june 08. £500 ono. Go on spoil yerself :grin:

He is in Warrington but thats an excuse for a nice long journey home to get used to the bike! :)

fat_brstd
23-10-07, 06:52 PM
I had a look at that but he says that it was a none runner/it works occasionally but he thinks its a fuel pump problem which means its pretty much a no good for me. Ive not got the time to fix my tl let alone another bike.

On the plus side I've found a feller with a 91 gpz500 in wycombe so I'm going to look at that tommorow. He wants 600 for it but i think if i show up with 500 cash tommorow I should be able to get him to sell it to me on the spot.

click me if you want a look (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230184241171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013) (and i know its horrible but hey hes used it every day for the last 18months and its got a long mot so im hoping it wont break in 30seconds)

StreetHawk
23-10-07, 07:54 PM
Tisn't a thing of beauty but its quicker than your current ride! ie; it moves! :-)

Warthog
23-10-07, 08:26 PM
Sounds like an honest seller too, £500 cash in hand sounds like a good bet. It will feel sloooooow after the tl though :-P

fat_brstd
25-10-07, 11:41 AM
well i took it out for a test ride last night and to be honest its crap. those have to be the worst mirrors in the history of the world. I actually couldnt see anything out of them which means they are going to have to be replaced. The rear brake was **** poor and it really needs a new set of tires on it. I think im going to bid on it upto about 400 cause its a lot more dinged up than he says in the ad. The clutch lever was pointing skyward which was a pain so thats got to be changed. It must have been dropped a lot of times.

On the plus side it did start first touch with no smoke or bad smell and hes a really nice guy and he got a garage full of bikes all of which are in bits appart from a cb750 (i think) form some point in the late 80's which is also working. He says he is selling it to get his dream bike of a cb900 (WTF?). If i get it i get it but im still looking its not worth much though.

philbut
25-10-07, 12:58 PM
Price seems a bit steep too for one of that age and milage - it is winter. £400 sounds like a better bet and allow £80 for a new set of cheapy tyres. You will probably sell it for that nexty year too!

Stig
27-10-07, 10:26 AM
£80 for a new set of rubber :?: I'd be suprised.

I'm looking at a set of milage munchers for the Honda and the best price I can find for those is a ton delivered.

ogden
28-10-07, 10:32 PM
I'm looking at a set of milage munchers for the Honda and the best price I can find for those is a ton delivered.

Out of curiosity, I just googled for "deauville tyre size". The first hit was for a horse trailer.

Hmmm.

Stig
28-10-07, 10:35 PM
Front 110/80/17 Rear 150/70/17

ogden
28-10-07, 10:40 PM
When there was a battle for attention between a horse trailer and a deauville, guess which won?

fat_brstd
29-10-07, 09:24 AM
well i didnt get itas someone got it on the buy it now at 600 which was way more than it was worth. Guess im still on the hunt then.

Sosha
29-10-07, 07:08 PM
Might be worth checking out http://www.adtrader.co.uk if you haven't already...