PDA

View Full Version : A Bona-Fide SV Owner

Jackhammer
29-10-07, 03:09 PM
Afternoon All - hope all its well with you orgerz :-)

was bored at the weekend so what did I go and do ????? Went out and bought an SV 650s :smt023

Paid a little over £1200 for a blue curvy in pretty decent nick - not perfect by any stretch of the imagination - some tank dings, fairing scratches - but other than that - all is good as far as i can tell !!!

Am concerned about the mileage though - its done 54k - and considering this its not in bad shape at all - HOWEVER - i do have NO idea what i am talking about so i am sure that once you have all cast your knowledgeable eyes over it you'll be telling me otherwise - i really hope not - but I'm just not that lucky you see.... :-({|=

so - hopefully it'll be a good little runner for a year or so - and i have also not ruled out buying yours too Sarah

I realize two SVs are probably an overkill - however it is my ONLY mode of transport - and without a car to back me up - a 2nd one may not be as daft an idea as first thought - lol

TTFN all

Jester666
29-10-07, 03:11 PM
This thread is useless without pictures!!

Jester666
29-10-07, 03:13 PM
Here!!!

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=618292838
http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=618292870

Raf
29-10-07, 03:15 PM
Hmm, funny blue colour...

So when do we get to see it in the flesh?

rigor
29-10-07, 03:17 PM
There was me thinking that it would have a yellow mudguard.... then Jester might be asking some questions :D

Jester666
29-10-07, 03:18 PM
Hmm, funny blue colour...

So when do we get to see it in the flesh?

Blue curvy? Spot on!! :thumbsup:

Jackhammer
29-10-07, 03:21 PM
This thread is useless without pictures!!

true - however the pic i have is 900K - and i can only upload 125K !!!!! and i haven't figured out how to resize the image yet - it goes beyond my digging holes in the road

Jackhammer
29-10-07, 03:22 PM
There was me thinking that it would have a yellow mudguard.... then Jester might be asking some questions :D

LOL - thought crossed my mind too

Bear
29-10-07, 03:28 PM
Well done mate. A well looked after bike engine should be fine with that kinda mileage I believe, and even if not you're in the best place to get advice of the "How do I get the ostakazoozalum nut to rethread the flange adjuster preload without borking the fanny magnet pick up?" type...

Will we see it on Friday?

Jester666
29-10-07, 03:29 PM
Are you at home tonight?

Jackhammer
29-10-07, 03:42 PM
Are you at home tonight?

yes mate i am - however remember there is no lighting in my garage.

Bear; had not planned on coming out to play this friday as i have a prior engagement - however - i am thinking of ways to get around that and come visit you all :-D

Biker Biggles
29-10-07, 03:48 PM
I would check the valve clearences as they may never have been done.Otherwise basic service,ride and enjoy.

Jester666
29-10-07, 03:53 PM
I have headlights. I'll be over 8ish for a nosey!!

Kinvig
29-10-07, 03:54 PM
Ooh - filthy wheels & down pipe! Clean them!

I think I now officially have an OCD.

Spiderman
29-10-07, 04:50 PM
looks OK to me.

Its blue (good), curvey (good) and we'll forgive you that its not naked ;)

Anyway, nice work geeting an SV so soon mate and it looks like the previous owner has done esential things like the fender extenda but left you room to do the bling like a new can.
Soho's a great place to sound test loads of different cans so make sure you wait till you've done your research before rushing off to buy one wont ya.

Jackhammer
29-10-07, 06:11 PM
Ooh - filthy wheels & down pipe! Clean them!

I think I now officially have an OCD.

these pics were taken before it was sold to me and there is no way they were that filthy when i had a good look over the bike before parting with my hard-earned i'm please to say...

a fellow OCD sufferer

Alpinestarhero
29-10-07, 07:13 PM
is it raised at the rear end?

matt

Jackhammer
29-10-07, 07:41 PM
is it raised at the rear end?

matt

am note entirely sure Matt - Jester will be here on his soon so can compare it next to another one ....

Davies
29-10-07, 09:15 PM
Jester will be here on his soon so can compare it next to another one .... :rolleyes:

Nice bike dude :smt023

Jester666
29-10-07, 10:23 PM
OK the photos aren't that good. It is GCB and in pretty good nick for its year.

The forks need sorting and the brakes are just shocking!!!! :shock:

The rear hasn't been raised.

A few dents and sctratches, need to change the riders seat to a standard one and give it a good service.

But all in all a good buy for £1200 (Trade) Mike beat him down from £1299.

Well spotted by me!! :thumbsup:

chris8886
29-10-07, 11:14 PM
gd lad, looks gd!! though i don't think you got as good a deal as me. i got my 52 plate for £1300 ;) :P lol

Alpinestarhero
30-10-07, 05:40 PM
OK the photos aren't that good. It is GCB and in pretty good nick for its year.

The forks need sorting and the brakes are just shocking!!!! :shock:

The rear hasn't been raised.

A few dents and sctratches, need to change the riders seat to a standard one and give it a good service.

But all in all a good buy for £1200 (Trade) Mike beat him down from £1299.

Well spotted by me!! :thumbsup:

Well done to you both! It must look raised compared to my bike, since i have the rack. I'd expect the forks need some painting and probably a change of fork oil? Whats wrong with the brakes?

Matt

Jester666
30-10-07, 05:55 PM
Brakes are a little scary!!! Need a good going over.

The forks just need uprated oil for now but will need progressive springs soon.

EDIT: The brakes are not a little scary, they're really scary!!!

Jackhammer
30-10-07, 09:05 PM
Brakes are a little scary!!! Need a good going over.

The forks just need uprated oil for now but will need progressive springs soon.

EDIT: The brakes are not a little scary, they're really scary!!!

I'm trying to ignore all of this chatter about the brakes - obviously i need to listen to the advise given however they seem to stop me fine - i can't wait to try out REAL sv brakes !!!!

It is however always in the back of my mind - and on my ride today i noticed I was leaving huuuuuuggggggeeeeeee distances between me and the vehicle in front - better safe than sorry i guess