PDA

View Full Version : ACU licence - renewal

Blue_SV650S
04-11-07, 10:35 AM
Got my ACU renewal through the other day ... I am not sure I am going to renew it this time round ... I really don't know if I am going to race at all next season (only done 2 rounds in the past 2 years!!) :-k ... can I justify the expense again especially as you need to join a club too.

If I let it lapse and then decide to race say 3 years down the line, is it complicated to get a new licence (will I need to re-train/pay more??!?)

Also if say I decide in July I want to do a round, again ti will have lapsed, but is it a problem to just fill in the form and pick it up there??? Or will there be more hoops?? :smt102

Biker Biggles
08-11-07, 11:46 AM
Go on.You know you want to.:)

Is renewal of the licence all that much?And does it entitle you to cheaper track time on test days?

Blue_SV650S
08-11-07, 04:18 PM
Go on.You know you want to.:)

Is renewal of the licence all that much?And does it entitle you to cheaper track time on test days?

You have to join a club too, and pay for your ACU ... it might be eye test time again too ... that can add up to about a ton all-in ... that is a lot of dosh for something you are not intending/planning to use at this point in time ...

And no, no money off ...

metalmonkey
08-11-07, 04:27 PM
Was just wondering, how much does it actually cost to race for one full season, in the mini-twins? Like the total amount, anyone here raced and know the full amount for a years racing?

Blue_SV650S
08-11-07, 04:30 PM
Was just wondering, how much does it actually cost to race for one full season, in the mini-twins? Like the total amount, anyone here raced and know the full amount for a years racing?

Realistically you want 10+ grand COSTS (you still need a bike and transport on top of that).

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=99485

I'd say unless you feel it really is your 'calling'* it really isn't worth it!!

*or have more money than sense

metalmonkey
08-11-07, 04:35 PM
Thats alot, more than I can afford how do you do it? Do you use all your own money?

Blue_SV650S
08-11-07, 04:43 PM
Thats alot, more than I can afford how do you do it? Do you use all your own money?

I don't do it (any more) :rolleyes:

Yes I was 100% self funded and it crippled me financially - which consequently crippled me socially to a great extent too! … I also got disheartened when I felt I was loosing out at times coz of money, not talent so mentally draining too ..

Since I have stopped racing (and got used to spending so much on that every year) I almost have more loose money flying about than I know what to do with … it’s great!!! :D

metalmonkey
08-11-07, 04:52 PM
It is something that I would like do, but for me it mean moving back home with the folks, and working lots of overtime......I would have to start from nothing, which would be expensive!

The one thing I find mad is the more I earn, the less money I seem to have to have! I had more free cash as a down and out student!

*or have more money than sense.....nah just something I want to do, may be switch to plan b, fast car, bank, guns;)

Well its something I can dream of doing, one day! Good luck if you decide to take your licence again! Can you wear glasses or contacts to race, casuse I have too!

Blue_SV650S
08-11-07, 05:00 PM

Lets face it to invest £10k+ in anything you have to be pretty sure it is what you want to do ... that is all I am saying ...

I don't regret spending all that cash, and I'd do it again, but personally I can't see it really being done on a whim unless you have silly amounts of money to throw away …

As for glasses, I don’t think that is a problem, no. (they might have to be safety glasses, I don’t know??? .. basically I don’t wear glasses, but I have seen racers wearing them, so assume it isn’t a problem).

metalmonkey
08-11-07, 05:06 PM
For sure agree 100%, will do a track day next year.....the one thing all hobbies have in common is expense! Not one of them is really that cheap!

Blue_SV650S
08-11-07, 06:01 PM
For sure agree 100%, will do a track day next year.....the one thing all hobbies have in common is expense! Not one of them is really that cheap!

Alongside snorting cocaine off ****** stomachs, racing has to be one of the most expensive hobby's of the lot!??! :smt082

As I said - to me you have to be pretty serious about it before investing that much time and money ... and lets face it risking your life/limbs too!! :o

Biker Biggles
08-11-07, 06:59 PM
I can get you ****** and cocaine for much less than that.
They do come with an element of risk though.;)

Blue_SV650S
08-11-07, 07:11 PM

Why would you want to snort cheap crack of cheap ******?!!?!? Have you no class man?!!? :smt082

metalmonkey
08-11-07, 07:16 PM

Dude this should be quality thing! You know what happens when you do stuff on the cheap;)

Biker Biggles
08-11-07, 07:29 PM
My ****** and coke sessions are the equivalent of going racing in the MZ class.Entry on a budget.:D

Blue_SV650S
13-11-07, 09:01 PM
Looks like I DO need an eye test too :cry:

So we are looking at ~£100 all in ...

What to do ... what to do?!?!!?

Lissa
13-11-07, 09:20 PM
Looks like I DO need an eye test too :cry:

So we are looking at ~£100 all in ...

What to do ... what to do?!?!!?

Want me to pop into the ACU and ask their advice? They are only two minutes down the road from me. Can just see me saying 'Blue wants to know if he should renew his licence this year, but can he not have to wear coke-bottle-bottomed specs please'
:D:D:D

Blue_SV650S
14-11-07, 08:48 AM
Want me to pop into the ACU and ask their advice? They are only two minutes down the road from me. Can just see me saying 'Blue wants to know if he should renew his licence this year, but can he not have to wear coke-bottle-bottomed specs please'
:D:D:D

:D

I probably won’t need glasses, that isn’t my query/problem … I just want to know if there is a gap in my ACU licence holding, what hoops to I have to go through to re-apply in say 3 years time … is it just sign up and they pick up where I left off, or is there a ‘process’ and we essentially start from scratch???? :smt102