PDA

View Full Version : Hyperpro Spring Kit

Cam_73
08-11-07, 12:28 PM
*EDIT* Title typo - should be Hyperpro

Not any more, is fixed - Sid Squid :)

Anyone fitted these fork springs?

Found them at Twin Shack. I am thinking of replacing the front springs.

Possibly over winter.

Cheers

tranx
08-11-07, 04:39 PM
I've got the front and rear spring kit fitted to my SV650 minitwin bike. They are meant to be a nice improvement over the stock, but I've never ridden the stock suspension so have nothing to compare it against.

charlie13
08-11-07, 09:36 PM
I fitted White Power progressive fork springs and 20W oil to mine a couple of months ago, i guess they will be pretty similar to the hyperpro versions. It has made a noticeable positive difference to the feel of the front end and particularly on the brakes (less dive). For such a basic mod it's never going to mean you can run rings round a proper sportsbike but in my humble it's a good value change. I'm sure there's others on here who've used hyperpro, try a search in this section.

vicks977
17-11-07, 03:55 PM
i fitted hyperpro progressives with 15 wt oil (i weigh 13 st ,run an standard svs )a few weeks ago..certainly doesn't dive as much or pogo stick as before the front is lighter and easier to steer too but the front is harsh and tends to loose feel for the road... ive got some emulators from racetech which are going in soon to help...in conclusion not worth it by itself as a mod

charlie13
17-11-07, 07:56 PM
You'll have to let us know how the bike feels after the emulators go in vicks977, i'm only a half stone heavier than yourself and i'd be interested in your feedback.

Robw#70
17-11-07, 09:12 PM
i fitted hyperpro progressives with 15 wt oil (i weigh 13 st ,run an standard svs )a few weeks ago..certainly doesn't dive as much or pogo stick as before the front is lighter and easier to steer too but the front is harsh and tends to loose feel for the road... ive got some emulators from racetech which are going in soon to help...in conclusion not worth it by itself as a mod

You'd be better off fitting linear springs with the emulators

charlie13
18-11-07, 03:04 PM
Sorry for derailing this thread, but the Dymags have been fully refurb'ed now Robw, and got them on in time for a trackday last Monday.
THEY ARE AWESOME :cheers:

Didn't realise just how heavy the bike felt on standard wheels on turn in. Now it turns with so little effort. Superb :D

Jester666
19-11-07, 01:11 AM
Just fitted Hyperpro progressives to Jackhammers tired front end.

Much nicer now and pi** easy to do.

northwind
19-11-07, 01:52 AM
Didn't realise just how heavy the bike felt on standard wheels on turn in. Now it turns with so little effort. Superb :D

Nice isn't it! Just feels so easy. I need to get my rear one sorted out...

SoulKiss
19-11-07, 08:55 AM
Have Hyperpro springs on front and back.

Seem to have made a bit of a positive diference.