SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Nutsinatin 20-11-14 06:56 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

My house is 100 meters down a pathway, when getting parcels delivered I always call the company with the tracking number to inform them that their driver will have to walk 100m to make the delivery or call me to come up and get it from them, providing both my home and mobile number, quite often I'll look at the tracking information to see a failed delivery when someone was sat in the front room which looks onto the pathway and is about 3 meters from the front door. Whenever I question this I normally get the response that I must have not noticed them at the door.

However on one occasion with a delivery from DPD the driver decided that walking was too much effort and calling me would take too much time. So he grabbed the nearest person told them to sign and deliver it, putting my name as signing for it. I complained about the fact that my parcel had been given to a random passerby with no record of who they were yet using my name, so that if I said it didn't arrive they could say that I signed for it. For those of you who were wondering, yes he was stupid enough to do that again next time. I haven't seen him since although I avoid using DPD where possible.

maviczap 20-11-14 07:01 PM

Blimey, I seemed to have kicked a hornet's nest here

keith_d 21-11-14 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maviczap (Post 2989418)
Blimey, I seemed to have kicked a hornet's nest here

Yep, with the rise in internet shopping we're all expecting more and more parcels delivered. Unfortunately, that means more pressure on the drivers to make deliveries in less than 2 seconds.

In my case it's deliveries to work which don't happen. The drivers look in the gate, see several buildings and decide it would take more than 2 seconds to find the mail room. So they don't even go through the gate (I've checked with security).

Apparently, they couldn't find anyone to sign for the delivery!!

ophic 21-11-14 09:20 AM

But has no-one realised that by not making a delivery instead of actually taking slightly more time to deliver it, another driver has to re-deliver it? Thus taking more time overall per package and increasing the overall load on the delivery industry?

Or perhaps that's the point - they can extend their own working hours. I actually can't blame them for this - if one man could do the job of two, he wouldn't get paid any more, he'd just put someone else out of a job and his company would pocket the profit.

Sounds like management need to start thinking.

Red Herring 21-11-14 09:26 AM

Or they pop a card through the door saying you have x number of days to collect it from their depo or they will send it back. This is particularly irritating if the depo is miles away and they claim to have already attempted several drops even if they haven't! Depending on how keen you are to receive your parcel it can be tempting to let them do it, but then that can have implications for trying to reclaim a full refund because they argue you should be liable for the shipping costs.

NTECUK 21-11-14 09:31 AM

This is why so many companies are starting click and collect services.
Putting the delivery drivers out of a job

kaivalagi 21-11-14 10:29 AM

Yeah, am I right in thinking I saw options on ebay before now where you can have your purchase delivered to Argos for pick up?

NTECUK 21-11-14 11:56 AM

Yep its on a few of the bigger name sellers.
Ghost bikes springs to mind...

Luckypants 21-11-14 12:02 PM

I used to have loads of trouble with City-Link claiming to have attempted delivery when I was sat in my home-office looking out on to the road/drive all day. I knew full well they had not attempted delivery! I would complain non-stop to City-link to no avail, but when I complained to the MD of Wiggle (it was mainly parcels from them) things were sorted out and they never missed a delivery again.

Don't complain to the courier, complain to whoever sends the parcel if it is an item bought from a shop. The bigger the retailer, the more clout they have with the courier.

Littlepeahead 21-11-14 12:10 PM

Stretchie getting engaged. I mean he's broken a million [male] hearts proposing to the gorgeous Cheryl. :D