SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   The All New Megathread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=219927)

chris8886 02-07-17 10:22 PM

Re: The All new Reeder Megathread

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S (Post 3072371)
I got 10 hours sleep. I feel great :thumright:

lucky bar steward! I haven't a nights sleep like that for about 5/6 years! :smt022

DarrenSV650S 02-07-17 10:39 PM

Have you tried alcohol?

littleoldman2 02-07-17 10:57 PM

I have and very successful it is. However the problem then changes to one of being unable to wake up.

andrewsmith 03-07-17 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littleoldman2 (Post 3072416)
I have and very successful it is. However the problem then changes to one of being unable to wake up.

Or falling asleep at random.
Don't deny it as there is pictures lol

Need to catch up soon mate

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

DarrenSV650S 04-07-17 05:43 PM

Looks like I need a new Virgin Media hub. I think this will be the 4th or 5th in one year. And they are refusing to just send out another one. So another engineer is coming to visit and confirm the line is still fine.

I would switch to BT but they want an extra £10 a month for a slower line

Red ones 04-07-17 05:59 PM

I'm on my third Virgin hub in a year. I think they have started throttling download speeds but don't want to admit to it.

DarrenSV650S 04-07-17 06:03 PM

I don't think mine is being throttled. I'm getting 111Mb just now and this is probably peak time. I think their routers are just crap

Red ones 04-07-17 06:12 PM

I separate out some devices onto a WiFi network that runs from an airport cables back to the router. They performs the same as the super hub. Sometimes I only get 1 meg down but I always get 10 up.

Bibio 04-07-17 06:21 PM

had my VM hub for IIR three years and not a problem, the one before that was about 10 years and again no problems. yes virgin throttle bandwidth as do every other ISP. BTW downloads are dependant on who is uploading and nothing to do with your ISP. checking your speed using one of those speed check pages does not insure that you will receive the same speed elsewhere as its dependant on the other ends upload speed.

think of the traffic that is on the main pipe and its a miracle the internet works.

ophic 05-07-17 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 3072501)
had my VM hub for IIR three years and not a problem, the one before that was about 10 years and again no problems. yes virgin throttle bandwidth as do every other ISP. BTW downloads are dependant on who is uploading and nothing to do with your ISP. checking your speed using one of those speed check pages does not insure that you will receive the same speed elsewhere as its dependant on the other ends upload speed.

think of the traffic that is on the main pipe and its a miracle the internet works.

True, but p2p programs tend to download from many locations at once. Therefore you should still be able to saturate your download bandwidth, although you might have to fiddle with the default settings on the client.