SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

timwilky 25-11-14 01:37 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2990061)
Swop the coil and the code should tel you what cylinder. Then your jobs easy!

single coil. £22 for a new pack with leads/caps etc. So ordered. currently nothing is showing on my cheapo 8yr old diag. But it does't seem to play well with the clio so might have to get a better more modern one

ophic 25-11-14 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 2990062)
media pc's. what a load of complicated shizz. i hooked the computer up to the telly for the first time ever last night and what a big disappointment that was. think i'll just be sticking to my OPPO.

What did you expect? A telly is just a big monitor...

Bibio 25-11-14 01:54 PM

thing is everything plays fine on my 26'' but once hooked up to the 51'' plasma via my amp things went a bit ermm haywire. to which i discovred that you need to keep changing the resolution to watch iso blu-ray at 1080p 24, you dont get pass through for the sound so you have to set it at 5.1 or 7.1 etc.etc. once i got it all sorted the picture was the worst i have seen in a while. the OPPO you just connect a USB HDD and off you go with no messing about, perfect picture quality and sound.

i dont know how people rave about media pc's.

kaivalagi 25-11-14 02:00 PM

I'm looking at home cinema amps at the mo to resurrect my mission speakers in the loft, I have 2 front floor standers, 2 large rear bookshelfs and a center that have been boxed up there since we moved years ago, disgraceful I know!

Looks like there is pretty much no reason to have a media PC anymore, these new amps do it all and with my NAS hosting files over DLNA/Airplay I think I'll be more than sorted....that is assuming a decent £400ish amp will upscale / render to the TV and play multi channel audio well and not make a mess of otherwise decent 1080p video files...liking the look of the Sony STRDN850 or something similar

NTECUK 25-11-14 02:00 PM

Renult are plain odd!
Unfortunately we get the crossover of some of there tec.

Bibio 25-11-14 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaivalagi (Post 2990066)
I'm looking at home cinema amps at the mo to resurrect my mission speakers in the loft, I have 2 front floor standers, 2 large rear bookshelfs and a center that have been boxed up there since we moved years ago, disgraceful I know!

Looks like there is pretty much no reason to have a media PC anymore, these new amps do it all and with my NAS hosting files over DLNA/Airplay I think I'll be more than sorted....that is assuming a decent £400ish amp will upscale / render to the TV and play multi channel audio well and not make a mess of otherwise decent 1080p video files

dont even try playing a blu-ray iso over lan it does not work. what i'm looking at playing with next is an ASUS O!play mini V2 with usb HDD. if your playing files over lan you need to rip the dvd/blu-ray to something smaller, but whats the point in that as you end up loosing all the quality.

i have been looking to upgrade my amp for a while as the only thing it's missing for me is 3D pass through and to get the features that matter (upscaling, 7.1, proper binding posts, 3D etc.etc) it's looking like £500+

Bibio 25-11-14 03:46 PM

they sure knew how to make perfume in the 30's. even just touching the box and i'm stinking of the bloody stuff :-(

Red Herring 25-11-14 06:15 PM

1930's perfume? Not even going to ask where you found that! Is it like a good wine and improve with age......?

dizzyblonde 25-11-14 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NTECUK (Post 2990054)
Were did you get the ink.
Some bits are more sensitive.
"Nurse, the blinds please ".... ;)

I don't know if you may have seen it before at the AR. I have a large Pegasus on my shoulder. I had it done four years ago, but it was never finished. Mainly because, although I gave the design from my own hand, it didn't come out quite how I wanted.... And it hurt!
I was waiting for someone I was more confident in, to finish it off in a more suitable way.... But he hurt more than the first time!!!

dizzyblonde 25-11-14 08:00 PM

And I had my friend with me, who has tattoos in some very painful places. She came the first time and both times she bloody laughed.

Wouldn't have had anybody else with me either. There's a reason we've been mates for 20 years!