SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   The running thread. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=229193)

DarrenSV650S 11-10-21 09:11 PM

Re: The running thread.

Has he given you any kind of timescale?

Yeah I wasn't sure if I would be too cold with just shorts and T shirt but it was fine

garynortheast 11-10-21 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S (Post 3132518)
Has he given you any kind of timescale?

Yeah I wasn't sure if I would be too cold with just shorts and T shirt but it was fine

She's booked me for an x-ray for Thursday and referring me to the Muscular and Skeletal people.

There was a chap running in shorts and t-shirt with his dog up on Stapeley Hill this morning when I was walking up there. It was pretty cold at that time of the morning!

DarrenSV650S 11-10-21 09:23 PM

Oh yeah it was chilly this morning!

Hope they give you good news :thumright:

DarrenSV650S 18-10-21 07:30 PM

Same loop tonight. 37mins door to door with a long cool down walk. I think I could easily get that to 30mins.

My knee isn't as sore this time. Took a few days to recover last week. Hopefully it'll be less of a problem the more I jog.

How's your knee Gary?

garynortheast 18-10-21 08:18 PM

Well done Darren, sounds like you're getting back into it.

Knee is still swollen, seems to be fluid. Had my x-ray last Thursday, going to phone the GP tomorrow and see if she's had the report. Walking ok but definitely not mended enough to run. Bloody frustrating.

DarrenSV650S 18-10-21 08:37 PM

Bet it is. Hopefully she has good news for you

garynortheast 25-12-21 03:41 PM

First run since mid September. A short run to see how my knee is going to hack it.

Considering I haven't run for more than 3 months, I'm astonished to have averaged under 10m/m. My knee feels pretty good still too. :-)

daktulos 26-12-21 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3134234)
Considering I haven't run for more than 3 months, I'm astonished to have averaged under 10m/m. My knee feels pretty good still too. :-)

I hope it's still feeling that way today, looks like good progress!

garynortheast 26-12-21 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daktulos (Post 3134242)
I hope it's still feeling that way today, looks like good progress!

Both knees are a bit stiff today, but I'd guess that's just the result of the unaccustomed running exercise. Knee is certainly no worse for the run. Got a six miler arranged for the day after tomorrow. I'll see how that goes.

garynortheast 02-01-22 05:15 PM

New year's day run in the Stretton hills around the Carding Mill valley yesterday. Just over 4 miles of hilly running although I forgot to start the Garmin for the first quarter mile.

It was very busy by the time we came down off the tops, hundreds of people and lots of them with dogs not properly under control.

My knee gave me no real problems, and hasn't been particularly stiff or achey subsequently.

Shorter route than originally planned as, due to a bout of chaotic disorganisation on my part on arrival, we had a late start!