SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Bibio 28-11-14 01:30 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

the salesman is not cold calling as you made an appointment.

people who offer an instant discount are not to be trusted.

go to your local joiner and ask them for a quote.

Littlepeahead 28-11-14 01:33 PM

Re: Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaivalagi (Post 2990431)
Should have not let him in, regardless of appointment made :)

Or would that have got you in someone's bad books?

I'd have opened the door, explained that I was very sorry but the whole family had come down with Ebola, or possibly just norovirus, overnight and we'd have to reschedule.

Socks. No matter that they go into the washing machine in pairs, they come out in random single non matching items. Where the hell did this one blue striped one come from, and how come I now have 3 grey ones? What's most annoying is for the last few years I've only bought my own socks from M&S boys department, kids size 12-3 as my feet are tiny and they have a band inside to make them easy to pair up yet still I get random odd ones!

Trev B 28-11-14 03:05 PM

I was trying to get away from Americanisation of the UK!!!

maviczap 28-11-14 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bibio (Post 2990440)
the salesman is not cold calling as you made an appointment.

people who offer an instant discount are not to be trusted.

go to your local joiner and ask them for a quote.

No the sales team called at the door the previous week without an appointment, so they were cold calling.

My wife blamed the children for agreeing to the sales people returning to give us the full sales patter, as they were both at home ill. I was away at the time, otherwise it would have been a no.

Its quite a regular thing in our area, as they prey on unsuspecting OAP's.

I'm going to get a couple of local firms in to give us a quote.

Like you say instant discounts & phoning the office to get further discounts gets my back up and I don't trust them.

If he'd started at a reasonable figure, and reduced it by a couple of thou, I might have been tempted, as the final offer didn't look too bad.

As I haven't bought any replacement windows for a while, I want to get a few more quotes before taking the plunge.

Anyone paying his initial quote must need their head examining

ManMango 28-11-14 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlepeahead (Post 2990442)
I'd have opened the door, explained that I was very sorry but the whole family had come down with Ebola, or possibly just norovirus, overnight and we'd have to reschedule.

Socks. No matter that they go into the washing machine in pairs, they come out in random single non matching items. Where the hell did this one blue striped one come from, and how come I now have 3 grey ones? What's most annoying is for the last few years I've only bought my own socks from M&S boys department, kids size 12-3 as my feet are tiny and they have a band inside to make them easy to pair up yet still I get random odd ones!

Yep, I will never understand this. I paired up countless amounts of socks and just threw out every odd one I could including dirty and washed. Yet a couple of weeks later im in the same position. Odd ones all over the place. Its not like I come home from a night out or from a friends with one sock on. I just don't understand!!!

I live with my wife and 2 young children so there is no mixing up happening.

Trev B 28-11-14 03:28 PM

I buy only black socks always got a pair,!!!

BanannaMan 28-11-14 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trev B (Post 2990448)
I was trying to get away from Americanisation of the UK!!!

Can't blame you for that!

NTECUK 29-11-14 01:46 PM

Why B&Q can't sell a light fitting that fits over the standard celling rose!

Littlepeahead 29-11-14 02:22 PM

Retailers and manufacturers thinking we are stupid and don't notice what they are up to. Well maybe some people don't realise, but it annoys me.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandst...shrink-in-size

NTECUK 29-11-14 02:27 PM

I can remember proper sized Mars bars etc!!!