SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   Idle Banter (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Gripe of the day - What is yours? (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=212216)

Bibio 16-11-23 05:54 PM

Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by garynortheast (Post 3142321)
Vehicle tax, cheeky ratbags. Got the Peugot in January, taxed it, now at the end of November I have to pay for another year's tax. Goodness knows how much they are raking in from folks with this con.

Good job it's only £35 a year. :-(

are you sure they are not just sending out a reminder a bit sooner than normal. if not then i would dispute their calculations. i can understand that sometimes you loose a months tax if your at the end of the month say a week before the end of Jan which means that they will take the whole of Jan but that still does not work out as you would have had to have taxed it at the end of December.

the other way round it is to buy it by dd monthly but this is exactly what they want everyone to do. continuos insurance and tax

Sir Trev 16-11-23 06:22 PM

I'm guessing your tax runs out end of Dec then Gary, although it is still a bit early to send out a reminder, unless they think people will forget in the chaos of most folk's Chrimbo.

garynortheast 16-11-23 06:38 PM

Nope, runs out 30th November according to the V11W.

Craig380 17-11-23 09:20 AM

Got the next steps on my back problem: vertebroplasty to strengthen the compromised vertebra, then surgery to ablate the areas that are rubbing on the sciatic nerves and causing the pain, then a couple of plates / rods to keep everything stable.

Good job it's winter as it'll mean no biking for at least 2 months.

admin 17-11-23 09:36 AM

That sounds quite intensive. What was the underlying cause a previous injury or age related?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Craig380 17-11-23 11:04 AM

A secondary tumour on the vertebra, which has been growing since late last year. Had two sessions of radiotherapy on it to shrink it (which helped a lot) but with the most recent pain flare, the consultants reckon that it could be getting unstable and at risk of collapsing, which would be bad. So the aim is to intervene early and stabilise things as much as possible.

admin 17-11-23 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig380 (Post 3142336)
A secondary tumour on the vertebra, which has been growing since late last year. Had two sessions of radiotherapy on it to shrink it (which helped a lot) but with the most recent pain flare, the consultants reckon that it could be getting unstable and at risk of collapsing, which would be bad. So the aim is to intervene early and stabilise things as much as possible.

Blimey. Puts my cold in perspective.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

Craig380 17-11-23 04:16 PM

At least I'm not missing good biking weather, as I'm likely to be out of the saddle well into the new year :|

admin 17-11-23 04:33 PM

True. It's a good time to get the procedure done. I hope its successful.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk

garynortheast 17-11-23 06:55 PM

Wow Craig, that all sounds pretty serious. Let's hope they get this sorted pretty pronto. As you say, ideal time of the year to deal with it, and you should be ready to get back in the saddle in time for the new season.