SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum (http://forums.sv650.org/index.php)
-   2010 Annual Rideout (http://forums.sv650.org/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   newbies or those thinking of coming to AR but dont know anyone. (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=154648)

mwncimelyn 28-07-10 05:54 PM

Re: newbies or those thinking of coming to AR but dont know anyone.

Coming to the briefing does make sense. If I'm going I'll make sure I'm there for that. And I might camp Saturday night, will have to sort some stuff out first.

Thanks
Steve

minimorecambe 28-07-10 06:45 PM

Hope you all have fun.

I have a PR event that weekend.

I will definately come next AR though :)

Kate Moss 29-07-10 06:05 PM

I am not that new to riding, but new to the sv650 and this will be my first ever ride out with more than one other person! I'm scared but excited. I shall be the one just in front of the tec i should imagine!
I will be at the briefing, never miss the opportunity of Bear beasting everyone!!

Quiff Wichard 29-07-10 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwak zzr (Post 2330916)
This is my first AR camping !! i usually look at all the photos after the event and wish i was there :( i'm sure this one will be the best ever!!

you will be pished ,aasleep with yer head out the tent by by half 9 Daz...

N8te rider 01-08-10 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowsie (Post 2319245)
To add to what the Quiffster said, if you're a young female worried about all these dirty old men being around you...I'll look after you ;)

On a serious note...2007, a very well known man on this site offered to fit me a Scottoiler to my bike the weekend of the AR, more of a convincing to go...I'd never met anyone on this site and I was driving 100-150 miles up the M1 & M6 on my own to meet up with a bunch of bikers...I didn't know what to expect. The guy pushed me so much to come and told me I wouldn't regret going, he never turned up to the AR because of electrical problems and I never got my Scottoiler fitted, but, I had the best weekend of my life ever, covering the most miles I had ever on my bike (500+), learnt so much from various people, and it started many friendships with many people that still go strong today, I now have friends all over the country and I am very grateful to that one person for persuading me to go that year. That is the main reason why this years is very special to me.

Can you guess the person who convinced me was?

Like this post! Am less nervous about about meeting so many new faces now :D

BernardBikerchick 03-08-10 08:20 AM

come on newbies do't be shy the bbc is about !!

missyburd 03-08-10 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kate Moss (Post 2331699)
I am not that new to riding, but new to the sv650 and this will be my first ever ride out with more than one other person! I'm scared but excited. I shall be the one just in front of the tec i should imagine!
I will be at the briefing, never miss the opportunity of Bear beasting everyone!!

You're coming on your own SV? Yey :-) Maybe I'll join you next year hehe

Kate Moss 03-08-10 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris (Post 2335035)
You're coming on your own SV? Yey :-) Maybe I'll join you next year hehe

Yep i am! eeeek, so nervous! Im still a bit wobbly on it but intend to do at least one lef of the journey.

Please someone catch me at the stops!! Getting on and off is hard! lol